Deloitte LLP

Deloitte LLP CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

393 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to start a career

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCan create your own career trajectory
Many different services in which to specialize
Good comp

ConsMay be difficult to find a mentor

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great experience and salary

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat mentorship and leadership programs

ConsNo work life balance and quality of life

Great company with great cultural, amazing ppl.

Specialist Senior (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of training for your own interest, benefits is the best comparing to the other Big Four as I know.

ConsNeed to find the project by your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementSatisfied with the management team.

Great place to work.

ERS Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Fast paced.
- Best and the brightest to work with.
- Top end technology and resources like ultrabooks, iPhone 5s.
- Best tools to make your job easier.
- Work life Balance (no really, over the the whole year).
- Compassionate managers.
- Own your career.

Cons- Pay could be better (but you go up fast).
- Your entire experience will depend on the project you are assigned.
- Review process is lengthy and drawn out.
- Sales! Sales! Sales!
- During busy season, it's busy.
- Own your own career, so if you fail, it's on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat i would like to see is: Less focus on what resources fill what need and focus on what the end goal is. Too often resources are just pulled around haphazardly and then they are just set up to fail. If you pull a marketing major in to program algorithms, obviously it's going to fail for both the engagement and the resource.
Don't bottle people into an industry. Once one industry contracts let the next expansion flourish. All to often good people will leave when they could leverage knowledge in another industry.

What you are doing well: Letting people own their career. Letting people take the initiative to make a difference. Keeping the focus on happy people matter.

Great place to start a career

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunities abound to explore pretty much anything you might be interested in. That doesn't preclude having to work hard to find it, and to be successful while you're doing it, but the opportunity is there. Moreover the brand is on the up-and-up; the acquisition of Monitor Group in 2013 has really expanded brand permission into a number of new and interesting client spaces. If an entry-level hire takes advantage of all the leadership and interesting client engagements the firm has to offer (as mentioned, that might take some digging), exit opportunities won't be bad either.

ConsPersonal experience has shown those in their first 3-5 years at the firm, and the truly rockstar partners, make the firm run on a day to day basis. Unfortunately the firm has a hard time training and retaining effective management (Senior Consultant to Senior Manager, especially fresh MBAs) which may make life difficult for lower staff, on average. This may be an industry-wide critique, however

Awesome Company High Expectations

Federal Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than a year

ProsOutstanding benefits, pay, and time-off. Leadership really cares about the development of the younger and entry level positions. Opportunity for advancement is based on a 2 year plan and is basically an automatic promotion. Training facility and learning experiences in Texas are unbeatable. Great young work environment as well and you can move projects easily if you are not happy with your current client. Work averages about 50 hours per week.

ConsExtremely competitive and compared through rating system which reflects raises to colleagues in all aspects. Hard to keep up with client, firm, and proposal initiatives. If you are not from feeder schools i.e. Virginia Tech, UVA, JMU, etc. you will have trouble getting the major opportunities associated with the connections through alumni.

High expectations, high reward

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA lot of focus on career development with ample resources if you want to take advantage of them. If you put in the effort, you will be rewarded. It's a great place if you want to learn and grow your career.

ConsNot much work-life balance. Requires a lot of networking outside of your client work. Not the place to be if you just want to be a worker bee.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Consultant in Cyber Risk Services

ERS Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a great, collaborative environment, and the opportunities for learning and plotting your own course are unparalelled.

ConsRelated to the "Pro" - the size of the company means it can be hard for some to find a foothold.

Some good, some bad

Consulting Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to start a career as there are many training and development opportunities available to employees. Finding an effective mentor and/or champion can make or break your career here. Generally speaking, your colleagues will be smart and hard working.

Fairly decent compensation and bonus structure if you don't actually look at it on an hourly basis. :-)

ConsDespite all of the lip service paid to "career-life fit" this seems more aimed at external organizations for the purposes of PR and recruiting. Note that it is not referred to as "work-life balance" because given the expected hours and contributions it is hard to demonstrate any balance.

Performance reviews and promotions despite good intentions are still too dependent on who you know and how effective your career counselor is in their due diligence and presentation. Unfortunately this is not usually someone you work with on a day-to-day basis. Feedback providers can take advantage of this to prop up less worthy individuals as well as sand bag others without addressing concerns directly with individuals as it ideally should be. None of the current checks or balances of the performance review process adequately addresses this.

There is also a stunning lack of diversity at the senior levels of the organization. I worked in an account space where all of the PPDs (~10 of them) were white males. It was noted and commented on frequently at the staff level.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul your performance review process. The cycle is excessively long and burdensome and lacks transparency as well as real checks and balances to ensure fairness.

They tend to sell a false bill of goods on the Federal side

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than a year

ProsEminence activities allow you to build your skillset in areas your project doesn't offer
Commercial practitioners give you hope for competent employees unlike federal
Deloitte brand can still take you places

ConsPerceived meritocracy is nothing but a good ol boys club
Salary raises are GARBAGE
Review ratings are inconsistent

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to call something a meritocracy, stick to it. I've witnessed enough handouts to scrubs who have done absolutely nothing but kiss butt. Return to your old compensation structure. The new compensation structure was a lie for the most part. You claimed to lean more towards bonuses than raises, but all you did was lower raises and keep bonuses the same.

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte LLP CEO Joe Echevarria. All 393 reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees.