CareerBuilder

CareerBuilder Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

CareerBuilder CEO Matt Ferguson

Matt Ferguson

Pros
  • Work life balance is really good, I never saw people burned out from overwork(in 37 reviews)

• Great benefits with tons of learning opportunities(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • I witnessed mediocre sales reps who sucked up to the Sales Director and move from sales(in 22 reviews)

• No office culture or morale due to extremely high turnover(in 12 reviews)

Flexible, Innovation driven and Friendly work culture with great perks!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsI've been working with CB for less than six months now, and I can tell this company has a great future. Great leadership, extremely friendly work culture and great perks if you're a performer. Awesome incentives and a chance to travel the world !

ConsNot many, you do tend to put in longer work hours, however that's completely voluntary. The India product needs to improve, which I am sure will over the next few years!

My experience with CB is really exited. WE get a chance to work on Hackathon, Hackday & work directly with business

Engineering Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsDevelopers work diretcly with bsuienss. And each oen has a chance

ConsI dint see CORCERNS till now from past 5 years

Good Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly working environment for the employees..

ConsNeeds to improve the management structure

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the motivation which you give to the team members

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most Exciting Workplace

Product Development Manager (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Pros1) Immense Growth
    2) Employee Friendly
    3) Challenging Work
    4) Travel opportunities
    5) Learning Opportunities

Consits too good to believe

Awesome.

Sales Director (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsA great Company with wonderful people and culture

ConsNeed to make more noise in the market about how good we are...

Technology experts

SE At B'lore Office - Ex Employee Now (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsLet me first make this clear that CareerBuilder is the only product of it's kind in the industry.
    - What ever I've learned so far in my career of 4-5 years is completely due to these guys.
    - During these times, I worked with two direct teams; experience has been phenomenal with the technology wizards.
    - No tech teams in this industry has got the tech experts as careerBuilder has.
    - Excellent architecture.
    - Openness in the culture.,Excellent guys to work with.
    - The kind of technical depth Norcross office people have is exceptional.
    - Belief in lean philosophy; this has impressed me the most.
    - has a great vision, and strives constantly to move towards that.

I'll always cherish all those days I've worked with you guys. Hats off to you guys.

ConsThis applies to Offshoring team only -
    - Why doesn't the CareerBuilder has a direct say in the appraisals done at Bangalore office?
    - There was no way till I was there; to identify performers from non-performers; everybody got the same hike every year. I also saw a lot of favoritism being involved in the India teams managers.

I don't see any cons with careerbuilder.com. Instead I would say that I would love it to be back with CaeerBuilder; but not at this moment. I want you guys to be more smarter in handling and involving yourself more at deeper levels with offshoring teams.

Advice to Senior Managementwell, this isn't merely an advice, it's something that would benefit you guys for a long term ; if you can open development centers in France and China; how's the deal with a similar office in India. You should've done this atleast an year back.

Great people moving in the right direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsFreedom to pick the tools and languages most appropriate to your problems. Lots of great learning opportunities. Relaxed work environrment. Leadership really listens to employees at all levels and makes an effort to improve. Quarterly bonuses are nice. 1/2 day fridays during July and August, and a pretty good PTO policy

ConsPay is low compared to the tech sector in Atlanta, and they lose lots of experienced engineers to to bigger salaries somewhere local. Not much effort made to hold onto experienced engineers can make it hard to build reliable scalable softare.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to hold onto experienced engineers, a software company can't run on software only built by people fresh out of school

Great Culture and many learning opportunities

Software Engineer I (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsStarted working a little less than a year ago right out of college. Very laid back culture. Upper management doesn't put any stress on employees and really value our input on decisions.
    Upper management also really encourages learning. Whether it be practical things used in the work place or taking classes at nearby university.

ConsAlthough the living costs of living in Georgia are much lower than other cities with a lot of technology, (SF, NY, CHI). The pay still seems to be less aggressive than other technology companies.

Good place to get your start

ProsThere are a lot of positive things about working at CareerBuilder. Here are just a few...
    1) Culture - The culture is amazing and could be compared to that of a Google or Facebook. It really is fun.
    2) The benefits and perks are very good.
    3) Schedule - if you are in IT, your schedule is most likely very flexible. Get your job done and you have a lot of time to enjoy yourself.

ConsThe biggest issue for CareerBuilder is the pay for IT related positions. The company still heavily pushes itself as a 'Sales' type of organization, even though they are pushing software advances very hard. This means that salaries for IT related jobs are below normal.

The second issue is that certain teams are prided more than others. If you are on the right team, you will get recognition constantly; however, if you are not it will seem as if you make little impact, when in fact you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone equally. Operational teams, UX engineers, Search engineers...they all deserve the same acknowledgement.

Review pay. Keeping top talent should really be a top priority!

Sales

ProsAmazing company to work for...

ConsQuota can be aggressive and hard to maintain but the benefits of doing well is outstanding

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being amazing

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!