CompuCom

CompuCom President and CEO James W. Dixon

James W. Dixon

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

CompuCom Takes good Care of Employees

Consulting Technical Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at CompuCom as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits and pay are generally best of market. Company has broad resources for employees. Recruiters do a good job of finding the right fit for the employee and the client both.

ConsService level agreements are not always well defined. Reviews are informal and there is no set rate increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries should be re-negotiated each fiscal year for long term assignments.

Supported me on my contract

STE (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA (US)

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor for less than a year

ProsDedicated contact that worked with me while on project.
Local company
Had in-house business as well as contract work.

ConsThere isn't any real Con I can think of, other than my relationship with this company was only necessary to work on the project. There was no long term connection.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been nice to know there was a path beyond the current project. While working here, CompuCom was just the company that paid me while I worked on a project for the client company. I did like having a primary contact that kept in touch with my work at the client. Over-all my experience with this company was good.

CompuCom

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA (US)

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

ProsCompuCom will tend to not expect much from you in terms of meeting with your handler regularly or undergoing evaluations. This was great for a 1 year gig as I preferred to do my work and not be pulled into check-ins or performance reviews with anyone at CompuCom.

ConsCompuCom tends to take a higher percentage of a position's bill rate that other vendor companies. While I preferred the hands off approach of the CompuCom account team it does tend to making you feel like a commodity rather than an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency on bill rate ratios similar to other vendor companies. More of a focus on treating the employees as part of the company.

No opportunity for advancement

Senior Program Manager At Msft (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at CompuCom

ProsGreat way to get a foot in the door and pick up experience as a contractor or vendor at MSFT. They have a good reputation with MSFT managers.

ConsNo opportunity for meaningful pay increase even if you outperform and take on more opportunity. You have to leave your contract and take another to even Keep up with inflation. Pay is lower than other vendor companies. Compucom takes a bigger cut than other companies so they pay less. They will do NOTHING for you between contracts, but will block you from going to another vendor firm.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom Videos

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom reviews and ratings in Redmond, WA – including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for CompuCom CEO James W. Dixon. All reviews are posted anonymously by CompuCom employees.