CipherCloud

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Pravin Kothari

Great Technology, Good Culture and lot of opportunities

Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGreat technology ... you get lot of opportunities to learn and implement the things which you didn't learnt the technology implementations in the past experience.

ConsProcess needs to be improved as it is a start up company. Any product should go 5 years of product life cycle to become a very good product in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to concentrate on the stabilization of the product ...that's where all the improvements comes with money from the customers.

Great culture; fun and smart co-workers; exciting career growth

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsI have been working at Ciphercloud since 8 months and it is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated. The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization.Many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements. Ciphercloud is fast paced and growing company which great to start off to your career! Management is there for you every step of the way in coaching and helping you with anything you need. Talking/managing clients everyday is the best part of the job. There is a lot of freedom, flexible and ways to show improvement and your skills..

ConsWorkload could be overwhelming some times but manageable, apart from that there is nothing much to say on Cons..

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice to senior management

More of like this company is like a school

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Pros--innovative product (Ciphercloud gateway).
    --Good compensation.

Cons--Entire company depends on sales force application,many of the products going to be deprecated because of bad planning.
    --Have to work for 10-12 hours daily.
    --No work and life balance.its more of like school.they need work updates every hour.
    --positive reviews will come only from HR team.
    --forcibly asking employees to remove profile from job portals
    --No own finance team
    --yearly 15 leaves/including sick leaves
    --Many Good employees are leaving the comp due to bad policies.

Advice to Senior Management--Dont play with Employees career,health.please think about there career growth and health.
    --Dont force them to work on week ends for freely.
    --Give employees to freedom to do there work .
    --Dont write good reviews by your own on glassdoor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR Team tampering with Glassdoor reviews

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsThey give you salary. That's the only plus point/

ConsEverything. HR team writes reviews every time the glassdoor reviews goes down. Managers are clueless about what they want and there are many projects that got scratched down because of that.

They have no concept of work-life balance. They monitor your naukri activities. Leaving at 7 PM is considered as leaving early. I have to work in odd hours for many days continuously. Management doesn't care about the health of the employees. Appraisal rating is based on the number of hours you work in the office. Join at your own risk. Sigh.. I am still in office.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe ethical and learn how to be professional.

For time being its good. Not for long term

Senior Software Engineer QA (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsYou will get a chance to learn new cloud applications

Cons1. No proper management
    2. Lot of discrimination
    3. Favoritism
    4. No fair appraisals
    5. Work on Weekends without pay
    6. No cab facility
    7. Worst finance department

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on above Cons!!

Good technology company

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGreat technology and can learn a lot. Can work with some good architects and engineers. Many interesting projects and can work on new development of features not only maintenance.

ConsImmature and unprofessional gm and management and lots of politics. too much instructions and micro management from team lead, manager and gm. project planning is bad and one person has to do 5 people work.

Advice to Senior Managementneed more better planning ,
    management need to talk with respect to engineers, give and take respect.
    give more opportunities to engineers to discuss and plan the design before writing code.

100% Desi company to work (need to work 10 to 14 hrs a day)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Pros-Product and technology is excellent

ConsMutiple reporting hierarchy - provide the same status to the following people.
    -QA Director at US
    -Sr QA Manager at hyd
    -Director
    -VP of the comp
    -Product Owner
    -Product Manager
    -Dev Lead
    No work life balance
    Forget week-ends, family occasions, parent teacher meetings.
    encourages politics
    No HR policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees and Stop shouting

Great QA Team, many exciting opportunities

Senior Software Engineer QA (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsSr Director came from US office and it was a great week. We had lots of meetings to discuss all the QA activities, automation work, releases. We also had time to talk about all the things we can do better and also improve some difficult situations. We have full support from management and it is good. All the people in my team are very helpful. There is lot of new technology to learn and many opportunities.

ConsIt is very busy always and I have to manage my home, family and work, sometimes also have to work on saturdays.

Excellent Career Path

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsVery innovative Product concept. Professional and motivating atmosphere. Provides opportunity to innovate & experiment. Flexible work culture. Exciting atmosphere, where in we can explore different things and a good opportunity to work on different things. Leads and manager are very supportive and encourage us to do Research and Development work. Excellent training programs in Cloud Security. A very involved HR Team. Timely appreciation of work by the Senior Management. Free flow of communication between the management and the employees. Excellent Pay package and benefits for the employee and their dependents. Very good Performance management system, high performers are given very good hikes more than the industry average.

ConsWe need aggressive marketing and branding in the domestic market. Need to promote the product in the domestic market. We should attend more conferences and technology events locally. Company should also sponsor technology events in the campus.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the culture of innovation with focus in the niche area of Cloud Security.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

No work/life balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsProduct and idea is good. Things to learn are more, Salary structure is better than other companies

ConsNo Knowledge Sharing, Micro Management, No proper recognition of work, Even your manager will be willing to taking the credit of the good work you do & will put the blame on you if things go wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct Maturely

CipherCloud Manager-HR responded to this review

Mar 10, 2014

CipherCloud provides its employees with opportunities to learn new methods, procedures, and techniques. It fosters a culture of research and development. We have a robust monthly reward and ... More

Worked for CipherCloud? Contribute to the Community!