Coldwell Banker

Updated 23 October 2014
3.9

Coldwell Banker President and Chief Executive Officer Budge Huskey
Budge Huskey

Pros
  • Name recognition, a good starting point (in 14 reviews)

• Formal training program on the in's and out's of real estate a good knowledge basis (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission split is low compared to other brokerages (in 19 reviews)

• Unpaid, no benefits and you pay for your own advertising resources (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

love it

I have been working at Coldwell Banker full-time

Pros

great atmosphere to work in

Cons

commission only and some times its hard to make a sale

Coldwell Banker is by FAR the BEST POSSIBLE CHOICE to work for in the Real Estate Industry

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Appleton, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Appleton, WI (US)

I have been working at Coldwell Banker full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Where do I start... Their Customer Service Department answering all calls makes sure that they don't go to voice-mail during business hours ever... They work until 7:00 every night and are there Saturdays and Sundays! The Technical Support is top notch, so I don't have to spend a bunch of time trying to figure out formatting for posting and such, this frees me up to work on things that are productive. We have weekly meetings to stay current on real estate and mortgage laws. If an agent does something here, and it works; all of the agents start doing it. They don't keep the successful strategies a secret, because they want us ALL to succeed. This was kind of a shock when I first got here. I couldn't believe all of the things that they taught me to do. I started out at a small company and the Broker there was a "competing broker", (as 99% of real estate brokerages are structured), so I received ZERO training and not a lot of support because they were too busy; also I always felt that I was competing with them and with all of the other agents. I would run up to the copier to grab the copies that I had printed off (that I had to pay for), so noone would see anything I was doing, because it was Every Man For Himself. At Coldwell Banker, we have Managing Brokers that do not compete, so they are working Right Along Side Of You ALWAYS. I never feel like I have to face any challenges alone. I don't have to pay for copies and I have left documents on the copier for hours because NOONE here would ever step on the toes of another agent. Their number one priority is HELPING AGENTS and TRAINING. I have been at this for over a decade and it wasn't until I joined Coldwell Banker that I really knew HOW TO BE AN AGENT! I was blowing in the wind and didn't even know it. I owe at least Half of my Success and Income to Coldwell Banker. I would not be where I was financially if it wasn't for their amazing Training, Support and Opportunities. I am also blown away by my broker. She is one of the smartest women that I have ever met, she is kind, patient and sets a high standard when it comes to Ethics and Integrity. I could go on and on, but I won't bore you with the Company Picnics, Awards Gala, and Charity Events that support our local communities, because they all deserve more than I have time to write. If given a choice between Coldwell Banker and ANY OTHER Company in the Nation, I would pick Coldwell Banker, EVERY TIME!

Cons

None, I am VERY VERY Happy here. I will work another 20 years and never leave, because I have been at other companies, and frankly coming here was like finally exhaling after so many years or struggling and wondering why I was not selling more. I now feel secure about my future.

None. The proof is in the pudding. It is why they are so Successful Nationally and Internationally!

This is a very professional and successful real estate brokerage in Long Beach, Ca

Current Employee - Real Estate Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Real Estate Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Coldwell Banker part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management team is very professional and always demonstrates sincere caring about the welfare of their employees and agents. It is a positive and fun environment to work in. The team environment helps everyone to achieve their individual goals. The focus of the company is to render excellence in service to their clients and sales associates.

Cons

There are really no cons to speak of as this firm is very well run.

Keep doing what you are doing because it is working.

You Get What You Put In

Current Employee - Realtor in Columbus, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Realtor in Columbus, GA (US)

I have been working at Coldwell Banker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love that you get to set your own schedule, you get compensated based on the work put in

Cons

Fees are very high compared to other competitors

Atmosphere is not very welcoming, everyone sees each other as competition

Would not recommend until changes are made

Current Employee - Property Manager in Fort Myers, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I have been working at Coldwell Banker full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredible benefits, average compensation package, Lots of support staff, Nice offices, Great name to build business from

Cons

Complete lack of training, Regional management is awful, Compensation should be higher, Too many chiefs and not enough indians

Get rid of regional executives and start fresh, this company cannot continue with the current leadership as it is being run into the ground

Broker

Current Employee - Real Estate Broker in Duvall, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Real Estate Broker in Duvall, WA (US)

I have been working at Coldwell Banker full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Plenty of training and supportive colleagues.

Cons

1099 employee, its the same as running your own business..

Stay up with technology.

Good name recognition, top-notch training, and experienced Realtors make this a great Brokerage to work for.

Current Employee - Realtor in Reno, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Realtor in Reno, NV (US)

I have been working at Coldwell Banker part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exemplary Training, great website, and Brand recognition are a few of the perks offered at Coldwell Banker.

Cons

As an Independent Contractor, your need to be ambitious to succeed. Commission only positions can be challenging when slow market conditions exist. Finding business in the beginning can be very challenging. Being in an Realtor requires some money time and during the learning curve.

Admin

I have been working at Coldwell Banker

Pros

Learn a lot about the business

Cons

No benefits, no room for growth

Enjoyed my employment at Coldwell Banker

Former Employee - Office Coordinator in Sarasota, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Office Coordinator in Sarasota, FL (US)

I worked at Coldwell Banker full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was able to advance in the company.

Cons

I don't have no complaints

Good opportunities if it works for you

Former Employee - Realtor in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Realtor in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Coldwell Banker part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Need to have a large network of people in area you want to sell to, otherwise its difficult to obtain leads. Coldwell Banker sort of provides leaves. the brand recogniztion definitely pays off and most people and office personel are very nice.

Cons

Hard to get leads unless you know people. The overall Coldwell Banker culture and "feel" is sort of aging..., and our office was thinking of ways we could try to modernize aspects to fit in with other local broker offices (Austin TX Is an area with lots of new fresh companies that are exploding)

Give more tools to new realtors.

Coldwell Banker Photos