Cerner

Cerner Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Cerner Chairman, CEO & President Neal L. Patterson

Neal L. Patterson

Pros
  • Cerner takes a genuine interest in their employees and their families (work/life balance is important)(in 17 reviews)

• Great place to start a carrier and build your resume(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Indian employees are treated like slaves, and never think of work life balance at all(in 63 reviews)

• In hand is less than expected, some times high workload you have to work for long hours,(in 58 reviews)

Waste company to work. You will make no progress professionally

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsNo positive to say. At India, there is no development work. All bug fixing and testing.

ConsIts been 3 days since I joined. I felt cheated after joining. You will find worst recruiters of IT industry here.

I regret that I joined leaving beside a very good service based company, thinking Cerner India, as a product company.
    In India only bug-fixing is done, and all challenging development is done at US.

I am a developer, with more than 2.5 years exp in a reputed IT company, and after joining, i am asked to do 80% testing, 10% process follow-up, merely 10% development.
    I am totally frustrated, and my advise to all, is please never join this company, however attractive package may be.

Dress-code is there. No flexibility, although HR says they support flexibility. Filled with cheaters.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot point in advising the egoistic management.

Just about average

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros1. In an attractive domain , Healthcare
    2. Reasonable compensation
    3. Plenty of learning resources

ConsI have great respect for the kind of work this company does. But Cerner India is not Cerner US.

1. Quality of work - Working here for 2 years can make you useless to every other company.
    2. Deteriorating Quality of India Associates - Overpaid people with minimum skill set rarely leave . These people are useful to the company for the simple fact that they acquire "Cerner skills" which is nothing but set of process that you have to do over and over again. Really sad with this strategy of the parent company.
    3. Company within the company- I recently know of an instance when a so called long timer recruited a dumb BPO guy as "architect" into his team. These kind of personal interests happen all the time There is a group of long timers who have survived and will survive with no talent.
    4. Great Indian strategy -Majority of the good people recruited here are into the Senior Engineer level. Reasonable compensation and the architect tag are the baits. For a senior engineer the next level is architect .. As soon as you are an SE you think how it is easy to be an architect looking at so many dumb people around bearing the title architects. All of the laterals will say "Just for the title" and the cliche "I can use this title else where since how would they know the quality of work i am doing here" . Truth is for none of them it happens. The existing architects are dumb heads but they certainly know how to save their jobs. They get all technical data entry work to be done by the lateral "Senior Engineers in the team . All pure data entry jobs go to interns. while they Google magazine material and do FB in office .

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop the title Software Architect in Cerner India. That title has a meaning in IT World We have no work that requires a person with this title. So many dumb heads with this title is the worst advertisement you can give for the brand else where.

Good interview process

ProsThey had come to my college for campus selection. It was organised.

ConsNothing in particular. It went through smoothly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to Work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood Work Culture, Classy Training, Opportunity to learn new skills, Health benifits, Good pay

ConsIf you come from a Clinical background, it would be little easier to settle down or else you have to put a lot of hard work to understand things and you may feel the shortage of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNice job done. Keep it going.

Overall, a good place to be at

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood work life balance.
    Excellent market & domain knowledge
    Well defined processes
    Annual games etc.

ConsVery conservative
    Older technologies
    Outdated HR processes
    Less growth if you are not in top twenty percent

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some guys with solid product management experience at the top

Cerner Interns

Prostotally Worth the pay during internship
    Health care domain make a difference in lives
    No Job tension
    Happy environment and satisfying

ConsMight not work for every one
    Domain is a little restricting
    Not sure of opportunities other than health care

Advice to Senior ManagementVenture into core IT domains not restricting to specific domain

Team Lead

Team Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood in terms of Salary and flexibility.

ConsWork wise not that great to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some challenging initiatives to Team leads and not make them to sit with excel sheet and monitor kind of jobs.

Good for a Fresher

Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFlexibility with attractive compensation and benefits

ConsNot that great with regards to work

A good company to work

ProsGood management and Nice projects and good Hikes

ConsHave to stay late to work with US employees

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is good

A really good company to work wit but there needs to be more transparency in the hierarchy

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros1. Awesome work.
    2. Good colleagues.
    3. Employees well taken care of in terms of facilities and salary.

Cons1. Too strict in terms of bosses which makes them difficult to approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the structure really transparent so that any issues can be seriously dealt with without hesitating to approach your manager.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!