DISH

1,857 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,198 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

Very good

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Independent work and positive attitude

Cons

Long hours and drive times

Good company, hard work but good compensation.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

So far the experience has been a positive one. Managers are always helpful and on hand to help if the need arises. You get to meet new and interesting people everyday and you get to work outside. People love TV which means 90% of the time they are very happy to see you. The starting pay is good and there is usually an opportunity for overtime. There are a lot reward systems in place for techs that are quick and do quality work. Over all it is a good company to work for as far the installer side of it is concerned.

Cons

You are required to sell a decent amount of stuff, the market is saturated so dish has to make money elsewhere, not apposed to this but the quotas per office can be high. Some of the ways in the matrix system are backwards, in other words basically you have no control yet you get a negative point on your matrix.

I would like to see more stuff to sell because as stated before I'm not apposed to selling. The items we sell are good quality but the limited selection of items make it hard to hit quotas. Android tablets are pretty cheap these days, would be cool to see a tablet to sell maybe with some custom software on their like control of the hopper system ( remote, access to live TV on the tablet in the home,easy access to bill view and maybe something to report problems) just some ideas.

A company that I do not mind waking up on Monday mornings for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities to move up in the company. Dish is a company that values and rewards its employees by trying to fill any open positions internally first. Many positions are in Dish's corporate headquarters and as such they offer relocation reimbursement.

They also go to great lengths to gather the feedback of their employees on how to improve the culture. When they were named the worst company to work for two years in a row they really committed to turn around the employee sentiment. I have been with the company for over six years. I have lasted through the years when they didn't value their employees and I am really happy to see what they have done so far. Every year they conduct an anonymous survey from every employee. They take a few of the biggest items every year, focus their efforts on fixing them and take steps to make sure that those issues do not come back again.

Cons

Their health insurance has a very high deductible. It is difficult to pull some teams off the phones because of call volume. They do not have as many paid holiday's and vacation days as other companies.

Keep listening to your employees on what to improve.

Internship

I worked at DISH

Pros

Learned a lot about the business and the overall complexity of it

Cons

Could be boring at times as work load was not enough for an 8 hour a day work week

installation tech

Former Employee - Dish Network Installer in Marietta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Dish Network Installer in Marietta, GA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offers average pay. There is a month long training program with classroom and on the job training before you are sent off by yourself in the van.

Cons

You are giving strict safety rules and are then expected to secretly break them to get the installation done. Driving speeds and idle time are closely monitored by supervisors.

Get rid of the van idle timer. Often you have cut the van off and restart while you are using the computer system to avoid getting an idle warning sent to your supervisor.

Excellent

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great support and culture. Dish is not for the faint of heart. It is s fast paced and changing company. If you are up to the challenge then dish is for you.

Cons

None, unless you see change and challenges as cons.

Never lose sight of your most valuable asset, your team.

Great opportunity for hard workers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at DISH Corporate for nearly 3 years, and held 4 positions. The career opportunities offered at DISH are nearly unrivaled. I was fortunate enough to have managers who listened, helped me grow, and ultimately I earned not only promotions within my team, but was awarded the opportunity to step into a role in a different field of work when I spoke up and expressed interest. DISH expects a lot from their employees, but hard work and results are rewarded. While starting salaries may not be the highest in the industry, DISH rewards hard-working employees with performance-based increases; additionally, non-salary financial benefits are pretty great for today's marketplace - 401k with match, profit sharing, ESPP, HSA, etc.

Cons

Some policies and aspects of corporate culture are becoming antiquated, though not outside the realm of reasonable expectations (i.e., "core hours", where more and more companies are providing increased flexibility to their workforce).

Constant Struggle

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great co-workers, discounted tv, bonues for meeting metrics, bonuses when you sell items. depending on position take home vehicle, pay is good.

Cons

benefits are horrible high deductibles, get scored off of metrics that you have absolutely no control over, management plays favorites, horrible hours, no set schedule constantly changing.and are never informed when it is changed.

treat everyone equal, stop with all the micro mananging

Not bad if you can deal with a crazy work schedule

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The money money and money

Cons

Benefits, work - life balance

Figure out benefits

Still the worst company to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people they hire have potential.

Cons

You feel like you can loose your job at any moment. Management overlooks the employees that work hard. Every year the company fires people just so they can bring in new people and pay them less. This is a very greedy company that does not care about how long you have worked there or how many contributions you contributed, eventually they let everyone go. I can't wait to find another job so I can quit before they fire me like everyone else.

Be fair.