D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros:
  • "Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Senior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

D&B is a good company overall. There is advancement opportunities available.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere is a great work life balance.

ConsLimited income potential. As a sales rep, I want the ability to write my own paycheck. While the income is good, it is not great. Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult. Recent comp plan change was for the worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile you are good at receiving feedback from employees, implementing it is another story. We are on the front lines, listen to us!!

An excellent Project team experience. It was the best organized & managed PMO I have ever experienced.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I worked at D&B as a contractor for less than a year

ProsClearly stated goals and mission statement.

ConsProjects need to keep focused on critical objectives and less influenced by short term politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should emulate the connection that Sara Mathew had with the rank and file employees.

Good challenge if you want to take it on

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, good HR department.Very good work lifebalance.Fun team night outs . management will give you extra responsibility if you ask for it.

ConsSmall office in Dublin which results in limited amount of job opportunities.Salary in some areas below industry standard.

Good

Sales (Current Employee)
Parsippany, NJ (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people and very respected brand name.

ConsSenior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the impediments to the sales force being successful

Hot and cold

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits, good compensation packages

ConsAnnual financial flexibility is arbitrary and often yields investment decisions that are short sighted. Additionally, significant talent has been allowed to leave the business for short term expense reasons that could have been leveraged for greater shareholder and Customer benefit

DINOSAUR - Too Big Data to Fail

Sales Trainer (Current Employee)
Center Valley, PA (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStronghold on the Risk Mgmt and Commercial Credit space, decent comprehensive major medical

ConsPersnickety high-school culture,, Operational deficiencies, manual and antiquated internal process, legacy systems, disparate decentralized reporting, leadership is uninformed and inept, uses financial flexibility to justify turnover and expense cuts and the field says they can't demo the software because it runs slower than a 28K modem.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in more leadership from the outside, MaxCV is just the first overbudget project if you want to be ready for IoT, we have to build automated SB SaaS models, Ops is broken, Pricing is a laughable mess and stop the insanity, a decade of failure in new commercial customer acquistion alone has led to turnover of 120+ pp, and might as well migrate DNBi and SRM to force.com, they are eating your lunch with DDC neway.

Great people, poor management

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsA great team of people on the ground. Office culture if very good.

ConsNo leadership, vision or strategy from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop chasing the share price and start running the company.

Career Opportunities

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRapid career opportunities with a work environment you want to be at each day.

ConsSalary growth is based on an internal rule set that is not conducive to career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping the best of the best...salaries should be in line with Market Value!

Big Mistake!

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I worked at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get to work for a well-recognized name. HQ is near the Short Hills Mall so it makes Christmas shopping a little easier. It's probably a good place to go if you have a cog-like job and you're 3-5 years away from retirement. I don't think there's anyone there past 5:00, so you definitely get home in time for dinner.

Cons-- Soooo many layers to get ANYTHING done. You need approval after approval and meeting after meeting just to get something that should take 10 minutes done.
-- I was warned when I was hired that they have an annual re-org. They weren't kidding. It's like clockwork.
-- I was there for 1 year and had 4 different managers, the only one that was somewhat qualified left the company.
-- The atmosphere in Short Hills is like a morgue. It makes the Office Space office look like Mardis Gras!
-- ZERO energy or excitement about the products, customers, mobility, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know data is essentially boring, but you really need to pay attention to just how depressing it is in your company. You also need to really look into your management layer as most of them have no idea what they are doing and are doing jobs for which they have no previous qualifications (e.g., Finance people doing Marketing, Sales people doing Operations, etc.).

Great Company with Great People

I have been working at D&B full-time

ProsSo many talented, brilliant, nice people.

ConsWork life balance can be challenging at times.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for D&B CEO Robert Carrigan. All 200 reviews are posted anonymously by D&B employees.