Comtech, LLC

Updated Feb 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shailendra Sharma

Don't waste any of your time here.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Comtech, LLC as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits were good for the position.

Conseverything else except benefits were not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees!!

Poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Comtech, LLC full-time for more than a year

ProsThe building had a nice deli in it, parking was free.

ConsNo organizational structure, management is terrible, no middle management - upper management all think they're "Vice Presidents"...expected to work on vacations and through illness, no accountability, basically a staffing company and the owner likes to micromanage everything.

A growing company.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Comtech, LLC full-time for less than a year

ProsThey have contracts with government agencies.

ConsThey are just staffing the job, not supporting the employee and their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with those you send out as contractors. Provide support system. Meet with them frequently.

Growing Company and Incredible Opportunity

I have been working at Comtech, LLC full-time

ProsComtech provides incredible opportunities to work with very senior clients on high-impact issues.
There are many options to create/find your niche and take ownership/lead on a project with the wisdom and support of senior level management. Comtech treats their employees very well.

ConsIf you are looking to do the same thing day in and day out this is probably not the best fit for you.

Nice Friendly Company - they treat people well

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comtech, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA great place if you like the excitement of trying different things. There is always something new to learn. The pay is good but they are not going to give you any extra money. In all other respects they are very good to their employees

ConsIf don't like change or if you want to do the same thing day in and day out this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on the people out there on projects rather than HQ.

Innovative Solutions and Friendly Colleagues

I have been working at Comtech, LLC full-time for less than a year

ProsIt's a small company, so you'll wear several hats. The advantage here is that you will have the opportunity to build your skills and diversify your value-add. There are several projects here that have long-life and high levels of customer praise. The company is growing and putting revenue toward building and maintaining measureable processes.

ConsIn staying agile, salaries tend to be on the low end. There's also more to do here, and if you allow it your work/life balance can be diminished.

Advice to Senior ManagementPaying people what they're worth at the start of employment, and rewarding a little annually without breaking the bank, is a good way to boost retention rates.

New to the workforce and really enjoying this job

I have been working at Comtech, LLC full-time for less than a year

ProsAs someone not only new to the company but new to the workforce I was more than pleased with the salary I was offered, and thrilled with the generous benefits package- something anyone entering the workforce can tell you is FAR from guaranteed anymore. The facilities are wonderful and the free and easy-access parking is a plus. What really has been a surprise and delight for me is that they truly value and believe in the talent of all of their employees, including newcomers. Despite being new, and despite being young, I was immediately considered valuable with ideas and expertise to contribute rather than being ignored or simply told what to do and given the less desirable tasks. I have received plenty of encouragement to contribute, share ideas, and pursue my interests and talents within the company. I see many opportunities for personal and professional growth in my future with this company.

ConsAs an small organization that is experiencing tremendous growth and constantly looking into new ideas and technologies there is significant internal change and occasionally seeming disorganization. However it has become an internal priority to ensure that all these problems and concerns are rectified.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working to establish processes and procedures, even while encouraging progress and new ideas, people do thrive when they have structure to start from.

All talk no Action

I worked at Comtech, LLC

ProsCake on birthdays, accessible location, decent end clients

ConsThere would be talk about Comtech being a family company that will grow you, but all the decisions are based on how much money they can get, not on the best interests of the employee or growing the employee. There are very little agreed upon processes and many internal managers argue with each other and point fingers. The President is unpredictable and just does whatever he feels like doing, which in my opinion is unprofessional and has led to much turnover. Some employees are treated well and given sendoff parties if they leave, others are just dumped on the side of the road. Many times, the President or an upper manager sends a lower level employee to do his dirty work of getting rid of an employee and says nothing to them. Many new projects that have been attempted have failed due to a lack of listening to or caring for employees. Also, this may be small, but they don't have RECYCLING! Who doesn't have recycling on their premises?

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, do what you say you'll do, don't dump big responsibilities on a few people just to save money.

The height of unprofessionalism

I worked at Comtech, LLC

ProsCake served on people's birthdays.

ConsHorrible work/life balance, no management structure, extremely high rate of turnover, nepotism, no clearly defined job descriptions, awful pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvesting in employee education/training along with paying market value salaries would increase employee retention.

Worked for Comtech, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comtech, LLC reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Comtech, LLC CEO Shailendra Sharma. All 9 reviews are posted anonymously by Comtech, LLC employees.