Comcast Reviews

2,095 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,068 Ratings

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet) (in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate (in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Dsr

Former Employee - Dsr  in  Salt Lake City
    Former Employee - Dsr in Salt Lake City

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits were good, comp plans were ok, Made a few good friends

Cons

Management seemed overly focused on their future personal careers, lots of talk about how much they value employee but doesn't really feel that way

Half truths don't make employees loyal

its good to work with comcast but the salary structure is very poor

Current Employee - Customer Services Associate  in  Calcutta
    Current Employee - Customer Services Associate in Calcutta

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

friendly environment but pay out is poor

Cons

pay out is not good

if you outsource any of your process, just look how much your employees are getting satisfied with the pay out... with Fusion BPO.

Good to start for fresher

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Ahmedabad
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Ahmedabad

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Flexible working hours, friendly work environment

Cons

Draft Career Development Path for employees
    Stop being biased

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company that has brand recognition and a product that sells!

Former Employee - Business Account Executive I  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive I in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fortune 50 company, uncapped commissions when working Business to Business sales. The product has a clear advantage in internet speed and other features as unlimited long distance in US/Canada/Puerto Rico to go along with Cable TV offerings for businesses. Comcast is investing a lot of money and resources to expanding their network. You are given the tools and support to succeed.

Cons

Inclement weather can be demanding as well as the high level of activity needed to succeed. I witnessed a lack of ethics and integrity from colleagues in the sales field, as well as unethical behavior by the Inside Sales team located in Horshem, PA. Sometimes you felt, that all that the company cared about was adding more subscribers or customers at whatever the cost.

Provide mentors to new employees and or current ones....felt there was a leadership void. At one point there was some micro-managing taking place which is never a good thing.

Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Advanced Technician II  in  Livermore, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Advanced Technician II in Livermore, CA (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, opportunities for growth or career change.

Cons

Stats that must be met in call centers. Only allowed 10 minutes to try and resolve issues that a customer may have, sometimes with all 3 products. Agents have to be more focused on their metrics then the customer. Didn't use to be like that several years ago but now it is all about metrics and sales. Extremely stressful . California shut down all Comcast call centers.

Good Company but very competitive market

Former Employee - Business Account Executive  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on-boarding for new hires
    Multicultural work place and merit based advancement opportunities
    Great chance to help small business owners and develop a network
    Base salary is decent but if you hit your quota you will make $75K easy...
    No cap on commission but it requires a lot of time and effort
    VERY flexible work hours as long as you are CONSISTENTLY closing sales

Cons

Most of the negatives are associated with "plant" which employees cannot control. The company must make it a priority to put more money into the older infrastructure to keep existing customers happy vs continuing to build out new areas just to obtain new accounts. Also, if you do not like following up with clients and using a CRM program that coincides with that, don't take this job because you will be held accountable daily. Finally, while Comcast has arguably the fastest internet, many other competitors in the market are closing the gap and since there are issues with reliability in certain areas, you will have to be the type of salesman who sales themselves well.

Plea with upper management to make necessary improvements to the existing infrastructure. Oh and fire ALL micro-managers...especially the ones who don't think they are!

This job is worth the stress and drama!

Current Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comcast has always been very generous and fair to their employees. There hasn't been one issue that has gone unresolved. There are many benefits to working here...outside of near-free employee accounts there is the job security. I like working in an environment where we are not only constantly busy, but it is an ever growing, exciting, educational and challenging job. I've been here several years and wouldn't leave if you paid me. Comcast gives every employee no less than two weeks of vacation time every year as well as over a week of flex time (sick days, etc.). The amount of vacation time increases over time. You will lose the time if not taken during the year because of the work-life balance. There is also 401k, stocks, discounts, etc. The pay, even starting out, is generous. Benefits are available quickly after hired.

Cons

Quotas, which are sometimes a challenge, are very obtainable. There are stats each employee must maintain. The most difficult part of the job has nothing to do with anything related to comcast...and that is dealing with customers. I work in a fast paced call center where some calls pertain to outages or to the customers own equipment or devices, and people are passionate about service. Some people are friendly, some are merely having a terrible day. My challenge is to turn the call around and make their days a little better...leave them with the feeling that we do truly care about our customers. There are many supervisors divided into teams. We keep the atmosphere fun and competitive, win perks such as electronics, tickets to sporting events, etc.

Keep up the good work! There is little I would change as far as management goes.

Pro-employee

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company takes care of their employees. Benefits are great. Salary is good and they guide you step by step to enhance your career.

Cons

You have to be ready and able to adapt on constantly changing policies and procedures.

Please don't stop your generous support to all your employees.

Loyalty at Comcast is a one way street

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Perks of free and discounted services, merit increases and annual performance reviews, bonus for performing

Cons

Lost job because the region I worked in performed so well that members of the team we're let go to hire in other parts of the company. Company has gotten away from staying focused on the needs of the local market with decisions made by Philly.

Don't be so sneaky to your long term loyal employees. It will blow up on you at some point!

Good company to work for in the telecommunication industry

Current Employee - Advance Product Support
    Current Employee - Advance Product Support

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, and great overall benefits. Work-life balance is also great with great time-off packages

Cons

not easy to advance in management positions

Need to hire more younger employees and listen to employees ideas.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!