Costco Wholesale

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.8 1,159 reviews

Costco Wholesale President & CEO Craig Jelinek

Craig Jelinek

Pros
  • You are able to grow within the company the pay and benefits are wonderful(in 106 reviews)

• There are great benefits available for part-time and full-time employees(in 168 reviews)

Cons
  • Offered me full time then fired me right before I was to receive benefits(in 57 reviews)

• Takes a few seasonal periods to get hired permanently and then it is only part time(in 46 reviews)

1,159 Employee Reviews

Great place to work with a flexible schedule while going to school

Cashier (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsDecent pay for part time, benefits, and time and a half on sundays make it a nice job for working at a "grocery" store.

ConsEverything revolves around the check in clock, have to be exactly clocked in when you start and exactly clocked out when your shift ends.

A great company to work for

Major Sales Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood pay, great benefits, growth for the future.

ConsDepending on what warehouse you work in if hourly, can become a boys or girls club. Hard to move up if this happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter screening process for assistant managers and senior managers. Not everyone who has that position deserves it.

Awesome!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company to work with

ConsNone. Great leader in retail industry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I work for Costco for over 14 years

Vault Clerk, Back Up Payroll, Sales Audit & Just About Anything Else (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsPay, Benefits and a lifetime of friends. Oh yeah free Executive Membership!! Did I mention that the benefits are FREAKING AWESOME!!

ConsNot that much communication from management. Too many people want to be chiefs but not enough indians.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a minute or so and listen to your employees. We see what you don't take the time to see and listen to.

Cart Pusher/Front End

Front End Assistant (Current Employee) Stockton, CA (US)

ProsPays well
    Tons of hours for part time job
    Flexible hours
    Free membership

ConsAttitude from older staff (lack of respect)
    Lack of decent instructions

Seasonal employment turned into full-time with fabulous benefits & great company@

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsTreated employees with respect! Lots poo f room for advancement

ConsBeing retail some times the schedule wasn't the greatest.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone!

Love coming to work each day

Service Clerk (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsThe benefits are second to none, the pay is way more than anywhere else doing the same work, your tenure counts for something, great people to work with.

ConsNot a lot of room for movement within different departments

Great company, pays more than a teaching job.

Food Court (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsGreat benefits for part time and even better benefits for full time. Pay raise determined by amount of hours worked, promotions based on seniority. Opportunity to relocate. Flexible schedule, ideal for college students.

ConsMust know an employee to get an interview. Can be competitive when it comes to moving up. Work may be stressful depending on department.

It'll get you by til you find your career

Major Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsCostco has amazing benefits, a great retirement plan, and you learn a lot about people from all different walks of life because EVERYBODY shops there. Pay is 1.5x on Sundays and you're always busy doing something. Pretty good work environment, the employees get a bit clicky but everybody gets along for the most part.

ConsIt's tough loving on a Costco paycheck. The pay is decent for the type of industry it is, but it's definitely not a long term job unless you move up to management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your stuff together. Stop wasting time with unnecessary moves because you couldn't get it right the first time around.

Good Company

Supervisor (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsThe company has great benefits, high pay, and works around school. The company has an open door policy if you want to talk to corporate.

ConsManagement seems to be concerned only with issues when you go to corporate. Open availability is always needed to move up in the company.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!