Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

An Intern's View

Intern (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsI enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close.

ConsThe company is very large and you can get lost in the shuffle if you don't prepare.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try to listen to more people and have better organization.

Learned a lot while selling my soul

Producer (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsAs a producer for 3 local news-talk programs for WRVA, I learned my way around a board, how to edit and finalize audio in less than 15 seconds, and I developed an on-air personality through my interactions with the hosts. That helped me to land a gig DJing for the local indie radio station, WRIR which I love.

ConsClear Channel is an utterly evil corporation owned by the Romney family with it's tendrils sucking the life out of low-paid college students across the country. I slaved away with no hope of a raise, worked insane hours, and had to put up with affronting and insulting political opinions that often targeted me. It was not a happy place for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to offer raises to those who deserve it, stand up for your employees.

Great Atmosphere, Terrible Upper Management

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEnvironment is best in the industry, friendly colleagues and managers always willing to help each other. No traditional cutthroat sales tactics here.

ConsCompany finances are poor. $21billion in debt, more cuts coming. Stay away for now if you are looking for something long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaid off a ton of people with no notice. Company spend a lot of money in the wrong places, and the employees pay the price.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clear Channel was a good company to work for

Radio Personality (Former Employee) Columbus, GA (US)

ProsFun radio experience, people were great

ConsPay was not good. When asked for a raise they basically laughed in my face

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your good people a little bit better....Every little bit counts it at least lets them know that you really do care.

Great!

Promotions Intern (Current Employee) Rockville, MD (US)

ProsGreat environment, good staff, good job, fun place to work, laid back

ConsNothing bad to say- very good place to work

In my 3rd year with Clear Channel

Producer/Traffic Anchor (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsGreat Experience as I keep moving up the ladder

ConsPay, not so great, but great experience

Advice to Senior ManagementMake those dedicated employees happy.

Great Experience!

Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThis is a forward thinking, dynamic, and progressive organization! I met professional and polished associates during my time of consideration. They are sharp and on the cutting edge of this industry.

ConsAsk lots of questions! You can never learn enough in the interview process. Come prepared. A lot of the executives will be limited on time -make the most of it!

Up and Down depending on local management

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsNew products, lots of variety of products, large company research assets.fun people

ConsSelf insured, too many sellers, lack of support staff,inexperienced management, use you then loose you mentality, lacks technical infrastructure and no budgets to fix.lots of ideas but no follow through, and negative annual commission changes.

Account Exec

Prosgood assets and strong stations

Conscommission structure, local vs national competition

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

It's a horrible hell hole stay away!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsYou're employed. That's about it.

ConsThe management sucks and the culture reflects that

Advice to Senior ManagementGet all new management. All of them are shady self centered bigots who will sell their souls and yours for the right price

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!