Danone

www.danone.com

Danone Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Danone – “Danone head office (Photo thanks to Wikipedia…”

Danone Chairman and CEO Franck Riboud

Franck Riboud

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are not too lasy to do your job in time(in 3 reviews)

• Good social connections between employes(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much internal politics and struggle between departments(in 3 reviews)

• Danone is a chauvinistic company as all the management team in Russia are French, the internal politics is common(in 5 reviews)

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsLots of freedom to implement your skills; many fun company events; friendly work environment; free food!

Consoffice politics in the HR department;
    hard to get promoted after an internship;
    low internship salary in Amsterdam office

Advice to Senior Managementtake in new blood

Very bad culture in Dubai Office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsFree yogurt and water. nuthing else

ConsToo much internal politics , extremely bad management, HR behavior appalling.
    Incompetent people at management level

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management needs to be changed in Dubai

Great place to work

ProsThe company has wonderful health benefits and 401K options.

ConsPromotions are slow although it depends on your department

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic company to work, depending on the country you are.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

ProsValues initiative and achievements at a personal level, good recognition via bonus and senior management respect, politics relatively easy to navigate, general good organizational culture

ConsPromotions are slow, HR behaviour appalling. Barcelona office is largely a team of old school catalan dinossaurs (hardly anyone speaks english well, apart from new people, mostly ex-pats). once these dinos retire the company might have a chance to be more competitive, open, innovative.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the jurassic team in Spain (specially HR) and value new talent, promote quick.

It's OK. Nothing special ot exciting

Supply Chain (Former Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsGood social benefits. Supply chain team is strong and helpfull.

ConsToo much internal politics and struggle between departments. Some benefits are restricted only to Sales and Marketing departments (team buildings, etc.)

Graduate

Graduate (Current Employee) Trowbridge, England (UK)

ProsThe graduate scheme offers real roles, great benefits and rewards, nice culture

Conssometimes you have to work longer hours but nothing major

Trade Marketing Assistant for the Away from Home channel

Trade Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsGreat company culture, people are open and friendly. Lots of learning in a short duration.

ConsProjects move quite slowly in this department due to lack of resources and complexity in the decision making process.

Amazing Work Place

ProsCODE (Comitment, Openess, Doers, Empower) culture company

Consvarous task but mazing experience

Pathetic culture and dysfunctional setup

Marketing (Former Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsFree yogurt that you get in the office..thats about it!

ConsUnaligned and dysfunctional setup. They can restructure the organization in a day and from one department shift you to another(despite your career path) or simply ask you to leave! With no clear reasoning. Too much politics and management makes fake plans till their temporary tenure and the lower management takes the brunt of their mistakes. No job security or even department security..they could shift you from supply chain to research! No clear career paths and everyone is working in circles and trying to make the other look bad, instead of focusing on the present problems in hand. No strong leaders and airheads running the show...!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and share your worries with the lower management
    Work as a team, and not a dictator set up on which you alienate the hardworker and put your mistakes on a poor scapegoat. Own up to your mistakes and solve them. stop the blame game!You will lose and are losing good employees who will never even think of ever returning back

Great company culture and values!

ProsGreat enviroment with good colleagues and benefits as well. Good place for people who put family as first priority.

ConsNot very structured. Lacking a lot of systems and processes.

Worked for Danone? Contribute to the Community!