Danone

www.danone.com

Danone Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Danone – “Danone head office (Photo thanks to Wikipedia…”

Danone Chairman and CEO Franck Riboud

Franck Riboud

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are not too lasy to do your job in time(in 3 reviews)

• Good social connections between employes(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much internal politics and struggle between departments(in 3 reviews)

• Danone is a chauvinistic company as all the management team in Russia are French, the internal politics is common(in 5 reviews)

Pathetic culture and dysfunctional setup

Marketing (Former Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsFree yogurt that you get in the office..thats about it!

ConsUnaligned and dysfunctional setup. They can restructure the organization in a day and from one department shift you to another(despite your career path) or simply ask you to leave! With no clear reasoning. Too much politics and management makes fake plans till their temporary tenure and the lower management takes the brunt of their mistakes. No job security or even department security..they could shift you from supply chain to research! No clear career paths and everyone is working in circles and trying to make the other look bad, instead of focusing on the present problems in hand. No strong leaders and airheads running the show...!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and share your worries with the lower management
    Work as a team, and not a dictator set up on which you alienate the hardworker and put your mistakes on a poor scapegoat. Own up to your mistakes and solve them. stop the blame game!You will lose and are losing good employees who will never even think of ever returning back

Great experience to learn to multitask and work in a stressful environment

Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) Almaty (Kazakhstan)

ProsGreat working conditions, professionalism, good payment.

ConsHowever, due to specification of the product line of the company working mode is always in an extreme rush, incredibly short deadlines, high stress level.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more cooperation between offices internationally. Provide more support to departments with big projects, budget planning needs improvements as well.

Danone gaves me a lot of useful things that I need in my career. I learned a lot about Business Development, Sales etc.

Junior Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Almaty (Kazakhstan)

ProsYou work with dairy products. Mission of danone is: "BRINGING HEALTH THROUGH FOOD TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE". And You are part of this strategy.

ConsMany people leave their jobs. Danone do not try detain them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good but can be better

(Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, work life balance. Friendly colleagues in general, at least in front of you but becareful there are backstabbings/politics. Good for those who put family as 1st priority above career and want a stable job without much stress

ConsPolitics, boring, lack of support & direction from mgmt. Not good for those who are ambitious, who wants to climb the career ladder and seeking a challenging and exciting career.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear strategy and work with the team. Recognize the effort of those who perform and not just base on skin color or nationality

Human

Manager (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsStrong leadership, global company but with a local touch

Conscould benefit from a more international leadership

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Great company for interning, a lot of responsibilities and support from the company to learn.

Pros- High responsibilities
    - Good working environment

Cons- You have to be able to be very flexible and adapt to change (fast-pace working)

Very good school

Brand Manager (Former Employee) Prague (Czech Republic)

ProsLocal marketing, therefore variety of very interesting projects. Mostly nice colleagues.

ConsMicro management. Meeting & presentations culture. A lot of overtime. Not transparent yearly salary increases and promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency towards performance review/career planning needed. FOCUS, employees do not have unlimited time at their disposals.

focussed on financial growth at any cost

Director (Current Employee) Jakarta (Indonesia)

Prosyoung staff, growing, aggressive planning, strong financial focus, no regional layers

Consno career planning, false promises for career, capacity not mkt led planning, investments

Advice to Senior Managementbesides french other people hv talent too. dont be so euro centric

Good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work and learning environment.

ConsMicro management from seniors staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou recruited staff.
    Have courage and faith in thrm to deliver. Dont micro manage them.

To call the experience dreadful would be an understatement.

Danone Baby Nutrition (Former Employee) Bath, England (UK)

Pros- good image based on marketing material they give away;
    - apparently employee-friendly policies (although I never witnessed them)
    - Joined to get experience in the sector

ConsPretty much everything but will structure more below:
    - People. I've had the worst experience of my life working for this company. I joined with the expectation of becoming a part of the Danone community that they so much advertise internally; in return I was treated like an outsider from the outset as the majority of people there had the same upbringing, values, culture, eating habits, discussion topics; I was the odd man out. It soon became clear to me I could not integrate in this company;

- Management. Very bad and utterly destructive. In the department I worked, all communication was taken place on an horizontal dimension, basically all bosses would stick together for better and worse and turn against their own individual employees when required.Another point: work expertise; every so often, managers would have absolutely no clue of the work their subordinates were doing every day. In moments of crisis, they would be totally stuck and helpless and then would blame the subordinates for making a mistake and incurring costs on the company. If things went well, they would take the credit; if things went badly, they would be the first to explode and put all evil on the back of their subordinates.

- Defficient communication - this company is the best example of how double-standards are best practised in a corporate environment. On the facade, Danone advocates open, honest communication;in reality, there was none of it in the department I was working. If for example, you did something wrong, nobody would come to tell you directly and help you improve; by contrast they would approach their own bosses, HR, or any other parties, apart from yourself. By the time you get to hear anything at all, everyone else knows very well what all is wrong with you. Dreadful approach.

- Extremely hierarchical in reality - Danone promotes itself of a great company with a wide range of benefits where everyone gets on with everyone and everyone works together for the common good of the company. Sounds a bit socialist, doesnt it? Well, the reality is quite different. If you join new, bosses in the entire department will expect you to behave in a certain way just because they are sitting at the ruling desk (and yes, watch out, there is actually a management row of desks in this department where all bosses sit by themselves, far from their teams, I think this needs no further explanation)...

And sadly, there is so much more, I could write a book about the emotional misery incurred on me by this company, but it's high time I moved on.

If I were you, I would conduct the background check carefully before joining the Danone world. Good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, please see above the references to management.

Worked for Danone? Contribute to the Community!