Cigna

Updated 15 August 2014

3.2

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani
David Cordani

Pros
  • Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management (in 54 reviews)

• You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority (in 17 reviews)

• terrible health benefits everything related to metrics plus a lot of cronyism (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

its best company in the world...

Current Employee - SQL Database Administrator  in  Hyderābād
    Current Employee - SQL Database Administrator in Hyderābād

Pros

more interested and joying nature of all of people..........

Cons

data base rebuild and logshipping and mirroring process

engineer

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

very good experience as a consultant

Cons

i do not see any cons for this

none

I am working for cigna client since last 5 yrs

Current Employee - SSE
    Current Employee - SSE

Pros

its good experience working such big client

Cons

didn't get chance to interact directly with cigna management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved the area I was in

Former Employee - QA Lead
    Former Employee - QA Lead

Pros

Very talented people. I had good flexibility in my position. I was a consultant and paid well...though not towards the end. Consultant rates are the lowest in the industry now. I loved my job and the people I worked with. It was the best job I ever had. I never would have left and wanted to become an employee until new manager came in.

Cons

Managers are not trained well. They are allowed to bully and harass employees and upper management and HR will not intervene. New manager that took over my department intimidated everyone. 18 people in 12 months left or were terminated...including offshore resources that asked for reassignment out of fear. Several employees and consultants were 'blacklisted' by one individual and HR has not been able to make the connection and deal with the REAL problem.

Pay attention to how your managers are treating people. Maybe the problem is the manager and not the staff. If you are seeing complete turnover of a dept and a manager that has nothing good to report about a single worker...maybe THEY are the problem. Stop sticking your heads in the sand and stop sweeping issues...like bullying...under the rug. Confront it and deal with it. It is only going to get worse the longer they get away with it. We find bullying intolerable in schools...why not in the corporate environment? This person single-handedly destroyed the reputation of MANY highly skilled workers...out of revenge and insecurity. They cannot get jobs at Cigna and though this person no longer holds a high level managerial position...she is still employed at Cigna and bullying her subordinates.

Awesome company to work for

Current Employee - Applications Development Specialist  in  Bloomfield, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Applications Development Specialist in Bloomfield, CT (US)

Pros

Becoming one of the most innovative health services company with a great direction. Not a stuffy environment at all.

Cons

While innovative, it can be difficult to advance certain innovative ideas but the environment is improving.

Good work life balance.

Pros

Fdp program is great way to climb the ladder quickly

Cons

Below market value salary by 10% post mba

solid place to work

Pros

decent perks and time off. people are very friendly and smart. Enjoy the work life balance

Cons

old world practices. can be retrictive when working on projects. slow moving and hard to change

drive change

Cigna

Current Employee - Client Manager
    Current Employee - Client Manager

Pros

Fair pay and lots of career advancement opportunities in the first two years I have worked for them. I really like most of the people I work with.

Cons

It's a huge company and with that, its easy to get lost in the shuffle and often simple internal tasks take much more effort than they should to complete.

Great place to start working, but gets old after a couple of years.

Current Employee - Underwriter  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Nashville, TN (US)

Pros

The office atmosphere is great. For the most part, everyone gets along and helps one another out when needed. Management is respectful of employees and your life outside of work. Fantastic training program and instructors. They prepare you well for your day-to-day responsibilities.

Cons

It takes awhile to get promoted, which upsets a few people. Also, the sales reps we work with aren't the most appealing people. Management can be tough to get ahold of and are sometimes wishy-washy about making decisions.

Promote quicker and make yourself more available to underwriters. Also, be willing to get more aggressive to sell business.

salary

Pros

the workplace had a good work environment

Cons

cigna offers low salaries to their employees

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!