Dell

3.3 3,519 reviews

Dell Chairman and CEO Michael S. Dell

Michael S. Dell

(2,177 ratings)

Pros
  • work life balance; flexible work hours; empowered individual contributors (in 468 reviews)

• They give you a very nice laptop and dock so you can work from home when needed (in 158 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can become a challenge; frequent reorganizations affect work quality (in 146 reviews)

• The senior management reporting to Michael is very uneven with a couple of real bozos (in 75 reviews)

More Highlights
3,519 Employee Reviews

Working with Dell

Storage Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsBest work like balance

ConsLocation of the company, lot of traffic

Advice to Senior Managementnone

SVC IT dev Sr. Assoc 2

Svc IT Dev Program Senior Associate II (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood learning opportunity, good work-life balance, lots of activities happening like visiting schools for social cause, etc.

ConsAll the appreciations does not turn into appraisal or hike because of changing HR policies,
    no onsite opportunity.. even if anyone gets it (only at grade IG and above .. SVC IT dev Sr. Assoc 2 being ID grade), it not more than 15 days

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should re-look into HR policies that in some cases do injustice to the employees.. like the policy for promotion.. promotion from grade ID to IE will happen only if someone has completed 1 year as on 31st Jan.. because of this freshers who completed 1 year got the promotion and hike but the employees who have 3+ years exp but less than 1 year in Dell (as on 31Jan) were still on lesser grade.

Has been an awesome learning experience

Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsLearning is immense and can gain knowledge.

Conssometimes Leaders can be a caus of concern if you are not in the right department.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Work Culture.

Client Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsBeing a part of a creative team with great Ideas. A balanced work environment focused on both Employees and Customers. All in all, its like a business school where everyday is a learning.

ConsI have'nt come across any Cons that I can mention. Every quater there is something new lined up that makes it a little difficult for an employee to get adapted to.

Awesome

Software Developer (Current Employee) Noida

ProsA good workplace for work

ConsSlow in recognizing employees for their efforts

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear on certain points

As long as team is good the work experience is awesome.

User Experience Designer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsI had a great manager, so work was great.
    People are friendly.
    Campus is green :)
    Abroad oppertunity

Consno salary hike :( very limited
    no perks

Its always exciting to work with Dell with a good leadership team across the globe.

Applications Management Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsThe assistance from management is the key factor which will help individuals grow considering the individual development plan. People need not to switch companies to work into different role, where as there are good internal job options available to help individuals grow considering their career growth plan.

ConsThere are no opportunities to move across the regions, which is considered to be an important factor these days. The opportunities for training and development are less. Even for the hard working people it is impossible to expect an onsite opportunity. This is a highest backlog due to which people leave the organization in terms to fly other countries by switching companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new options of onsite opportunities helping worthy individuals get required visibility. It is always valid to give required attention to the key people by providing them necessary support and explore options.

good work culture

Senior Advisor (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsCutting Age Technologies is getting used here

ConsOpen work culture in the team

Advice to Senior ManagementWork from home options

Great place to work

Finance Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsVery flexible, US culture, Fun. US managers are terrific to work with.

ConsPay. Also we had a set of lady colleagues who misused the policy benefits to down play the performing candidates citing behavioral issues to the HR and management. Be wary of Indian managers - there are rotten apples.

My experience with Dell was amazing.

Resolution Expert (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsIf I am able to finish the work assigned to me, I am good to go.

ConsToo much of internal politics.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!