DISH

2.5 1,672 reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton

Joseph Clayton

(1,068 ratings)

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 72 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons (in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights
1,672 Employee Reviews

Exciting and Challenging

Coach (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsEasy job, no hassell at all

ConsOvertime comes into the picture during peak season

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe big reason is a good place to work and good atmosphere, good coligues.

ConsI don't find any difficulties to work in this organization. Iam very happy to work in this kind of enviroment.

Not a professional environment

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is decent and the 401k company match.

ConsWords of caution... supervisors and senior management are rarely on the same page. Constant disconnect in communication. Very immature coworkers who do not take their job seriously. High school environment. Better be in cahoots with the right people if you wish to be promoted. Performance and track record are not your key to success here. I was told when I was hired that there are "plenty of opportunities for overtime if you need extra money" which translates to you must work mandatory overtime at a moment's notice. For those in school and those with life commitments, steer clear. This is a mediocre job and mediocre company at best, so if you consider yourself a professional and have even an ounce of respect for yourself, you may want to consider looking elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere do I begin...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Dish Network Installer (Current Employee)

ProsMost of the day I am my own boss but have management available if I need help. Great pay. Every day is different. Great bonus program. Positive feed back from management. Overtime available weekly. Three days off a week.

ConsCan have difficult jobs. When you can't figure out how to do somthing it becomes very difficult to describe the problem although people are willing to help. Insurance can be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have had great management. Continue to help and support.

What you put in is what you get out.

Inside Sales Lead (Current Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

ProsThe money is great. The benefits are just like anywhere else. Discount on the service is cool. 401K is awesome and the Employee Stock Purchase Plan is good!

ConsYou have to be able to adapt. Change happens all of the time. This is a fast paced environment and everything impacts the company so everything is being watched. However if you are doing what you are supposed to and you can adapt to change then there will be no issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not forget the environment. In sales the environment is key, if you want to change or implement something, that is great but do not forget the environment. An environment that is not clean or stable is a recipe for un-happy employees also they will not want to adapt to changes you are making.

The work is alright, the people are good, the pay is really lousy

Analyst/Developer II (Current Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

Prosif you work hard & do good, you'll be noticed.

Consthere aren't too many cons. it'd be great if one can wok at home on snow days.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sudden shift to company outings is a laugh. keep it & give fair pay!

Great to a point

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay & benefits. Great service to offer people.

ConsConstantly changing business policies & keeping up with sales & performance metrics

Hopefully Will Get Better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

Pros-Opportunities to move up
    -LEAD employee training program
    -Smart people
    -Free TV service for employees
    -Access to high level executives

I've worked at DISH for about 4 years now, and have gotten multiple promotions. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed (at least on my team). A lot of your happiness (like at any job) will depend on your manager and the people you work with on a day to day basis. I've seen some teams that are somewhat dysfunctional, but luckily my team is great.

Cons-Low pay compared to industry averages
    -Terrible benefits (health plan is really bad)
    -You only get 2 weeks of PDO (3 weeks after 5 years)
    -401k takes 5 years to vest
    -A lot of bureaucracy with little focus on ROI (the projects that turn into realities are just whatever the COO is interested in that particular day)
    -Outdated HQ with not enough bathrooms

Advice to Senior Management-Do a better job of investing in and retaining employees. They've been saying that they want to improve benefits and salaries for a long time now, but nothing has changed.
    -Try to trim the bureaucracy and get more teams to work across departments rather than just keeping a silo approach

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

There's been challenges, but it continues to improve

Training Manager (Current Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

ProsAmazing technology, terrific opportunity, and the chance to work with some of the smartest people I've ever met. People here are driven, dedicated, and incredibly savvy. DISH also re-committed to providing even more leadership training to every manager in the company.

ConsHigh expectations cause some leaders to forget best practices and that can drive employees out. The company is working to give managers better tools to work with their people, but some leaders aren't willing to change. Those leaders make it tough on their people.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on leadership! Be willing to change!

Not as bad as some say

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

ProsDish has gotten some bad press in the past about working conditions. I was hired into corporate off the street and I was given a copy of the "rules" to sign off on prior to my acceptance of the job. I knew what I was getting into before I even started. My managers always worked with schedule outside of work and gave me the flexibility needed. Are there time where you need to bust your butt and work hard, you bet! Dish is not a place to be complacent, it is a full steam ahead organization, where you need to be on board or you will be left behind.

ConsThere are bad days and good days, just like any job or company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!