Comcast Spotlight

Comcast Spotlight President Charlie Thurston

Charlie Thurston

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Market Research Analyst

Market Research Analyst (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Comcast Spotlight as an intern for less than a year

ProsEnvironment, People. The job itself is very interesting and attractive.

ConsAs my position, the jobs are pretty monotone and not very exciting after some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey might consider giving more responsibility to the interns.

The Advertising Account Executive position is "sink or swim". Very good training program.

Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I worked at Comcast Spotlight full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits. Amazing resume builder. Free Comcast services. Ability to create your own schedule.

ConsCommission structure changes a lot. Most new business is already taken up by employees who already have an established relationship with Advertising agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great! I had a great direct manager and good experiences all around

The HMO of Sales -- you're not a person, you're a number

Local Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Comcast Spotlight full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits (event tickets, contests, discounts, free cable)
Local office, Fortune 50 company
Decent training for new reps
Sales Assistants are great
Good office comaraderie (not much lead stealing)

ConsUnfair to commissioned sales reps--the more you succeed, the more you are punished with lower commission and higher quota.
Keeps the hard-working rep's commission when a client pays late. Yep, the company keeps the rep's commission for themselves!
Complaints about lack of selling time go dismissed. Honestly, so much data entry to enable them to fire you whenever while maintaining account records eats up 70% of the work time.
HR is not there for employees, it's there for management and it is filled with lack of support and lack of personalization.
LOTS of micro-managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring young, inexperienced sales reps will only take you so far. At this point, your reputation for undervaluing and underappreciating seasoned reps is preceeding you (as shown by many of the reviews here) and will continue to keep turnover rolling every 2 years and Spotlight's value low to the most talented reps. You will lose from doing this. It may take time, but you will lose market share, subscribers and top talent.

Worked for Comcast Spotlight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Spotlight reviews and ratings in San Francisco, CA – including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Comcast Spotlight CEO Charlie Thurston. All reviews are posted anonymously by Comcast Spotlight employees.