Clayton Homes Reviews

Updated 12 April 2015
75 reviews filtered by

1. Solid Company

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefit programs with insurance, 401K, etc.

Cons

Little local help from the national or regional offices

Advice to Management

Increase sales and manager pay and recruit better abled personnel.

2. Clayton Homes

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Forward thinking company that listens to employe uggestions

Cons

Wages are low when compared to amount of labor produced

3. I have been able to earn a nice income with a family oriented company

Current Employee - Home Consultant in Morgantown, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Home Consultant in Morgantown, WV (US)

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company and manager are very family oriented and therefor flexible with scheduling when a family emergency or event comes up. Pay structure is nice, salary plus commission. They are closed major Holidays which shows they care about their employees.

Cons

Still retail and sometimes includes working longer hours and some holidays. A lot of time and work invested before you see commission on a sale.

5. Calling for Interview

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

Lots of open positions lots of people and opportunity.

Cons

Started as a temp working customer service..very unfriendly staff. Do NOT work temp here. I then asked them if there is a high turnover because I know they lose everyone and they said..no just apply. I applied and they said that I had possible negativity. Is negativity asking why they have so much turnover in order to save myself a job when im looking for a career opportunity? i just wanted to work for the right company. I can't believe HR told me this when i worked for them. I am the most positive person on earth. Wrong judgement. I would never work for you if you hired me right now despite my previous interview process. HR, you are the reason that the company is negative. You can't tell someone that. Create the atmosphere you want. YOUR Loss. I'm a college graduate , top of my class, and worked in customer service for a very long time. Everyone knows im a positive person. It's not my fault you are horribly managed--and I'm taking the blame for that. Ive never had someone say that to me ever and I'm so insulted.

Advice to Management

HR needs to stop being dramatic. If you want hard workers higher them. People are going to ask you about your reputation and if you are not going to hire someone because they are curious about working there, then it's too bad you have a worse reputation than you had before. I don't have anything to prove, my credentials speak enough. Where as you do. Prove to me that you are worth working for, or I go.I can't believe that's how you operate. You all need some positive HR people because i will never EVER recommend this to a friend and I HAVE gotten interviews and turned them down because my recommendation got let go the same day. Who would want to work for such people? Not me. Good luck finding a college graduate like me who is very skilled, professional, positive, and a go getter.

6. good company

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Clayton is a professional company with a real desire to do the right thing. They are intentional about training new hires and want them to succeed their way. Company is a Warren Buffet company

Cons

The challenge is the continual pressure to produce sales and profits. There is really not anything that can be down as this is a sales organization. Just understand you have to work!

Advice to Management

Understand that sometimes things don't go according to plans.

7. Overall a pretty good company to work for although they need to focus more on their employees

Current Employee - Home Consultant in Paducah, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Home Consultant in Paducah, KY (US)

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A reasonably relaxed work environment for a sales job. There are several perks beyond strict $$ compensation. Over all they tend to promote a culture of family and success. You are selling a product that truly is top notch and the company always puts customers first ALWAYS.

Cons

Hours don't match what is typical for the industry (as they are much longer), although they preach family being important its hard to take time off, compensation is extremely low when compared to the independents in this industry.

8. When I was working for Tru mh I didn't feel like I had a team

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

The hours are ok and pay is ok

Cons

Not enough people to keep up with produ

Advice to Management

Hire new supervisors because the ones they have had for a couple of years..they don't work heck they don't even get there hands dirty

9. ok to work for but no holidays

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

benfits RE VERY GOOD COMPARED TO OTHERS

Cons

hours no holidays OR WEEKENDS OFF

Since I started with Clayton, it has gone continually down hill. Would not recommend!

Current Employee - Housing Consultant
    Current Employee - Housing Consultant

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement as General managers are quitting everyday, even from profitable stores

Cons

New financial regulations have made it difficult fro people to buy. 20% down, 12% interest rates, bad terms and conditions. Bad reputation for supporting managers that were crooks, if they were giving a bottom line to the company.

Advice to Management

Get REAL! You have totally lost touch with what is going on at the MHC level.

11. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible benefits - Insurance for my family was cheap, had a matching 401K, etc. The culture is positive as the company truly wants what's best for all (customer, employee, etc.)

Cons

Working every Saturday. We never had a scheduled Saturday off. This varies store to store so in some cases it will be no problem. If the manager would give one Saturday out of four off, I think it would help.

Advice to Management

Love the company...keep up the good work.

Clayton Homes Photos

Linde Forklifts are the BEST!

+ Add Photo