DISH

1,880 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,208 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

WORK PRESSURE

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Environment, nice collegues only these two are meritis.

Cons

too much of work pressure from higher level. full of politics

please improve your pay scale its not at all fair

Exciting and Challenging

Former Employee - Coach in Hyderābād
    Former Employee - Coach in Hyderābād

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy job, no hassell at all

Cons

Overtime comes into the picture during peak season

More training

Good

I worked at DISH as a contractor

Pros

The big reason is a good place to work and good atmosphere, good coligues.

Cons

I don't find any difficulties to work in this organization. Iam very happy to work in this kind of enviroment.

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mid-level leadership has improved in the last couple years, and the employees are generally good people. There is opportunity to grow a career and work on really exciting projects with little past experience.

Cons

Badge report is back! No matter how many 60 hour work weeks you put in expect to be lambasted endlessly for coming in after 9 regardless of the reason why.

Emancipate yourselves from Charlie, make real decisions about the quality of life you're providing for employees and allow lower level managers to make decisions. Stop castrating your frontline management staff, as only the best of them will take the blame in front of their employees.

Good place to get your foot in the door for this type of work.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

4 days on 3 days off work schedule (except in the summer with mandatory overtime 5 on 2 off.) Plenty of money to make with this company. Incentive plan setup to give bonuses to you for performing well $50 to $350 extra per paycheck for exceptional performance. Selling products at appointments can earn you points to purchase anything from tv's to vacations.

Cons

At times the stress level is outrageous especially when you are new. Sometimes the workload will have you coming home very late. If there are problems that arise at a job it could mean that you will be there a lot longer than you wanted/were given time for. If customers cancel the appointment instead of rescheduling if will probably affect the amount of bonus you are going to get. (There is a completion rate that is expected for jobs and depending on the reason for not completing the job your numbers may be affected greatly sharply declining that bonus incentive.)

I think it would be a good idea to have technicians work in pairs sometimes, especially for big jobs. Many times I worked long hours because I was by myself but with a second person we could have finished the job in half the time.

Could be better to emplyees, love the employees

I worked at DISH

Pros

great people, great building, everyone hangs out outside of work

Cons

poor management, not a lot of respect, rewards wrong workers

treat employees better that show hard work and dedication.

Really...

Current Employee - DNW Support Representative in Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Current Employee - DNW Support Representative in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Career Path
    - Performance Bonus/Upsell bonuses, trips, cars etc.
    - Better Schedules which include AM shifts
    - Better Coaches

Cons

I'm currently in a new skill called DNW. At first, management was very supportive of us and the coaches in DNW. Then we got told by our coaches that the skill has been around for a while now and that "we cannot be babied" any further, which was a message that came down from the managers. Really? First of all, the trainers were great and all and helped us understand the basics, but communicating with centurylink is a nightmare and the wait times for customers for certain processes is tedious and ludicrous. Meanwhile, we adapted to this new skill with no pay raise. It remains difficult and I believe our metrics show that. Try walking in our shoes for a day. You will see. The struggle is real. Plain and simple. I read a post about flirting. Well, it's true. The only time a specific manager is in our pods, is when a certain employee that is also in the military, is present at work. It's completely obvious. I mean come on. When you are seen in this person's vehicle coming in to work sometimes or out in public. they make it known. When this person is at work. Again...really? Also, when I worked ET and sat near this person, the manager was texting them. Brave. All I'm saying when did professionalism get thrown out the window? Smh!

- Be more professional. Get it together and fix it.
    - Support your new skills 100%, consistently.
    - Fight harder for a pay-raise for the hardest skill DNW.
    - Stop flirting, and start supporting.
    - To the Director & Senior Manager- Choose better next time when it comes to hiring your next manager. For real.

Great company to gain valuable skills and knowledge of the industry.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Impressive training courses, great benefits, extra pay incentives for performance, and team oriented atmosphere focused on success. Fantastic company to work for, I thoroughly enjoyed my training with Matt R. at the Riverfront-Littleton, CO location. He gave me all the tools and knowledge I need for personal and professional success. I have never worked for a company with such friendly and knowledgeable employees, and I believe those that complain about this company do not invest in their own success and therefore are not rewarded by the company. Put in the effort and the company will take care of you, and reward you for your work.

Cons

There are many challenges to overcome on a daily basis, the interview and training process can become overwhelming, and there is not much available time to complete all necessary tasks. With good time management and organization these obstacles are easily overcome.

I would advise management to offer more one-on-one training opportunities to the employees that may struggle in certain areas as well as less restriction on the time taken between calls while working on issues of customer service (updating memos, etc.) but overall it's a good company to work for.

Was very interesting work experience. Traveled across the country and met new people .

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a great experience right after the college. Great atmosphere and work environment.

Cons

Hiring process was tooooo long. It took forever for HR people to move application forward.

Keep doing the great job and look for recent college grads.

Good Learning company

I worked at DISH

Pros

very structured, room for growth

Cons

always striving for employees to do more with less time, quality and customer service suffered