Children's Creative Learning Centers

2.6

Thomas Pinnau

Sickening.

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers

Pros

The children, of course and, some very cool parents.

Cons

Absolutely the worst company that i have ever worked for. It was very clear that the company cared much more about marketing, advertisement and documentation than actually caring for the children. Therefore the teachers were expendable as well and, made to feel so.

do something else.

Experience was creative and challenging

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with children and working with a team coworkers whom major goal was to nurture and teach children

Cons

Balancing work and life separating home and work...knowing to leave work at work and home life at home.

Always know to leave home at home and work at work

Better before the buy-out.

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and salary. Ability to move up in the company.

Cons

The needs of the staff, the client, the families, children, and headquarters are many times in direct conflict. Too many cooks in the kitchen, power struggles and conformity since the buy out by Knowledge Universe. They bought brands and then made them basically all the same. If I wanted to work for KinderCare I would have. I chose CCLC because of their philosophy and reputation for creativity.

Allow your brands to operate independently of each other and offer a variety of learning styles and services. Offer more management training, and focus on building great management teams as opposed to plugging holes. You also need to adjust salaries and benefits to your employee market. CCLC and KU will never be competitive in the Bay Area with housing prices so high and wages so low in comparison to their education level desires. No one with a B.A. in The Bay can thrive or survive on $18/hr.

I'm Satisfied.

Current Employee - Head Teacher in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Head Teacher in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the teachers I work with are really nice, work hard, and love the kids. We get a reimbursement to pay for Child Development classes. CCLC is a little bit better than most centers I've been at. I've seen teachers get a promotion if they are good and have been here a long time. There is a child care discount too but I'm not sure if it would be enough to pay for CCLC. I would recommend people have their children here. Almost all of the teachers really care about doing a good job and are here for the right reason - the kids!

Cons

I get the feeling that having enough teachers is not important to CCLC. They make sure we have a big waitlist and are full with kids but not really when it comes to hiring teachers. Also preschool teachers don't get paid enough in general - not just CCLC's fault.

I love the kids and I like my job. CCLC is better than most preschools and that makes it better to work at. If I had one thing to say it's that I know full classrooms are important, but having enough teachers is important too and you could work harder on that even though you would make a little bit less money that way.

Adult teachers that act like children, teaching children.

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love that all the CCLC's are on a different pay scale. Apply for a few in the area and see which one gives you the best hourly salary. If you work at a higher paying CCLC, you get nice perks: spending money (within budget) on your classroom every month. You get bonuses once a year (sometimes) that makes up for the low pay that Early Educators get.

Cons

Teachers are more interested in socializing than caring for the children. Administration says there is always room to grow and climb up the ladder within the company. Yes, if the administration loves you. No, if they don't like you (it doesn't matter if you're an excellent teacher and you work harder than others at providing a quality school environment filled with enriching curriculum). Teachers sometimes can be disrespectful and unprofessional towards each other. Why do you think there is a high turnover rate here?

Stop gossiping (among yourselves) and trying to pry information (out of other teachers) to see how teachers are doing. You need to fire some teachers who are no good for the center. The center (building) was awesome, but the individuals who make up the center, needs a lot of work. Administration: I know you notice this but doesn't it bother you that teachers think it's a good idea to talk WHILE YOU are talking/teaching something?

Great Teachers, Good Pay, Terrible Management

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

The families are wonderful to work with, and expect only the best care and education for their children, which we provide. My fellow teachers all have the same commitment and work ethic as I do,and are kind and caring. The salary is above average, we have full benefits, including childcare for our own children, at a 50% discount. We are very well known in the community, and have very long waiting lists for each age group of children, which pretty much insures that there will not be any employee lay-offs in the near future.

Cons

Favoritism and retaliatory practices abound within the lower levels of management, which affects the morale of all of the teachers. When issues were voiced to the managements' superiors, the problems were basically "swept under the carpet", and the teacher's who brought the issues up, were either demoted or categorized as being, "stressed", and "maybe needed a position, elsewhere".

Visit different schools unannounced, so that lower management can be observed in their true light. Visit each classroom and ask teachers for their input, positive or negative. Observe how teachers interact with the children in the classroom setting, and have a "meet and greet" with the parents. Ask the parents for their thoughts and recommendations on their child's teacher.

Great program for families but not for employees.

Current Employee - Teacher in Stanford, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Teacher in Stanford, CA (US)

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They strive for high quality childcare and provide that to the families. We get to create meaningful relationships with families and coworkers.

Cons

There is a lot expected of us such as curriculum being completed by a certain day each week and prep work to be done but we are not provided with the support needed (such as time) to complete that work. Also, benefits are not good. And 5 days of sick/vacation are given a year. Not nearly enough when dealing with sick kiddos' germs on a daily basis!

Better benefits and more support would be great!

It was such a crazy environment

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Alexandria, VA (US)

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

kids were fun to work with

Cons

had no discipline kids ran the place

pay more than minimum wage....

group interview

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Pros

it was carefree and feel like we are having a conversation more than a militant interview
    the interview was fun

Cons

not much was explain about the company

employer need to get pay more. high turn over rate

Children's Creative Learning Centers Photos