Corsair Reviews

26 reviews filtered by
2.5
Andy Paul

You deserve better!

Former Employee - Operations in Fremont, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations in Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people here, unfortunately few to none in management.

Cons

Corsair is one of those places where managers who are at the end of their careers gravitate towards. They have been working for 15-20+ years already and are no longer hungry or driven. They come here to be a "Yes Man" to the aloof CEO and the Micromanager COO while they dump the work on young overworked and underpaid talent. They set expectations out of thin air with ever changing deadlines, collect annual bonuses while doling out 0-3% annual raises, even after a record breaking year!

The only sure fire way to get decent raises is to get an offer from another company to show to that you're underpaid and undervalued or live off the "we're working on getting you what you deserve!" indefinitely. Word to the wise, take the offer elsewhere, you'll be much happier.

If you're young and ambitious, you'll start here determined to learn and make a dent. What will happen is you'll be drained of every ounce of enthusiasm, run into one road block after another by people who are incompetent but prideful until finally you'll burnout and realize life is too short to stay at a place like this.

Perks: There are none! Save your change! Corsair will provide you with unlimited tap water, but if you want anything else, they have vending machines are more expensive than Airport vending machines!

Advice to Management

Hiring more managers to manage existing managers who are already pawning off work to the already overworked staff, how could such a strategy fail?

2. Where do I start?

I have been working at Corsair

Pros

Health Benefits
    Quarterly bonus
    New office

Cons

The company is run by the C.O.O who thinks she knows everything. If you are someone's favorite then you are sure to succeed. Upper management will yell and curse at you. They have no sense of respect and do not take responsibility for their mistakes.

Advice to Management

The upper management is so far gone no advice can even be given

Corsair was a waste of my time

I worked at Corsair

Pros

Only pro was living close to work, only 10 min commute.

Cons

Working at corsair I wore many hats but was never acknowledged for all my hard work. The one thing I dislike about this place is how the CEO never acknowledged his employees if he didn't know them by name he has his favorites and that's the sales team. The COO basically runs the company and the employees are paid way below average. I would say stay away from this place. No employee recognition or fun activities for employees, executives don't think it's worth the money.

Advice to Management

Fight hard for your hardworking employees, they deserve better pay.

Worst place to work at ever

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Corsair full-time

Pros

Profit sharing but not guaranteed every month, literally the only pro of working here.

Cons

toxic environment--extremely poor company culture, working hard doesn't reward you, they make a lot of very very questionable personnel changes, underpay everyone and stack responsibilities without compensating.

Advice to Management

please treat your employees better

Good Company

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, Good employee-employer relation, bosses and senior management are approachable

Cons

overtime work hours are limited

Advice to Management

more overtime hours.

Think Twice - Unstable work environment and CYA culture. Not an enjoyable place to work.

I worked at Corsair

Pros

Good Salary & Benefits. Dedicated Associate Level Employees. Free Parking. Loyal Customer Base. Great Core Products

Cons

High Middle Management Turnover. Disconnected Senior Executives. Constant Strategy Changes. Very Political Environment.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. Great company moving to change directions and overcome some past challenges; excellent road ahead of growth and profit.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, perks like time off, shutdown and holiday policies, solid co-workers that are great, and good company values.

Cons

More training would be great, more work-life balance would be nice, like telecommuting; more recognition and rewards.

Advice to Management

Transparency in all dealings with the employees and the company; get around and meet with managers and employees more often on a one to one basis; ask for feedback and then make the genuine changes and effort whenever and wherever possible.

Just like every other company

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to play video games. Nice coworkers. Nice weather in fremont

Cons

Bad management with little opportunity to grow as an employee

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you know everything.

Great potential but mismanaged

I have been working at Corsair

Pros

Company has great potential due to extremelly passionate and dedicated employees. It is trying to reinvent itself and grow into a more "established" company but at what cost...

Cons

The cost of the change is on the employees... Long working hours, frequent strategy/course changes, a distant upper management that struggles to relate with employees, all this leading to an inability to execute in a timely fashion on product launches - which makes it even harder on us, the employees.

Advice to Management

There is no such thing as perfection. Squeezing every last drop of energy out of the employees to try to reach this goal will only exhaust the team.

Corsair Response

Jan 19, 2015Recruiter

Appreciate the kudos on potential, and we're working hard to right manage moving forward.

11. Great Experience So Far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

I have been working at Corsair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Corsair have been wonderful to work with. Everyone is pretty laid back but also has a sense of urgency when it comes down to business. I am really enjoying my time here, the CEO seems very friendly and has a great sense of humor during the company meetings. Also, I LOVE the fact that we have quarterly functional meetings with the CEO and a small group of employees were we are free to ask any questions to the CEO. Management team at Corsair want to see you grow as an individual and take on more responsibility as your time progresses at Corsair.

Cons

Only cons is the pay can be a little higher to meet market but overall pretty decent.

Corsair Photos