DISH Reviews

1,747 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,117 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 72 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons (in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights

They tried to improve, Didn't last long

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II/Retention  in  Harlingen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II/Retention in Harlingen, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It pays ok. Some holidays off

Cons

Overseas agents lying to customers leaving us to clean up the mess. Management plays games and doesn't care about employees. No accountability until someone sues.

Senior management need their thumbs more on the individual centers. They need to listen more to agents and realize what the issues are that are making veteran agents leave for pay cuts just to get out of here. GET RID OF THE OVERSEAS CENTERS.

Pay can be good but as an employee your just a number

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay, a lot of good people to work with. They do fun events and free stuff and a lot of food days, steady employment,

Cons

They give a lot of promises that they don't keep. Horrible schedules and working all holidays. Your just a number they tell you there is a lot of opportunity for advancement but make it almost impossible to do so. You are held to impossible standard and get write ups etc when not performing to these impossible standards. There is more bad days that good and of course answering to rude customers.

Care more about your employees if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have a successful company or a job.

Old school method

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good place to learn.

Cons

You should come to work before 9:00 am if you are late by even a minute, come after lunch and lose your half day pay. They more focus on discipline, instead of productivity.
    Higher post employees don't trust their managers and micro manage everything.
    Don's spend time on internet (office machine) as they track internet usability, but you can spend eight hours browsing on your smart phone or tablet.
    Cafeteria sucks big time. Highly priced and not many options to choose from. Almost same kind of menu every week. If you are soup lover, they server same soup what they served yesterday.

Stop following old school method and look for employee's productivity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad job

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bad placed to work for

Cons

Stay away from dish network

Stop forcing people to sale. We are technician for satellite not sale department

Underpaid and Overworked, taken advantage of. Unappreciated.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Hilliard, OH (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some really nice people, made long term friendships.

Cons

Mandatory overtime with little notice, even during the holidays. Unrealistic expectations, for little appreciation.

Learn to appreciate and reward your loyal employees, instead of working them to death. And get some professional management.

There are some fabulous people working at DISH. But the culture there is extremely negative.

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is okay
    Some great people
    A job there pushes you to develop your skills (at least in IT)

Cons

Poor treatment of workers from India
    Poor communication
    Tons of worthless meetings
    Don't make accommodations for highly skilled people

Trim the number of meetings; reconsider hiring people from India if you're not going to treat them well; if a programmer is outstanding at programming, but has poor social skills, keep in mind why you have a programmer and make accommodations for his poor social skills; consider giving IT workers more flexibility schedule wise;

Ok if you like that kind of work

Former Employee - Dish Network Installer  in  Loveland, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Dish Network Installer in Loveland, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love installing dish systems, you keep busy

Cons

have to work out in all types of bad weather
    pay not great

Pay good employees better

Great place to work but "kool-aid" spreading supervisors & managers are starting to infest the highly potential El Paso.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Group Lead  in  El Paso, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Group Lead in El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very challenging but rewarding work. Working in a production cell gives me the chance to earn bonuses for hitting highly achievable quality and efficiency targets.

Cons

Recently there has been a few supervisors and even some managers that won't stop spreading their "kool-aid" about other leaders of the plant. They are jealous and being selfish and will be the downfall of this plant if they don't stop blasting the team. They're only making themselves look bad. I will continue to do my best as a cell lead and hope they don't burn me too like they did our Director. Since I can't mention them by name, if HR were to do a survey, the same names would come up for sure...

Fire these 5 "salaried" employees or watch the ship sink in El Paso.

Senior Analyst/Developer

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large company, lots of friendly people. The Satellite TV industry is amazing and DISH now has it's finger in other business types such as Satellite Internet, B2B/Commercial cable systems, Blockbuster Online, Sling Box, and also owns a lot of potential Cell phone bandwidth. The future possibilities are very interesting with this corporation. We also have the best and coolest technology out there with the Hopper/Sling/Dish Anywhere and the new commercial Smart box!

Having been with DISH for almost 15 years, I can say, the last 3 or so have been the best, we have seen a ton of improvement internally, some benefits were made to better suit the employee, some policies became a lot friendlier and more logical. I give Joe Clayton, our new CEO credit for this.

Cons

Only two real complaints here, yearly salary increases are a bit on the low side overall, sure the company wants to stretch it's dollar, but come on, a very good /great yearly review should gross a raise greater than the rate of inflation. Secondly, and this is my largest complaint, health insurance, a family of (4) four, expect a deducible/co-pay that is well into the (5) five figure range. Come on, I could almost pay cash in full for a new Harley-Davidson for this amount! Here is an example, I went to pickup an allergy medicine, the pharmacist asked do you want to pay with insurance or cash? Naturally, I was thinking insurance, but I asked, what is the price difference? $72 with insurance, $12 with-out insurance the pharmacist told me. The good news, both yearly performance raises and the insurance issue should be easy fixes and I believe Joe Clayton and his team of uppers will get them worked out.

Health insurance, make it affordable to see a Doctor please.

Sales grind

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Steady flow of calls

Cons

Obnoxious customers, call center tracks every idle moment

Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!