Cintas Reviews

Updated 28 August 2014

3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Great if you are not salary

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cintas offered benefits are great, they maybe the best that I have ever had, The location and commute is a plus.

Cons

If you are salary expect to work 60 + without being compensated

Take care of you salary employees like you do upper management and your hourly

Good experience

Former Employee - Fire Extinguisher Service Technician  in  Anaheim, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Fire Extinguisher Service Technician in Anaheim, CA (US)

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good training, good supervisors and management

Cons

low pay and and benefits

Great benefits, management support

Current Employee - Cdl A Driver
    Current Employee - Cdl A Driver

I have been working at Cintas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cintas has very good benefits, so far I have experienced good support from management. If I see something is not working out I suggest a solution and so far they have worked on it. Room for advancement, they have a lot of opportunities but you really have to earn them, you have to work your tail off but your hard work will pay off. Promotions are based on how hard you work and not how long you have been working here. So for the hard working individuals this is a rewarding career.

Cons

Pay could be a little better. You will work with lazy people who complain and won't do what they are supposed to do because the job is hard. Long hours, hard back breaking work, not meant for work-shy individuals. Old trucks that break down a lot.

Consider replacing all the old vehicles that break down nearly every week, it will pay off right away considering newer trucks have better gas mileage and less money will be spent on parts and repairs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cintas Valencia is the best

Current Employee - Partner  in  Valencia, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Partner in Valencia, CA (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management staff really do look out for you. My first week my manager gave me his 2 year plan for my career into management. Amazing company. Anna is the best HR manager I have ever met, she is super knowledgeable and always has time for you.

Cons

No cons as of now. Warehouse gets a little hot a few solar panels on the roof and the could A/C the place a little better.

Keep up the good work.

good

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

good pay, good people and its a career

Cons

hard working conditions but its all worth it at the end

Strong Company

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Cintas for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training, great culture. Company is focused on developing leaders and has figured out how to do it. Great place to work if you're looking to grow your career

Cons

Tough work-life balance in certain roles. Sales organization is demanding and requires high activity but most reps and managers are well compensated for their efforts. Highly respected company.

Very good company overall with a few miniscule problems.

Current Employee - Scholar
    Current Employee - Scholar

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best reason to work here is the people that you work with. Cintas will only hire people that fall into their corporate culture and that makes it a good place to work.

Cons

I believe the front line partners are a little underpaid for the amount of work and hours they do. However, management is good about doing Partner Appreciation events and making the work environment a good one.

I would compensate the people that are doing your day-to-day operations more. They are the real reason for the company's successes and work very hard.

good treatment

Current Employee - Production Worker  in  Boucherville, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Boucherville, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefit , good assurance and good envronnement

Cons

I have nothing to say

Can Be Rewarding, But It Will Be Earned

Former Employee - Service Supervisor  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits. SSR pay is good depending on the location and the route you may get. Internal promotion is usually considered first, but from here on out better make sure you have a college education or you won't get past the supervisor level. Strong company, no fear of outsourcing here. Good return on 401K profit sharing.

Cons

The hours, especially in management are extremely difficult. No work life balance. Company agendas always change and so do the bonus structures all the way down to the SSR level which can be extremely frustrating. Communication from Corporate and throughout the location level is extremely poor. Expectations are set unreasonably high and management partners are given sometimes 2 or more full time jobs but expected to perform flawlessly. Corporate management is extremely out of touch with location realities and the location GM's know this and consistently hide behind false promises and half truths to appease the higher ups. Engagement and ESP visits are more of a witch hunt than actually trying to help locations or improve employee moral.

Consider being honest with each other throughout the entire company from top to the bottom. Stop telling people within management how good they are paid and actually pay them good with more reasonable hours and expectations. Be more loyal to the people who made you into the company you are.

Not what is outlined

Current Employee - SSR
    Current Employee - SSR

I have been working at Cintas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Insurance, and the work week is sweet!

Cons

No real holidays off, they all have to be made up. You make more as a trainee or skipper

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!