Convergys

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.9 1,254 reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers

Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work(in 83 reviews)

• Great training job to work in a high busy work environment(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area(in 65 reviews)

• There is no work life balance, since schedule is often very incosistant(in 19 reviews)

1,254 Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsFlat Structure Organisation
    Good benefits to employees

ConsNeed to have Career development plan for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing , No advice

Great exposure to the technology!

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Pune

ProsGreat place to learn the product which will help alot in the growth. Good amount of salary with good incentives. Can quickly get promoted.

Consno job security. A very few or no facilities. Too much of work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and hire more people.

Best place to work.The best part of my life ever- Aakash mishra

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsYou'll get the best support and experience in this comp.

ConsWork pressure is like anything, Some of subgroup managers are hrble..they won't even listen to you if you are not working accordingly not regarding the process but them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to choose some good leaders to handle the process as some of the L.o.b's are getting effected badly because of some people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cse

Prosgood working enviornment and work life balance

Consleaves policy nt gud need to be revised

Employee friendly- Good pay pressure free environment

Analyst, Systems (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Pros-Pay
    - Work -life balance
    - Pressure free environment

ConsManagement is a bit biased and I believe its the same every where.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good to work.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity and growth if you perform your best.

ConsHR and Management doesn't have a good interaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR, ER should acknowledge all the terms and conditions if changes.

Stressful and pressurizing as the company has become very performance oriented

Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsCompany Benefits like insurance and cashless hospitalization are standard in the industry. The rewards and recognition schemes and the goodies distributed on performing are decent.Annual Recognition programmes are really good as they help in exhibiting everyones talent

ConsStress due to pressure to perform gets to you and Growth opportunities are not always based on merits. Employee retention scheme is a Joke as it is performance based.compensation and appraisals are not on par with the best in the industry but the company demands standards or performance on the lines of the elite.transport service is not on par with other branches.(Convergys Gurgaon has AC cabs ).

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growth opportunities base on merit and not by playing favorites.Delegation of work is ineffective, most of the time. The manager does the work of the senior manager and so on.Frequent changes in the scorecards affect employee morale so flex according to client requirements but not to an extent where you end up destabilizing confidence in the employees in believing that they can grow.

It was great

CRE (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsFree meal. Good work environment. Australian shift better than American.

ConsNo leave granted for medical reason . I was working in Thane as an outstation candidate. I had jaundice and had to return to Calutta. I was terminated.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was working in Thane as an outstation candidate. I had jaundice and had to return to Calutta. Give more chance to outstatin candidates.

Good to work

IT Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsVery good learning and compensation

ConsGrowth limited and working in shifts

Learning all the way..

Associate Trainer (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsJob Stability (if you consistently perform), Office Culture, Training, Free pickup and drop.

ConsLack of transparency, Meager remuneration, Lack of Personal Development workshops.

Advice to Senior ManagementConvergys is a great organisation to work with. With several growth opportunities based on employee's talent and skill set, one can climb up the ladder provided they have what it takes to perform. Convergys can endeavor to enhance the employee experience by implementing "Personal Development workshops", "Career Counselling workshops" and make the environment sustainable for growth for one and all by including focus groups of the top management with the middle management once every month.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!