Dakkota Integrated systems

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

My experience was great.

Material Handler (Former Employee) Brownstown, MI (US)

ProsThe people there are very friendly.

ConsThere are no challeges working there.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

A decent job

Operator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe work is fairly easy. Not much thought required. OT is available with seniority. Benefits are pretty good.

ConsAlways start at the same time in the morning, but you do not always leave at the same time. Could be a four hour day or a twelve hour day depending on the customer needs and if the computers/machines work properly. Can be physically demanding and the pay is a little low for the toll your body takes. Also is a union job so the are several drawbacks that go with that

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your machines

Dakkota-Their motto "Great place to work.

Shipper (Former Employee) Trenton, MI (US)

ProsA lot of overtime. You do learn a variety of skills.

ConsI have worked in Assembly and Warehousing for over 20 years. This place is a joke. The Pay is too low for hi lo skills. They let employee's get away with sleeping on the job. Team leaders' are dictators.(Favoritism) They take away lunch breaks for punishment. Very unsafe workplace. The Safety supervisor is a lazy joke. Management makes up policy rules as they wish.
    Minority specified hiring-A person should be hired for their skills. NOT ethnic background, sex or color.
    Then HR gets a large bonus check for the numbers. While the employees who actually do the hard work barley makes enough to live on.I have watched employees get off work leave the job for several hours and return to punch out. Management is aware of this. They get paid off off by these employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeadquarters should look into this. That warehouse has a lot of potential, but they need to clean house and remove these problems.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former Employee

Supervisor (Former Employee) Lansing, MI (US)

ProsEveryone was friendly, upper management was approachable

ConsLike most companies at this time it is cutting of heads in the workforce to stay competitvie

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communitcation with the associates on line.

My experience was a learning experience on have to put cars together.

Production Leader (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsLeadership roles are easy to obtain all you need is a strong work ethic mentality.

ConsThe heavy work loads, hardly anytime for a single life. I would say it can be a family man dream job.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can be very fair with great workers in crisis situations.

Great company, but the hours can be rough

Material Coordinator (Current Employee) Lansing, MI (US)

ProsThey have a culture of clearly defined job responsibilities, removing the need for helicopter management. I know what I need to do, and I know my manager will trust me to do it as long as I'm not screwing up. Helpful HR department, good benefits, and they're flexible with personal needs regarding time off.

ConsBeing an automotive supplier, the company runs a 24-hour operation. I work a late evening shift, and the hours are getting to be a strain on my health and happiness. If there were a position available on first shift, I'd probably move, but then I'd be starting at 6am. The job also demands a lot of overtime. Nobody is working on an 8-5 schedule, as far as I can tell. That's automotive for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints. Keep it up.

Worst company ever, the best day of my life was my last day at Dakkota........

Plant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLocal plant culture was team orientated and high performing

ConsCOO was a dictator sourrounded by yes men...does not care about employees
    No work life ballance
    Puntiive culture, need to place blame
    Mocro managers for top down
    Directors operate in a CYA mode and usually get ahead at someones expense
    Dakkota culture is a joke, no meaning behind this program, its taylored for hourly employees while salaried EE's are forced to work 7 days a week....and have in many cases had to sleep in their office to keep up with poor launches and inept systems causing customer issues

Advice to Senior ManagementDump top management and start over...focus on the employees, training, and stop the politics and back stabbing

Worked for Dakkota Integrated systems? Contribute to the Community!