DISH Reviews

1,792 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,149 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 80 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

WORK PRESSURE

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Environment, nice collegues only these two are meritis.

Cons

too much of work pressure from higher level. full of politics

please improve your pay scale its not at all fair

Exciting and Challenging

Former Employee - Coach in Hyderābād
    Former Employee - Coach in Hyderābād

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy job, no hassell at all

Cons

Overtime comes into the picture during peak season

More training

Good

I worked at DISH as a contractor

Pros

The big reason is a good place to work and good atmosphere, good coligues.

Cons

I don't find any difficulties to work in this organization. Iam very happy to work in this kind of enviroment.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

Current Employee - Site Manager in Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

99% of the people I have had the privilege to work within the past 7 years are some of the most honest, hard-working, caring, and humorous I've ever met. Dish gives us the opportunity to make this a career and not just a job. From Agents to Managers there are opportunities to travel, give personal feedback for improvements, and participate in changes. On every salary level this is a fast paced and tough job with challenges daily. Top performers are rewarded monetarily and/or through career opportunities. The Hilliard CSC is consistently ranked the top site in Dish and it's because of the hard work and dedication of its employees.

Cons

To the 1% of the current and past employees who hide behind an anonymous website to criticize, spread rumors, and blatantly lie....from Teddy Roosevelt's speech commonly called 'The Man in the Arena' I will say this to you: "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." So to those who are not in the ‘arena’ with the rest of us to make Dish, Hilliard, and this team better; I 'm really not interested in your criticism. Come talk to me face to face - you know where my office is.

Our culture is ever changing and improving. We need to keep focus on the positive, recognize those who do well and those who try their hardest. Continue to improve the site from the suggestions we get from our employees. There will always be the ‘naysayers’ but those are the minority. Keep your heads high and keep working hard to make this a great place to work!

Interesting place to work, could be worse

Current Employee - Dr Dish in Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Dr Dish in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people, my team gets me through the days, the free TV, there always seems to be something for free. sick time. Paid time off

Cons

Shift bids, the customers (but that's really any customer service job right?), starting pay could be more, but in reality it could be worse.

Keep trying to improve, seen a lot of improvements over the past few years! Keep trying.

It is a great place to work, for people willing to put in actual work

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dish is a company that is fast paced and hard charging. It has an EXCELLENT track record of identifying hard working employees and rewards them. I have been with Dish for almost 3 years, and in the time I have been here we have undergone massive cultural shifts. Dish is identifying opportunities for improvement and working diligently to improve the employee experience. Dish is a company that is good for people looking for a career and not afraid to work their tail off, do that and you are rewarded. I have a family and so long as I focus on work, while at work I have plenty of free time to spend with my family because I don't have to worry about taking the job home with me. I receive timely and quality feedback, I am paid a fair wage and I get to be part of an organization that mirrors my values.

Cons

The company can be abrasive at times, but ultimately this is something I LOVE about the company. If you can't handle the honest truth about your performance at work then you don't need to work here. You are held accountable for results and if you don't deliver then yes the company takes action against you, this doesn't seem to sit well with a lot of people.

Continue to make improvements and effect change for employees as you have done over the last 2 years. This is a good company that embraces good values such as a strong work ethic. Don't ever lose sight of that.

Good company, hard work but good compensation.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

So far the experience has been a positive one. Managers are always helpful and on hand to help if the need arises. You get to meet new and interesting people everyday and you get to work outside. People love TV which means 90% of the time they are very happy to see you. The starting pay is good and there is usually an opportunity for overtime. There are a lot reward systems in place for techs that are quick and do quality work. Over all it is a good company to work for as far the installer side of it is concerned.

Cons

You are required to sell a decent amount of stuff, the market is saturated so dish has to make money elsewhere, not apposed to this but the quotas per office can be high. Some of the ways in the matrix system are backwards, in other words basically you have no control yet you get a negative point on your matrix.

I would like to see more stuff to sell because as stated before I'm not apposed to selling. The items we sell are good quality but the limited selection of items make it hard to hit quotas. Android tablets are pretty cheap these days, would be cool to see a tablet to sell maybe with some custom software on their like control of the hopper system ( remote, access to live TV on the tablet in the home,easy access to bill view and maybe something to report problems) just some ideas.

Internship

I worked at DISH

Pros

Learned a lot about the business and the overall complexity of it

Cons

Could be boring at times as work load was not enough for an 8 hour a day work week

Excellent

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great support and culture. Dish is not for the faint of heart. It is s fast paced and changing company. If you are up to the challenge then dish is for you.

Cons

None, unless you see change and challenges as cons.

Never lose sight of your most valuable asset, your team.

Great opportunity for hard workers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at DISH Corporate for nearly 3 years, and held 4 positions. The career opportunities offered at DISH are nearly unrivaled. I was fortunate enough to have managers who listened, helped me grow, and ultimately I earned not only promotions within my team, but was awarded the opportunity to step into a role in a different field of work when I spoke up and expressed interest. DISH expects a lot from their employees, but hard work and results are rewarded. While starting salaries may not be the highest in the industry, DISH rewards hard-working employees with performance-based increases; additionally, non-salary financial benefits are pretty great for today's marketplace - 401k with match, profit sharing, ESPP, HSA, etc.

Cons

Some policies and aspects of corporate culture are becoming antiquated, though not outside the realm of reasonable expectations (i.e., "core hours", where more and more companies are providing increased flexibility to their workforce).