CareFusion Reviews

Updated 15 April 2015
190 reviews filtered by
  • San Diego, CA, US Area (US)
2.6
CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Company created to sell, just sold to BD for 12.5 billion

Former Employee - Computer Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Computer Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion

Pros

Make your own hours. Challenging work. Very nice co-employees
    If you can keep your mouth shut, you can stay employed, as management has no idea what you are supposed to do.

Cons

Middle management changes frequently.
    Long hours expected
    Lots of travel to Hospitals in back water places.
    HR is a 1-800 number. Very strange....
    Just sold, and may be re-sold again soon.

Advice to Management

Stability is a key to success.
    Control the people in Operations, they cause serious issues with R&D.

2. Great experience at CareFusion (before acquisition )

Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employees/co-workers make the company, good facilities, provide good health resources, very proactive with community health issues

Cons

Can be too bureaucratic, sometimes concern about launching than quality, focused on quick wins than long term growth/sustainability

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Challenging work.

Cons

Lack of morale and poor management

Advice to Management

Stop managing upward.

5. Career Death

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some highly competent and fun people to work with here. The pay and benefits are competitive. The culture is easy going and pretty much stress free.

Cons

Nothing ever happens here. One project after another gets cancelled. Carefusion has not been able to put out a new product in 12 years. Any new ideas are squashed by the "old Guard (e.g. GB) that want to keep the status quo and control their little kingdoms. The same meetings covering the same tired material are held literally for years. Boredom and frustration reign supreme.
    If you're a technical professional my advice is to stay away. But, if you're looking for a place to kick back and hide, and don't mind being bored, this is a good place to be.

Advice to Management

Don't be so afraid to make something new. Complete a few new development programs (beside software add-ons).

Pretty much the state of the company

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion

Pros

Great co-workers is about the only thing I can add here.

Cons

compensation, work life balanace, managers are terrible

Advice to Management

Today is my last official day with Care Fusion.

The TSC department has experienced a serious decline which may or may not have been intentional as part of the merger with BD, and this has left us with a poorly staffed call-center in San Diego.

We went from having a structured tiered system with front-line call-takers, sliders (agents who took calls but could also “slide” over to assist with cases), three different tiers of case workers for each product group (each tier gradually addressed more advanced issues), and a T.E.C. group who served as our product subject-matter-experts (SMEs) to transitioning into an environment where everyone works every case.

Currently an agent is presented to our customers as “senior level” or as an “SME” because they have a pulse and answered the phone. We are openly lying to customers on a daily basis, and lack the appropriate tiers to properly manage our customers’ issues.

A large number of our experienced extended-hours agents were let go rather than moved to days where their added numbers would have greatly improved our service levels and case resolution. The TEC group was disbanded and a portion of them – our knowledge experts – were let go. Numerous agents have left and with them goes their product knowledge which one cannot obtain by taking an e-class or sitting through a training session. It takes months – if not years – to get this kind of exposure and with every lost employee you lose productivity for your technical support call center.

Despite our numerous efforts to address this with leadership, we are consistently told “If you don’t like it there is the door.”

So be it – I am taking the door.

I am writing this to you in hopes of seeing a change in this department. The people who work here love what they do but hate the way they are being asked to do it, and I humbly ask for you to fix the problem. We have tried to assist with suggestions on the proper method of running a technical call center and have been shut out of the process.

I personally think you should bring back supervisors and draw upon your existing technical team leads to fill those positions or at the very least use people with a technical background who better understand our process. Take non-technical agents and use them as “team leads” to handle case assignments; this should never be a position set aside for a technical agent. Scale back on the top-heavy management design, and replace those responsible for getting us into this mess.

A generation behind current IT standards

Current Contractor - Senior QA Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Contractor - Senior QA Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at CareFusion as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place for Indian housewives to retire while "working" and not adding any value to the role.

Cons

Not good for intelligent and techie people.
    If you are intelligent and knowledgeable and explain how things can be better, you will be let go.

Advice to Management

Learn about technology

8. Good benefits, not so good corporate culture.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion

Pros

The benefits are good and PTO is plentiful.

Cons

Sub-standard pay, questionable leadership, and the corporate culture is not at all good.

Advice to Management

Sack the majority of the supervisors, managers, and directors. Pay your newer employees more, and fire the dinosaurs that can't hack the new products, or simply can't learn how to support different products.

Get back in the game

Former Employee - Finance Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At least at corporate, the location is prime. Most of the people are there for the right reasons. Most other "pro's" like flexibility, work/life, and culture must be tempered with, 'it depends who your boss is'.

Cons

Simply put, the density of directors and above occupying their positions for reasons primarily to do with who they know, rather than how good they are, is heavy.
    The culture has become, "how to acquire and maintain an office". An office becomes particularly necessary when you don't know what the heck you are doing, so at least you can keep your door closed to pretend you are occupied with things more important than improving processes and mentoring employees; not that many CFN directors/above could do it if they actually wanted to.

Advice to Management

Understand and appreciate the line level workload created by managers/directors who either don't know what they are doing, or simply aren't good managers. Stop doing more with less. That extra 2 cents/share isn't worth it.

10. Average

Former Employee - Buyer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Buyer in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was recently acquired by BD. It has a great focus on its people.

Cons

Very political and bureaucratic

11. Good place to work. Nice enviroment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and flexible work hours. Supports a nice balance between work and home. Promotes personal growth within the company.

Cons

Still experience growing pains after splitting from Cardinal Health. Problems with melding the two cultures of the Infusion and Dispensing sides of the business.

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to what the employee surveys are really telling you

CareFusion Photos