Comcast

2,513 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,279 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Dsr

Former Employee - Dsr in Salt Lake City
    Former Employee - Dsr in Salt Lake City

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good, comp plans were ok, Made a few good friends

Cons

Management seemed overly focused on their future personal careers, lots of talk about how much they value employee but doesn't really feel that way

Half truths don't make employees loyal

its good to work with comcast but the salary structure is very poor

Current Employee - Customer Services Associate in Calcutta
    Current Employee - Customer Services Associate in Calcutta

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

friendly environment but pay out is poor

Cons

pay out is not good

if you outsource any of your process, just look how much your employees are getting satisfied with the pay out... with Fusion BPO.

Good to start for fresher

Former Employee - Software Developer in Ahmedabad
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Ahmedabad

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Flexible working hours, friendly work environment

Cons

Draft Career Development Path for employees
    Stop being biased

A good place to build your supervisory skillset

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Knoxville, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Knoxville, TN (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- If you take care of your team, they'll take care of you.
    - An honest and genuine approach to the job pays off.
    - Never say you'll take care of something then not follow through. This is the quickest way to lose respect among your peers and within your team.

Cons

This con really only applies to someone who shouldn't be doing this: The customer service industry in general can be soul sucking if you're not the right person. What is the right person? Someone who's genuinely passionate about helping others. You can't fake that. I've watched many people try, it never ends well.

Value feedback, regardless of tenure. Some of the best ideas come from fresh eyes.

Review of time working at Comcast

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Fantastic vacation and health benefits. I find my salary very competitive to others. Won't find a better company to work for in Philadelphia. Work-life balance is good. Training abundant.

Cons

Can be hard to navigate the political landscape of such a big company. Sometimes find management doesn't have a grasp on day-to-day operations.

Be more involved with the intricacies of you team, big or small. More clarity on using systems.

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

It's the best customer service I've had with a cable and Internet provider

Former Contractor - Installation Technician in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Former Contractor - Installation Technician in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Helpful honest and well maintained company that makes sure that customers are satisfied and get what they pay for regardless if they are wrong.

Cons

Nothing bad but need more fiber optic line in suburban areas. But other then that Internet speed is well maintained but does slow down after awhile.

Keep up the great work

Collections

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, no weekends, great benefits, easy to make lateral moves, excellent benefits package, especially tuition reimbursement

Cons

low pay, morale, inconsistency, lack of training, difficult call matrix, abuse from customers, no organization

stop favoritism, lack of knowledge, increase morale and budget

Great company to work for; Working hard to change image

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Heavy focus on growing and enabling employees
    Empowered to deliver

Cons

Great empowerment and respect for the employees requires that one be focused to get things done in a timely fashion.

Be more focused and concise on the strategy and tactics of the company and how it directly relates to them. Ambiguity wastes time.