CareFusion

CareFusion Reviews in San Diego, CA US

Updated Jul 12, 2014

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue

Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits all the years that I was employed there(in 33 reviews)

• This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service(in 15 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns(in 19 reviews)

146 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work

Senior Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsPaid travel to your different job sites. Good working environment.

ConsLots of travel because of the clientele's location

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Challenging

ProsWork life balance
    Compensation
    Location (in San Diego)
    Has potential

ConsLacking innovation. Most people does not welcome change - stuck in " this is how we've done it in the past"

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow those people with knowledge to lead and remove those who are just obstacles

Absolute lack of direction from the top.

TSR/SLIDER/CASE WORKER (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

Pros-higher than average pay
    -can accumulate PTO time very quickly
    -mostly flexible schedule
    -Co-workers are great for OJT

Cons-constant pressure to perform
    -middle management has no clue about products or flow
    -lack of direction from constantly changing upper management
    -standards and requirements change on a whim

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and focus on the real problems not imaginary issues.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsLimited supervision, great place to work, team oriented

ConsContract to hire with limited full time positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring contractors with many years experience working with the company.

CareFusion Review

Product/Market Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsGood place to work, good people

ConsRigid structure, hard to make things happen, risk averse culture

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsNice facilities, good industry and good products

Consif you want to be micromanaged and treated as a number and not a human being, this is the right place for you. It's all about profit and nobody cares about the well being of the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation, and success can only happen with good employees and if you don't treat them well all the valuable people will leave and the rest will stay

Worst place in San Diego to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsThe founders of the company were very people focused and the products made by this company are life saving devices the. But the new management is very profit focused not people below the C suite focused, and the typical MO is to acquire a company and then move operations to Mexico focused leaving many US employees without a job.

ConsHR management is terrible and out of touch. Multiple departments have gone through almost 100% turnover within the past 2 years including compensation, recruiting and employee relations. If you are in HR this is the last company you want to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership in Human Resources is weak, open your eyes to the problems!

Worked for 3 years in IT Operations.

SAP Consultant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsWork Environment and Pay was not great but good. Overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, helpful and were good. Allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. Good business community.

ConsNo motivation whatsoever you get from Manager. Manager does not trust her team instead likes contractors. I think encouraging good work is a way to boost the employee's morale. Supportive work environment is essential for an employee to make significant contributions to the company. In my case, unfortunately, that lacked and left me no choice but to quit my job, although I loved the technical aspect of it. Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns. Huge employee turnover in this IT team compared to any other IT teams (Total 10 people left under this manager and 4 people in last four months).

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work "Except" in IT Operation Team. Advice to management - stop employee turnover in this team.

Extreme poor and inexperienced middle level management.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsVP's and above management are very innovative, futuristic and willing to grow the company.

ConsMiddle layer management is very poor. They want to criticize others and point out the obstacle, rather try to solve it. They try to show off their credit by criticize junior. Stop to build more leaders to keep job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers performance should determine by taking feedback from employee, not from their weekly summery.

Strategic Sourcing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsThe pay was good, not great but good - overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, relationships were good. I had a lot of autonomy to do my job, which I like. I got to lead some great projects that allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. I was fortunate to be working on a diverse team/dept, although not all parts of the organization are like this. Some of the executives I had a chance to work with are great individuals - funny and caring. The organization also has Employee Resource Groups which is great so you can feel a part of something and meet others outside your direct dept/team - make sure to take advantage of these.

ConsWorkload is heavy, although there are brief moments of peace. High pressure position, definitely stressful (especially at fiscal year end). Policies and procedures need to be revamped for greater efficiency and to match industry best practices. I didn't like some of the business decisions made that negatively impacted the employee population (including temp workers). I understand bottom line is important, but people are important too. Constant RIF's. For those that have been with the organization for a while, stop saying "that's just how we do things" since obviously not everything being done is exactly working well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as people, not objects. Look at the market, some of the most successful companies are the ones taking care of their employees (at all levels).

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!