Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

www.childrensmercy.org

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Reviews

Updated Jun 09, 2014
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics – Kansas City – “Front Entrance”

Randall L. O'Donnell

Excellent

Social Worker (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsFamily friendly. Encourage your pursuit of higher education or other career goals. Competitive salary. Positive work atmosphere. Great coworkers.

ConsDecreased allowance of job sharing which is discouraging for those who want to work part time.

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostreat employees very well generally

ConsManagement is not the most supportive.

Great benefits

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsNice group of people, everyone respects you. Probably the best benefits around town.

ConsBad policies during extreme weather. A really far and annoying parking shuttle since employee count is too large for parking capacities

Advice to Senior ManagementPay extra attention to anybody you grant leadership roles to. They don't always deserve it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsMagnet status, great employees, management listen to staff concerns

ConsThe only downfall is low salary

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay

It was a great experience where I learned a great deal.

ProsThe parts that I enjoyed about working for Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics were its Mission, goals, workplace culture, helping people, compensation, the people I worked with.

ConsThe parts that I did not enjoy about working for Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics were Some days there is a lot to do and others there is not, there has to be offsite parking (but the shuttles are typically very quick and efficient).

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp people transition more into medical terminology if they do not have a medical background

Excellent

Media Relations Intern (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsThe company culture was fantastic. We had lunch catered frequently, lots of bonding activities and easy accessibility to senior management. I really felt like my opinions mattered and, in fact, several of my ideas were put into action.

ConsThe only downside I can think of is that CMH requires an excess amount of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Working at CMH was an amazing experience.

Nursing student

ProsAtmosphere is extremely welcoming, opportunities for advancement

Consextremely competitive field to gain employment in

I love the dedication of the nursing staff at Children's Mercy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is multi-discipline, so everyone knows what's going on with the child; and, the communication is outstanding.

ConsYou are working with children and families. It can be a challenge to see the lack of interaction within the family.

The staff working here believe in the Children's Mercy Mission, upper management, the board of directors and CEO do not.

ProsGreat coworkers. PTO program is pretty good.

ConsThe CEO of this hospital made 6million dollars in 2011. He is the top paid CEO of any children's hospital. The staff working here do it for less pay than other hospitals in the region because if you want to work with kids, it's the place to be. We are told there is not room in the budget for more FTEs and not room in the budget for a cost of living adjustment. Upper management does not care about the employees. You will just be a number. It wasn't always this way. They will tell you to just be thankful that you have a job and that you can easily be replaced with a new grad. I would like to see what their patient satisfaction surveys would say if they only had inexperienced nurses.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate your beliefs. Remember why you started working here in the first place. Think of what Dr. Alice Berry Graham and Dr. Katharine Berry Richardson would think of Children's Mercy today.

Great Place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood co-workers that make work seem like fun.

ConsMany parts of the hospital are without windows and have only artificial light.

Worked for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics? Contribute to the Community!