Claire's Stores

Be The First To
Add Photos

Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding

James D. Fielding

Pros
  • Awesome employee discount- although it made spending money within the store easy (in 35 reviews)

• Will hire you as a keyholder as long as you have previous retail experience, 50% discount on everything (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • district manager doesn't care about individuals, just how we make her look (in 30 reviews)

• Too much tasking without the help of a staff because you are usually working alone (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work if you don't mind the kids

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey promote within and is often encouraged if performance is consistent.
    Great potential for Bonus during Christmas season. Employee discount is half off almost everything except piercing.

ConsDifficult to maintain school and work schedule if in management. 80 percent of the time, work schedule is priority over requests again if in management. Sales associates have more flexbility in their schedule but is dependent on the black out periods. Unrealistic deadlines are set for Plano grams in high volume stores over and over again.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonthly training or seminars would be great for managers to maintain company image.

Not a flexible Company to Work with

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsEasy work/task, little supervision, don't have to work off of comission

ConsWorking every single weekend fri & sat, no exceptions, little pay, little room for growth

They Expect A lot for Very Little

ProsWorking with great people
    Great discount
    Easy dress code

ConsWorking alone frequently
    Piercing ears (no extra pay and you have to juggle other tasks during piercing)
    Management is very involved (there are pm visits and the DM often emails expecting response and sometimes use of texts to interact)
    No breaks (good luck if you are a human being who occasionally eats or pees)
    Monthly planogram changes/markdowns/ect
    Busy work
    Customers/normal retail gripes

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect so much from us. Let us have five minutes of downtime! Also, let us have some incentive for piercing...like putting out a tip jar or even giving us an additional discount on top of our employee discount. ANYTHING
    Also, if you combined icing and claires you could keep the same staff, save on retail space costs, and not have us on single coverage so often/have lower shrink
    Just my opinion...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for a first time job

Sales Associate (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsThis is a wonderful first job to have. You learn a lot about customer service and how to keep a store organized. They have one of the best employee discounts I've ever heard off which was 50% off at the time. There is no such thing as training. They just showed me a video while I sat on the floor and then they just showed me how to work the register and that was it.

ConsThere are no benefits, at least for sales associates there aren't. There is a lot of work to do and you have to keep moving even when there is no one in the store. There is always something to do. The pay is not great at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your sales associates more. They're the ones that do all the work.

Optical Illusion

Third Key Holder (Former Employee)

ProsDiscount.. can honestly say that is all.

ConsManagement is subpar.. told to bend over backwards for a subpar store and little to no benefits. Expected to exceed daily goals with little to no traffic in and out of mall.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to current employees and take note of heavy theft.

Awesome customers,poor working conditions

Store Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros50% discount!fun customers, personal days

ConsPayroll,shrink,not enough coverage, too much paperwork

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the field, treat all stores equal when it comes to new merchandise

Good company, terribly DM

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI became a SM in a MD store. Very fun job if you jewelry. Lots of fun things to do. Good people, if you find them. Really not a bad place if your looking for something to do, there is always something to do.

ConsThe district manager does anything she want and if it's not her way she turns I to a child and get mad. She picks favorites, and is completely oblivious to things they are doing because they are her favorite stores. Also she thinks it's ok to cuss (yes F word and everything) you out if you don't do what SHE wants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop favoring someone who clearly isn't doing their job.

Interesting Job.... some pros but many cons

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Nashua, NH (US)

ProsAwesome employee discount- although it made spending money within the store easy.

ConsEar-piercing babies was awful... The management used fear rather than reward. Minimum wage job with inflexible hours as well as not enough hours. Another downside is having to work during holidays- especially Christmas, long hours on the days leading up to Christmas- until 11pm some nights and all shifts you stay standing the whole time.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Typical Retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe work environment was fun at times. The employee discount was great, 50% off! We also received an end of the year bonus.

ConsManagement was horrible. Ear piercing babies is soul-crushing. The pay was minimum wage. The hours were sparse and all over the place. Inventory...

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with a shred of decency... Being condescending is not appreciated nor is it helpful.

No opportunities

ProsNice people, nice enviroment, good SMT

ConsNo training, no career prospects

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!