DISH

1,789 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,150 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 72 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons (in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting and Challenging

Former Employee - Coach  in  Hyderābād
    Former Employee - Coach in Hyderābād

Pros

Easy job, no hassell at all

Cons

Overtime comes into the picture during peak season

More training

Good

Pros

The big reason is a good place to work and good atmosphere, good coligues.

Cons

I don't find any difficulties to work in this organization. Iam very happy to work in this kind of enviroment.

Sales grind

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

Good Pay, Steady flow of calls

Cons

Obnoxious customers, call center tracks every idle moment

Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Has improved greatly since I first started

Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II in Denver, CO (US)

Pros

The team I work for is awesome! We are like a family and all get along really well. Our manager rocks and I couldn't ask for a better situation.

Cons

Medical benefits are not the greatest and within my specific expertise/role, there isn't much room to move up.

N/A

Senior Analyst/Developer

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer

Pros

Large company, lots of friendly people. The Satellite TV industry is amazing and DISH now has it's finger in other business types such as Satellite Internet, B2B/Commercial cable systems, Blockbuster Online, Sling Box, and also owns a lot of potential Cell phone bandwidth. The future possibilities are very interesting with this corporation. We also have the best and coolest technology out there with the Hopper/Sling/Dish Anywhere and the new commercial Smart box!

Having been with DISH for almost 15 years, I can say, the last 3 or so have been the best, we have seen a ton of improvement internally, some benefits were made to better suit the employee, some policies became a lot friendlier and more logical. I give Joe Clayton, our new CEO credit for this.

Cons

Only two real complaints here, yearly salary increases are a bit on the low side overall, sure the company wants to stretch it's dollar, but come on, a very good /great yearly review should gross a raise greater than the rate of inflation. Secondly, and this is my largest complaint, health insurance, a family of (4) four, expect a deducible/co-pay that is well into the (5) five figure range. Come on, I could almost pay cash in full for a new Harley-Davidson for this amount! Here is an example, I went to pickup an allergy medicine, the pharmacist asked do you want to pay with insurance or cash? Naturally, I was thinking insurance, but I asked, what is the price difference? $72 with insurance, $12 with-out insurance the pharmacist told me. The good news, both yearly performance raises and the insurance issue should be easy fixes and I believe Joe Clayton and his team of uppers will get them worked out.

Health insurance, make it affordable to see a Doctor please.

Great company, dull job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA (US)

Pros

benefits are great
    401k with matching contributions
    stock purchase program
    upward mobility
    generous bonus system

Cons

boring job
    customers are rude, but thats life

Decent company and getting better.... just please Joe C - keep your politics to yourself!

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Englewood, CO (US)

Pros

Always on the go! I really never get bored, which is a great thing. I love being challenged and challenged I am! DISH is truly trying to improve! The new technology never leaves me bored, always something new! The Work life balance is ok... they do get pretty picking on being at work for 8.5 hours.. then they let up... for me, I work through lunch... try to enforce it, labor laws say other wise :) The compensation is pretty good, can't complain there! My direct management is pretty good, can't say that for everyone else's though.

Cons

The political blame game from the CEO... come on Joe, stop blaming the President for the poor health insurance DISH has... it's not his fault, it's yours and Charlie's! The benefits are pretty poor, 50% 401K matching? Really, from a multi-billion dollar company?

Decent pay good bit of overtime but terrible health insurance

Pros

Decent pay for my area. All the overtime you can handle

Cons

Health insurance is absolutely terrible

Keep up the good work

Great place to work but "kool-aid" spreading supervisors & managers are starting to infest the highly potential El Paso.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Group Lead  in  El Paso, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Group Lead in El Paso, TX (US)

Pros

Very challenging but rewarding work. Working in a production cell gives me the chance to earn bonuses for hitting highly achievable quality and efficiency targets.

Cons

Recently there has been a few supervisors and even some managers that won't stop spreading their "kool-aid" about other leaders of the plant. They are jealous and being selfish and will be the downfall of this plant if they don't stop blasting the team. They're only making themselves look bad. I will continue to do my best as a cell lead and hope they don't burn me too like they did our Director. Since I can't mention them by name, if HR were to do a survey, the same names would come up for sure...

Fire these 5 "salaried" employees or watch the ship sink in El Paso.

Love the job, and the incentives!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Bluefield, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bluefield, WV (US)

Pros

Being able to come into work with a positive mindset and reach your daily goals, and being rewarded for reaching them.

Cons

The only thing that I dread about the job, is that while you have a very positive and optimistic attitude, others (customers) may feel a little different.

Try not to set goals too high. Some customers deserve better attention than others.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!