Cigna

Cigna Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani

David Cordani

Pros
  • Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management (in 54 reviews)

• You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority (in 17 reviews)

• terrible health benefits everything related to metrics plus a lot of cronyism (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

engineer

Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosvery good experience as a consultant

Consi do not see any cons for this

Advice to Senior Managementnone

I am working for cigna client since last 5 yrs

SSE (Current Employee)

Prosits good experience working such big client

Consdidn't get chance to interact directly with cigna management

Variety and Opportunity

ProsGreat mission statement, it feels good working for a company that treats it's customer right. The pay and benefits are average, but adequate. The company is really becoming a global operation, versus just US based, and it's an exciting time to be here.

ConsThe company truly believes in work life balance, but with fiscal tightening, productivity has to come from somewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementA happy workforce means happy customers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved the area I was in

QA Lead (Former Employee)

ProsVery talented people. I had good flexibility in my position. I was a consultant and paid well...though not towards the end. Consultant rates are the lowest in the industry now. I loved my job and the people I worked with. It was the best job I ever had. I never would have left and wanted to become an employee until new manager came in.

ConsManagers are not trained well. They are allowed to bully and harass employees and upper management and HR will not intervene. New manager that took over my department intimidated everyone. 18 people in 12 months left or were terminated...including offshore resources that asked for reassignment out of fear. Several employees and consultants were 'blacklisted' by one individual and HR has not been able to make the connection and deal with the REAL problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to how your managers are treating people. Maybe the problem is the manager and not the staff. If you are seeing complete turnover of a dept and a manager that has nothing good to report about a single worker...maybe THEY are the problem. Stop sticking your heads in the sand and stop sweeping issues...like bullying...under the rug. Confront it and deal with it. It is only going to get worse the longer they get away with it. We find bullying intolerable in schools...why not in the corporate environment? This person single-handedly destroyed the reputation of MANY highly skilled workers...out of revenge and insecurity. They cannot get jobs at Cigna and though this person no longer holds a high level managerial position...she is still employed at Cigna and bullying her subordinates.

Great place to start working, but gets old after a couple of years.

Underwriter (Current Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsThe office atmosphere is great. For the most part, everyone gets along and helps one another out when needed. Management is respectful of employees and your life outside of work. Fantastic training program and instructors. They prepare you well for your day-to-day responsibilities.

ConsIt takes awhile to get promoted, which upsets a few people. Also, the sales reps we work with aren't the most appealing people. Management can be tough to get ahold of and are sometimes wishy-washy about making decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote quicker and make yourself more available to underwriters. Also, be willing to get more aggressive to sell business.

Rewarding.

Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsCustomer focused, true professionals, great compensation.

ConsExhausting. No personal life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

good

Prosleadership programs work from home

Conslimited potential to grow lack of office culture

Long term fine experience

Applications Development Senior Specialist (Former Employee) Windsor, CT (US)

ProsEnjoyed the many assignments I had. training was above average. Multiple opportunities available for advancement or even just for lateral moves for change.

ConsLarge bureaucracy. Often change is slow moving. Sense of ownership seems to be lacking.

Great opportunity and people!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging and exciting work. Great co workers.

ConsNo cons as I enjoyed the experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Frustrated by ongoing patchwork repairs that never fixed underlying root problems.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsLarge company able to continue operations through business cycles that are typical in the insurance business.

ConsDivision-level management rotated through leadership positions in areas outside their realm of expertise. Infrastructure layered and difficult to work with and to maintain. Growth opportunities limited by pigeon-holing people in maintenance roles for ancient systems that exist after suspended efforts to replace them.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix things, stop patching them.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!