Chart Industries

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Chart Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Samuel F. Thomas

Samuel F. Thomas

Good people Good company

ProsChart has been on an expansion track for year and seems well positioned for the future.

ConsManufacturing managers tend to micro manage instead of letting their qualified people do what they are best at. Get in the "Good Old Boys Club" you could have a job for life. If you don't like playing politics you may not like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the favoritism by management. Keep the best qualified.

Laid back environment with unclear expectations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo clocking in or out, good morale in general, good experience in manufacturing

Consunclear expectations of employees, most good websites blocked

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate expectations of employees more effectively

Great company to work for

Welder (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsConstantly changing to make it a great place to work. Very employee oriented. Really care about their employees and their safety. Trying to be socially responsible and eliminate waste and hazards. Likes to have fun give back to the community and give employees a balanced life. They really listen. I work in Tulsa but have met lots of employees in Chart and they are so nice.

ConsWe work in a plant environment that is open to the weather elements and dust but in the last two years it has greatly improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees and engaging them in decisions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Coop Student (Former Employee) Canton, GA (US)

ProsFlexible
    Growth Opportunities
    Great Management
    Networking
    Great HR Management

ConsI would say that Chart's only Con was the office space. Most are in tiny little cubies.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Love working here

Prosgreat people, good benifits, management is very approachable

Conscan't think about any "cons"

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

People who care being pulled down by slackers.

Weld Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has good equipment and talented, experienced engineers. The work is steady and in a growing field. Quality System is excellent. Good integration with local college to bring in welders.

ConsIn some areas, the union presence drags down the company's potential. Management does not understand how to deal with these people so those who care eventally ask, "why bother"?

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent in your approach with methods of change and hold supervisors accountable.

Great culture and environment in a fast growing company.

ProsYou are challenged in your position. The company has a solid strategic direction. Pay is market for the region/location. Great people. Strong leadership.

ConsThe company is broken out into three divisions and often times each business will act as a silo versus reaching out to understand how things are done across the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key to aligning employees and more communication is necessary.

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Canton, GA (US)

ProsIndustry leader and very profitable business practices. Very good pay. Rapidly growing with a lot of advancement opportunities. Really cares about its people and offers great benefits.
    This has been a great place to work. I have been given many opportunities to advance my career and so have many others. There is a real focus on employee development.

ConsSome challenges in dealing with the rapid growth. Need more good people to help with the expansion in LNG.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication on incentive plan status.

About as good as you are going to get.

Welder (Current Employee) La Crosse, WI (US)

ProsCompetitive...not great pay. Good benefits. Management is so-so. They really don't have much control over how much work someone does.

ConsPay is a little low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone busts his tail all night don't be on him about cleaning up 5 minutes early when "senior" co -workers don't do anything all night but make sure they "clean" up within 15 minutes of a shift change. Pretty Sad.

Good, established company who trreated their employees well

ProsManagement was caring and understanding, very flexible and down to earth. Great people to work for. installing new upgrades to building and network infrastructure

ConsClicques' among co-workers, outdated facility, some what of a good ol boy mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement team building activities

Worked for Chart Industries? Contribute to the Community!