DISH Reviews

1,765 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,133 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 77 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 108 reviews)

More Highlights

Pay can be good but as an employee your just a number

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay, a lot of good people to work with. They do fun events and free stuff and a lot of food days, steady employment,

Cons

They give a lot of promises that they don't keep. Horrible schedules and working all holidays. Your just a number they tell you there is a lot of opportunity for advancement but make it almost impossible to do so. You are held to impossible standard and get write ups etc when not performing to these impossible standards. There is more bad days that good and of course answering to rude customers.

Care more about your employees if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have a successful company or a job.

No communications between management. No consistency and managers are unprofessional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is fair for a good starting rate, always room for advancement . Lots of small employee perks.

Cons

Work/life balam]nce, mandatory overtime, employees treated not treated as an asset to the company. When being promoted not training and setting up for failure. Upper management protects themselves and covers up their own HR issues including regional HR managers. Attrition is very high due to turnover of mismanagement.

Management pays no attention to employee engagement surveys or how the employees truly feel. Each call center has the good ole boys mentaility. Not promoted on what you know but who likes you and what you know.

They tried to improve, Didn't last long

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II/Retention  in  Harlingen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II/Retention in Harlingen, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It pays ok. Some holidays off

Cons

Overseas agents lying to customers leaving us to clean up the mess. Management plays games and doesn't care about employees. No accountability until someone sues.

Senior management need their thumbs more on the individual centers. They need to listen more to agents and realize what the issues are that are making veteran agents leave for pay cuts just to get out of here. GET RID OF THE OVERSEAS CENTERS.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They'll get you one day

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved how many people I worked with and the friends I made. Recognition for achievements was pretty good. The pay is great....especially around here.

Cons

Everyone knew at a certain point they'd get rid of you.. usually around the time you were fully vested in your 401k. It was very obvious when they would start looking for reasons to fire you. 7 year or more employees would be let go for the smallest things. Don't expect ANY scheduling flexibility.

Scheduling flexibility would improve morale.

My experience as a summer intern with DISH.

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH as an intern for less than a year

Pros

DISH has a great company culture in a very exciting industry. I enjoyed the people that I worked with a lot and thought that upper management did a lot to make working at DISH fun and exciting.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a little lopsided at times but most of the time that is dictated by how efficient you are at managing your time and getting your work done during the day.

I hope management continues to improve upon what they are doing with their attempts to increase their employees experience working at DISH (i.e. World Cup celebrations, summer concerts, 14er hikes, etc.).

Old school method

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good place to learn.

Cons

You should come to work before 9:00 am if you are late by even a minute, come after lunch and lose your half day pay. They more focus on discipline, instead of productivity.
    Higher post employees don't trust their managers and micro manage everything.
    Don's spend time on internet (office machine) as they track internet usability, but you can spend eight hours browsing on your smart phone or tablet.
    Cafeteria sucks big time. Highly priced and not many options to choose from. Almost same kind of menu every week. If you are soup lover, they server same soup what they served yesterday.

Stop following old school method and look for employee's productivity.

Underpaid and Overworked, taken advantage of. Unappreciated.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Hilliard, OH (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some really nice people, made long term friendships.

Cons

Mandatory overtime with little notice, even during the holidays. Unrealistic expectations, for little appreciation.

Learn to appreciate and reward your loyal employees, instead of working them to death. And get some professional management.

Bad job

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bad placed to work for

Cons

Stay away from dish network

Stop forcing people to sale. We are technician for satellite not sale department

Dish Network As a Whole

Current Employee - Dish Tech l  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Dish Tech l in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people and good benefits. I have no complaint about anybody that keeps you busy and helps me keep my family fed and housed. Dish treats me fairly and compensates based on what I give back in performance. I couldn't ask for any better. Every company has rules put in place to protect you and them, Dish is no different. Work is for those who want to work.

Cons

I cannot at this time think of anything that would require a negative comment about Dish. They are in line with any corporation or company in business today that is customer driven and based on home installs in regards to policies and rules for safety and quality.

Overall good work enviroment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at DISH part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible with me while I was going through Chemotherapy. Generally coworkers were nice and the company had a decent incentive program

Cons

Some of the customer's were very rude, but you had to learn to deal with it

Have a part time CSR position. I loved it

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!