Cintas Reviews

Updated 31 October 2014
3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 41 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Mgrs are expected to work very long hours with very little overhead support (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Image Consultant

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

I worked in outside sales and the training was very thorough and I always had a ton of internal support. It was a great place for advancement and the leadership team was phenomenal. The pay was great as well. You really get what you put in and it can be very rewarding.

Cons

It is a very corporate work environment with strict guidelines

Strong compensation plans-many many hats

Current Employee - Territory Account Representative in Mason, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Territory Account Representative in Mason, OH (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Cintas for 4 years now and the company has been very good to me. They pay very well and the friendy atmosphere is second to none. They offer paid time off, 401K, dental, vision and health insurance. They are all about their "partners" and making sure they are healthy and happy. They go above and beyond to offer benefits to their employees to improve their overall health and wellness, including free annual blood and health screenings. They also offer partner perks such as discounts at hundreds of retailers, vehicle discount programs, travel discounts and more. Definitely a great company to work for.

Cons

They expect employees to wear many many hats daily. The workload is almost always overwhelming and daunting. The unspoken expectation is that you'll be married to your job and live and breathe Cintas. In most cases the company promotes from within and strong managers help you 'climb the ladder' to success and career progression. However, there are still managers that would rather hold you back for their own personal benefit. Technology is so far behind. This makes simple daily tasks ten times harder than they should be, which in turn causes them to lack in efficiency.

As great as the focus on employee health and wellness is, it would be much more beneficial to have the proper, up-to-date tools to get the job done and help alleviate some of the daily stresses that lead to the health issues. Focus on process efficiency more-for every department. Creating more efficient processes leads to more revenues, happier employees and happier customers. Make sure ALL of your managers are focused on helping employees progress rather than holding them back because it's too difficult a process to replace them. Lastly, some of the most important departments are understaffed, identify those departments and provide sufficient staffing. We all rely heavily on our fellow partners and it takes an army to get things done, so help us by providing a sufficient army for the job.

Great company culture!

Former Employee - Service Manager in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were awesome.
    Training was top notch and extensive.
    The job was cut and dry. If you are a people person and good at sales, you will do well.
    Looks great on the resume.

Cons

No cons that I can think of, except there were days where hours could be long. Definitely not a 9-5 job, more like 50-55 hours/week.

Great job

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Cintas

Pros

Good pay, great team all good

Cons

Long hours nothing else to say

Stay awesome

Awesome

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, awesome partners, vested heavily in training, good benefits,caring management

Cons

TOO MUCH TRAINING - cant don your job!

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Facility Services Sales Representative in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Motivated staff, great benefits, room to move up

Cons

Not a lot of direction from upper management, kind of on your own!

Better support systems for sales reps

Good company, no slackers

Current Employee - Facility Services Representative in Kennesaw, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Facility Services Representative in Kennesaw, GA (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company will treat you well and compensate you for a job well done. Good name in the industry. Service that customers do need and see value in. If you have a great boss, the job will be fun.

Cons

Job is designed to burn you out with small territories and it being a one-time sale with one commission and no residue or repeat business opportunity.

It was probably the best opportunity for a college student to see if they want to work in B2B Sales.

Current Employee - Sales Scholar
    Current Employee - Sales Scholar

I have been working at Cintas as an intern

Pros

-Cintas is a 100% awesome company and has one of the BEST cultures at all levels
    -The communication skills at every level is phenominal
    -I really liked how they allowed me as a student to manage my own territory. It was tough but it really allowed me to see what sales ACTUALLY is.
    -They put a lot of trust in their interns by going out and by letting us representing company which I thought was GREAT!
    - Have expense account as a student
    - Got to go on a FREE TRIP and meet VPs, President, and the CEO of a $5 billion company
    - Team outtings

Cons

I want to mak a disclaimer to all college students looking at this review. Theses are VERY minor cons but I wanted to be real.

- Not as much training as I would of liked
    - If your not willing to work hard (Don't apply)
    - Early mornings (Not required)
    - Only have a month of actual selling so if you can't figure out sales process - it can be frustrating

Overall, Cintas is a very leadership based company. I found my experience to be GREAT. My manager and I did not always see eye to eye on everything BUT he was always there to help. He would do anything to help me with work or outside of work. I can't really say managment did anything wrong but maybe a littlebit more in field training.

4.5 out of 5 Stars about says it all

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are generally a cut above the average and there is great support and corporate culture for those who fit the bill (and many do not want to) but the incentives are there for those who work (I doubled my income the day Cintas took over our old company).

Cons

not everyone fits the bill & not everyone wants to enough to enjoy the perks of being #1.

Respect and better retain your top producing talent

Strong stable company to work for

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Nash, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Nash, TN (US)

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good corporate training facilities and travel opportunities

Cons

There are some unrealistic production expectations to meet