Carnival Corporation

www.carnivalcorp.com

Carnival Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 09, 2014
Carnival Corporation – Doral – “View of Carnival Place, the Carnival Corporation…”

Micky Arison

Pros
  • Working in Carnival is the best and you can visit some of tourist spot around the world(in 7 reviews)

• You really can see the world through this type of work(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited growth opportunities, long hours on embarkation and debarkation(in 7 reviews)

• ridiculous policies, poorly managed from the shore, treats employees horribly, long working hours(in 5 reviews)

Great experience!!!

Shore Excursions (Current Employee)

ProsTravel, see beautiful places which you never imagined to visit in your lifetime.
    Deliver service on fast track.
    Work with people coming from places you never heard before. Very diverse environment to work in.
    Sets an example to world, if we can leave together everyone else can. No need for Wars! Ethnic Riots!!
    Good care of team members, in house certified training for free, retirement benefits, on board medical, etc.

ConsSome crew cannot get it right - the true team spirit and this can effect you and many others
    Salary is low, which is common in this industry (also depends on your position and where you come from - due to money exchange rates)

The fun never ends in carnival not only for Guests also for Crew member, I am ..................Carnival.

Storekeeper(Formally Butcher) (Current Employee)

ProsImmediate response and a solution for the Crew Member at any situation.

ConsSlow promotions and slow increment in salary in certain Department especially in Provisions (Storeroom).

Advice to Senior Managementplease place a right person for the right jobs

good experience in my liffe

Pastry Chef (Current Employee) Chennai

Prosi learn many of things about my section

Consonly about salary its not enough

Advice to Senior Managementplease put salary increament in every condract otherwise free WIFI & phone service its good for me & other people also enjoing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, flexible, great benefits, and management that actually seems to care for their employees

Cruise Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsAmazing flexibility by having the option to work from home, management is not always breathing down your neck (even with this being a sales position), decent amount of vacation time and sick time hours even for a new employee, lots of opportunity to do overtime but not obligated to work it.

ConsThe top paying incentive tiers are getting more difficult to reach so this position is not paying as well as it used to. Still fair pay compared to other lines. You have to be a machine on the phones, because we have only 4 minutes per hour for a break and a 30 min lunch break. It's not as easy as it seems when you take a large amount of calls daily with no time to re-set between calls. Since its a call center, it is nearly impossible to get PTO approved for when you want it and if you are not one of the top performers, you will probably work a shift no one wants. No room to climb up the ladder. The coaches have been the same for a good 5 or 6 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementOver all, this is a fantastic, lively workplace. I think it's a great position for someone that is comfortable with making upper 40's and doesn't mind not moving up the ladder.

Good, great environment

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsGreat culture, diverse environment, new experiences and adventure, interesting work. Make new friends all over the world

ConsLimited growth opportunities, long hours on embarkation and debarkation. Low salary, not good career projection for professional position.

My current job as a photographer and lab technician.

Photographer (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsYou can travel around the place that you want to be.

ConsBut it's not enough time to see the place that you visit.

Not living up to the core service values.

Photographer (Former Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsGreat experience for a shorter period of time, not a career. I learned a lot in the first year, but hit a limit. I enjoyed working with people from all over the world. Got to see most of the Caribbean in short times off. Made some great friends. Everything I enjoyed about the job had nothing to do with the company itself.

ConsPoor pay for the hours worked. Too much time standing. Little time for relaxing and sleep.

Inefficient use of workers because everyone works the same hours. There are plenty of times when only half the staff would really be necessary. No regular benefits. Little chance for moving up, unless you are from the right country and have a certain personality. Have to deal with thousands of guests with think they own you because they paid to get on the ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the people, not just the numbers. When half the ship photo management leaves in a short period of time, you should realize there is a problem in the way you are treating people and running the operation.

Used To be a great place to work

Cruise Vacation Specialist (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Prosgood pay, Great people

ConsToo much pressure to sell insurance and other peripherals, constant negative environment.

Advice to Senior Managementput more focus on your front line, your phone centers are the first experience many customers have with you

Massive company doing their best to stay organized

Showband Musician (Former Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsIf you're a musician looking for a steady paycheck performing, this is a way to get that. The lifestyle is incredibly leisurely. There isn't much to challenge you once you get into the routine. If this lifestyle is appealing, playing on a cruise ship is a way to go.

ConsCarnival is huge. You definitely get the feeling that Carnival only recognizes that you exist if you were to mess up. So much of their workforce is international, especially on the ships, making English often a second language for employees that are in power on the ship. This makes it difficult for everyone when you're trying to communicate about subtleties regarding pay, shipping, taxes, customs, etc. Also be ready to leave your normal life behind for an extended period, as contracts are at least six months long, and onboard wifi is very expensive and slow.

Generally good

Entertainment Technician (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsSee the world, save money, gain experiences

Consyou life to the out side world stops, everyone else life keeps going and yours stops on land and is now only the ship. the longer you stay the harder it is to leave

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!