D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 23 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

Sinking ship riding on past brand laurels

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsGood colleagues to work with

ConsLacks vision and does not take into consideration the client requirements when deciding on product or product segments.
    They just pressurise employees to work hard without any recognition or any kind of training.
    Too much of partiality.
    Company is run by inexperienced professionals who has no clue about competition eating into their business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work on the cons mentioned

suggestion

Business Intelligence (Current Employee) Mumbai

Prosnice opportunity after 2 to 3 years

Consvery heay burdon of work no limit

Advice to Senior Managementgive priority to time

Its a good place for experienced professional.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsIts a good place for experienced professional.

ConsIts not so good a place for Fresher

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run the Business Work - Maintenance

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsProvides Flexibility but depends on the supervisor.

ConsNot great place to learn new things since most work is maintaining systems.
    Not much work for BA's since not much development work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate well and more.

Good starting area to learn and grow, then move on

Account Manager (Former Employee) Rotterdam (Netherlands)

ProsExcellent place to start out a career and develop your skillset. Work life balance is good, secondary benefits are also good. In sales, car allowance is excellent. Very tight knight and friendly colleagues.

ConsCompany not investing in creating differentiation of product: still sitting on high margin business and not accelerating past competition or truly innovating. Fear of change. Local office run by a clique who back themselves up towards senior international management. Not too many places to grow to. HR is very good though. Zero marketing investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest: in product, in marketing, in career progression. Weed out the politics.

Excellent company, great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly colleagues, interesting work, motivating atmosphere, good benefits. New CEO is energizing and exciting. Has been a great company for years and seems to be improving. I learned a lot here and found it a very positive experience overall.

ConsLike any corporate place, has its Dilbert moments but overall it's a good place to work and treats employees well. It is undergoing change and that can always create a "wait and see" vibe but all signs seem good.

Good Learning Experience, Stale Future Strategy

Intern (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ (US)

ProsFriendly employees, very much so 9-5 with some exceptions, interesting work. Pretty good comps.

ConsNo young staff = no innovation in thought or processes. They are trying to improve the brand which will take time, but their products and offerings need to be refreshed, not just the logo alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the future - need better talent, need to be on the cutting edge of data analytics.

Great company with great benefits & good culture

Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS (US)

ProsGreat leadership team and continuing to improve. World class innovation and industry leading information and insight. The best in the business.

ConsNo local office in many locations. While there are lots of benefits to being a home worker, thee are drawbacks as well. Travel can get tiresome after months of the routine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating. Do not become complacent or accept the status quo.

Great company to work for. To them you are not just a "number'. You are respected and valued.

Credit Advisor (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC (US)

ProsGreat pay, positive environment, great benefits.

ConsA little stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's really nothing that they can improve upon.

Great people. No loyalty to long time employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Good benefits. Friendly working atmosphere. Excellent vacation and time off.

Consno room for advancement. Too many cuts over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo managers who take over a new group due to realignment, listen to the advice the group is telling you and also learn more about how that group works.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!