Compass Health Reviews

Updated 18 July 2014

1.9

Tom Sebastian

Compass Health Inc. Slo County

Current Employee - RN Manager  in  San Luis Obispo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - RN Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

I have been working at Compass Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the coworkers are nice and so are the residents

Cons

The upper management in the corporate office are sleeping with the employees. Someone else was right about the anonymous line not being anonymous, what a joke! They deserved to get sued. They promote people with poor work ethic, bad attitudes and no real experience, pay raises are few and far between. They turn a blind eye to illegal activity and harassment from administration

Take some customer service training yourselves

Worked there for 7 months. Patients are wonderful

Former Employee - RN Charge  in  Opelousas, LA (US)
    Former Employee - RN Charge in Opelousas, LA (US)

I worked at Compass Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good.Good Benefits.

Cons

Lots of people not trained properly to work with psych patients.Lots of bullying especially in administration. Lots of immaturity, unprofessionalism.Key people seem to allow bullying and participate themselves.

Grow up ,start showing professionalism and if the only way you can function is thru bullying maybe you should get out of your profession. Would not recommend this job to anybody..I worked in Opelousas may the other facilities are better. After I quit it took almost a year to replace me.

Compass Health Cares for its Community

Current Employee - Secretarial  in  Everett, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Secretarial in Everett, WA (US)

I have been working at Compass Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer great benefits, pleasant work culture, very positive most of the time. I haven't been there really long, but I like how everyone's work is so worthwhile. The people that stay there aren't there for the money and really want to help people. Communication is very open between upper management and staff.

Cons

As a non-profit company wages are lower, staff can get overworked and stressed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Pay, Poor Benefits

Current Employee - Clinician II  in  Everett, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA (US)

I have been working at Compass Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Compass Health offers a good starting point for young therapists right out of graduate school. Opportunity to gain lots of experience working with a diverse population of primarily medicaid clientele.

Cons

Compass Health offers very low wages for Master's level employees ($16 hour). Productivity expectations are high, and the clientele is very challenging. Benefits are poor, and the cost of adding dependents or a spouse to insurance plan is outrageous. Many employees that I work with cannot afford to add their family to the insurance plan, so their children are also on medicaid, just like the clients we serve. I just received my annual pay raise of 37 cents, and I'm not joking.

Compass Health is a non-profit organization, I get that, however, there is no effort to focus on employee retention. The turnover at Compass Health is very high for a reason. Licensed, Master's level employees make less than the average receptionist with a high school diploma.

Worked there for over a year

I have been working at Compass Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping a community in great need.

Cons

Administration often talks poorly about patients and other staff and gets away with it. Key people seem to allow bullying and participate themselves. Upper management does nothing about the bullying. Some hsve no people skills and should not be managing people.

Upper management, please sxhool yourselves on how to properly take care of your employees. Learn some about disabilities and bullying in the workplace.

A lot of discontent in organization

I have been working at Compass Health as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Agency has great guiding values

Cons

A lot of turnover on teams.

Invest more in your employees and there may be less turnover

Bullies get rescued

I worked at Compass Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of locations and programs to work for. Ok benefits. Some employees are for real doing a good job.

Cons

Mgmt. provides workplace bullies a safe haven. Impossible schedule for a sustained time working all 3 shifts every single week for weeks on end (graves, swing & day). Excellent work not expected, personal friends are hired, so they are protected no matter how much work they refuse to do.

Take time to listen to employees and invest in learning how to provide a harassment-free environment and don't expect new employees especially to deal with office harassment.

Co-workers were friendly, floor manager promoted a team approach to care.

I worked at Compass Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and caring work environment.

Cons

Disparaging gaps between administration workers and health workers.

Encourage a more united "culture" of care that incorporates and encourages administration and health workers to more freely communicate and interact for the end goal: professional caring and compassionate quality care.

unprofessional, poor morale, profit driven, great location, great patients

I worked at Compass Health

Pros

One of the few places to work in the San Luis Obispo County, lower level workers tend to be supportive of each other, patients are remarkable and inspiring individuals, company offers workers a chance for entering the local College's nursing program

Cons

The company lost over 30 employees who reported being mistreated as the reason why

understaffed patient ratios, lack of essential supplies for patient care, letting experienced staff members to hire new people at a lower rate, false anonymous hotline, callers to the anonymous hotline are called in for retaliation, callers names are publicly given to others, promotions are given to those who are involved with upper management, work schedules are changed at any time without notifying employees

Please support your workers, profit is not worth more than happy patients and happy employees

Great employees, upper management controls employees by fear

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Compass Health

Pros

Great direct management, great tips good food. The hired staff is fantastic. Great Christmas parties and informative meetings. Will pay for half of the required footwear.

Cons

requesting time off results in punishment of lack of shifts the next weeks. Schedule for the following week are most often not made until the day before. Most people are let go or made so uncomfortable that they quit. Have to clock out after 6 hours even if you still have work to do. (Dont want to pay overtime) If not, clearly threatened to be fired in an email sent by upper management.

Worked for Compass Health? Contribute to the Community!