Cintas

Updated 21 November 2014
3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 41 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Mgrs are expected to work very long hours with very little overhead support (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally is key

Current Employee - SSR in Greenville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - SSR in Greenville, NC (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

True work-life balance with a 4 day work week, 2 weeks paid vacation, and the best benefit package in comparison to other companies. GREAT local management team! GREAT customers that you form relationships with!

Cons

Having to endure constant griping by coworkers

As with every job out there, much of your job satisfaction comes down to the people you work beside and your local management team. From that angle, my management team has changed tremendously; and THAT has made all the difference. Having the ability to communicate EFFECTIVELY with anyone requires trust and a sense of teamwork. The management team at my location allows me to do my job on a day to day basis without micromanaging every decision I make. In the last 18 months, my job performance has improved dramatically because of that level of communication and trust. I won't hide it! I love these guys!
        As an SSR, that level of trusted communication also translates to my customers. Over 8 years with Cintas, I have come to develop great, positive, and rewarding relationships with my customers. My customers are always aware of the fact that when they sign an agreement with "Cintas", they really sign an agreement with ME! They know that if any issues come up regarding their account, I will handle it. This is sometimes a challenging and daunting process given that there are days that I feel like a fireman putting out multiple issues every day. That being said, I love my customers.
         My attitude towards this company has turned around over the years....towards the better!

Cintas Employment

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are so many opportunities to move into new positions. Cintas is great at compensating employees on their performance.

Cons

Large company so issues at the local level can be over looked.

Enjoyed working for Cintas.

I'm not a loader/Un-loader but I currently know what the pay is as I am an SSR. For the San Francisco location

Current Employee - SSR in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - SSR in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Weekends off. Great people that work with you. Frequent barbecues. Hours are from 2p-10p with some overtime. Chance of advancement

Cons

You deal with nasty product. Must be Physically fit. Must be a strong person with a good stomach. Sweating will happen every day.

Great company, great benefits, and great culture!

Current Employee - SSR in Rockford, IL (US)
    Current Employee - SSR in Rockford, IL (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

The best local GM in our group! 4 day work week. Good benefits......medical, dental, vision. etc. Always looking to promote within (if you want and do a good job), managers will help you get to where you want to go. Job security. Superb corporate culture; very few companies have humble, professional and ethical higher ranking officials like Cintas. Bonus potentials with performance incentives. Great local partners (Employees).

Cons

Lack of communication of local management (everything is always a surprise). Manual labor mixed with professional is physically and mentally draining. Long work hours very little work life balance.

More communication to employees and treat employees with the same competitive urgency as you do your customers meaning.....its bad when you loose a customer and is bad when you loose an employee!

Great supporting company.

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Company vehicle, gas card, uniforms.

Cons

Remote, little support when working Maine, or New Hampshire areas.

Check in with new employees make sure every few months for the first year that they are getting the right support for the company to succeed!

Document management SR

Former Employee - Service Representative II in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Service Representative II in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in my hours, route. I was given freedom in handling my own customers/route

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest, but the benefits make up for some of that

Don't dictate every decision from the corporate level all the way down, let the GMs handle their own facilities

Hiring Process

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Very detailed and they make sure you really answer the questions.

Cons

Sometimes refuse to admit to mistakes

Hire people who are most qualified, not who you like the most

Contras

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and friendly people

Cons

Company politics... Large size of company

Sales Service Consultant

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Deerfield Beach, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Deerfield Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

Company has a great objective: We will exceed our customers expectation to maximize the long term value of Cintas for its shareholders and working partners!

Cons

Not too many cons as I am only five months into this positions. Some working partners not pulling their own weight, but with the position being a part commission position, they are only hurting themselves and potentially helping others who are willing to pick up the accounts that the other cannot get to.

New location management is learning on the go. There is a small disconnect because of that newness...but seems to be smoothing out. Look within before out for management positions.

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Facility Services Sales Representative in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Motivated staff, great benefits, room to move up

Cons

Not a lot of direction from upper management, kind of on your own!

Better support systems for sales reps