Citizens Financial Group

Citizens Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun

Bruce Van Saun

Pros
  • Work life balance is rarely an issue only if the branch's QTD sales numbers are met(in 25 reviews)

• Good Benefits and a changing work environment that's friendly to employees to attract talent(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • They don't understand that there are sales goals and that it is a sales position(in 25 reviews)

• The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on(in 12 reviews)

Citizens is a great workplace when everyone work together as a team.

Senior Operations Clerk (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsGreat learning opportunities and room to grow, as long as you are in good standing you are allowed to transfer to different branches and departments.

ConsThe pay was ok but if the company is "not able to give raises" than you miss out on a year of pay increase. At the same time you read about the company purchasing ballparks and sponsoring different events where money is involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the department I worked in there was no mandatory or yearly management training given to managers. This would have been a great way to refresh the managers managing styles for those who have been there for many years. It was difficult at times dealing with managers that weren’t professional.

Could be fun if you like sales

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Middletown, CT (US)

ProsThe staff (not the BM) at the branch I worked at was great

ConsLiking your job depends on your manager. The ABM was awesome, the BM was the WORST.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your staff!

Overall a good company to work for.

ProsThe training is decent, the hourly wage isn't bad and the hours aren't terrible.

ConsLots of changes in the company. Employee appreciation doesn't exist. Company is all about the bottom line. Management makes promises they don't keep and make arrangements for employees without consulting them or involving them in the process. Big lack in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more. Communicate with them. Include them in decsions regarding their job, hours, location, etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, flexible hours, loved working with the customers, I was a floater and loved visiting each branch and getting to work with other employees and meeting new customers

Consthe goals are challenging, the bank needs to stick to one incentive plan not keep changing it

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should learn and respect ALL aspects of their branch and know the position before trying to coach someone

Good

ProsI think it is a really interesting time to be apart of Citizens. the company is preparing for its initial IPO and separation from RBS.

ConsIt is still figuring out how to be the most efficient it can be and getting certain system in place as it separates from RBS.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Warwick, RI (US)

ProsThe group I worked with were great and always willing to help.

ConsContinuos reorganization and projects ending before completing

review

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

Prosthe ability to earn bonuses

Conshours, work-life balance, level of respect, senior management, growth and development

Hope you like useless paperwork

Assistant Branch Manager - Instore (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

Prostime off.. if you are staffed. There are some great people who work in the branches/trenches and I have made some life long friends.

Consuseless paperwork, redundancies and culture of cheaters getting promoted. The more smoke you blow, the higher you rise,

Advice to Senior Managementtake a look at the big picture, stop scrounging for crumbs

4 years for a meh experience

Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee)

ProsWorked with decent people, goals weren't hard

ConsBad management, poor sense of direction, frequent strategy changes, no follow through on promises, bad hours.

Challenging

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsThey provide a challenging work atmosphere with plenty of opportunities for growth. Work life balance is well respected and most managers are supportive of colleagues needs.

ConsSome managers concentrate development of colleagues on newer recruits and lose focus on more experienced employees. Once the newer recruits obtain a certain title, they are off to new jobs and the process repeats.

Advice to Senior ManagementYoke the strength of seasoned colleagues.

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!