Chubb Corp

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chubb Corp Chairman, President, and CEO John D. Finnegan

John D. Finnegan

Pros
  • The work life balance is very good and the compensation package is quite good (in 23 reviews)

• Good Benefits including health insurance , Decent Bonus (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Few opportunities for advancement unless you are in the "inner circle (in 8 reviews)

• Company promotes work life balance, but doesn't seem to readily give it (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

best time of my life, great company, great people and great place to work.

Underwriter Associate (Current Employee) Whitehouse, NJ (US)

Proscompany policies and good coverage

Consnone at all, there is nothing wrong. This was a great place to work.

Advice to Senior Managementpersonal growth possible

Great company who takes care of high performers

Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Pros-Flexible Work Scheduling (work from home, part-time employment, etc)
    -Great people and good culture
    -Managers that do care and help foster success
    -No micromanaging from what I've seen

Cons-Pay not as high as other carriers
    -Work/Life balance not what it should be, Chubb does truly get all that they can from their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reducing stock buybacks and invest in technology and expanding workforce so employees can provide better service to customers

Learned a lot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture, benefits, etc. Company really knows how to underwrite and it shows in their results. Premier insurance carrier which I was proud to work at. Felt challenged on a regular basis.

ConsPay is very average to below average. Few opportunities for advancement unless you are in the "inner circle.". Long term employess seem to have a sense of entitlement. Almost felt like i was underwriting in a box, no big picture concept.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Still debating

ProsIf you work in the right dept with a good boss and good people, you will be happy regardless if job position.

ConsCorporate politics is everywhere, hard to stay out of it. Company promotes work life balance, but doesn't seem to readily give it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more flexibility in the flexible work plans. So many good employees would stay if they could just work remote.

Chubb is an excellent place to work

ProsChubb is a great place to start your career. The company provides many learning opportunities and wants its employees to succeed. Management is very knowledgable and easy to access.

ConsThe only con is that compensation remains fairly average as compared to the rest of the industry. Chubb does attempt to make up for this shortcoming through profit sharing programs and year end bonuses.

Great reputation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery stable company, secure in its position within the industry

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement due to lack of growth of the business

Worst place ever.

Senior Underwriter I (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood Compensation and benefits. Underwriting Assistants actually do their jobs which is very helpful.

ConsManagement and Underwriting Model (PI)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of of the pricing index.

Restance is futile. You will be assimilated - or outsourced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros401K match and old fashioned pension plan.

ConsImpossible to avoid the Borg

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't underestimate human beings.

Would have been 5 stars but for a few major instances of micro management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAn old fashioned company (this might be a con to some), with excellent benefits and low turnover. Work-life balance is very good in most areas. Long-term employees are the majority here, creating a strong team bond and good personal relationships as well. Training opportunities are outstanding.

ConsSomewhat antiquated rules regarding business attire (suits & ties except for Fridays/summer!) and telecommuting.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the common elements (iow the same manager) in failed or over budget projects - micromanagement is rampant and definitely contributes to the loss of skilled middle managers.

Exceptional insurance carrier, great employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsOpen postings for opportunities, strong compensation.

ConsRelocation benefits have decreased making opportunities limited to local geography. Flattened organization does put stress on employees at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in young talent but find ways to reward the many experienced staff.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!