Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews in Atlanta, GA US

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel (in 127 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available (in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights
213 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the best companies I have ever worked for in my life.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsCommitment to customers, employees and investors is reinforced daily by determined employees to provide the best experience to their passengers despite the challenges of unpredictability inherrent in this industry. I received ongoing training and support from management which allowed me to succeed in my position. I was continually given opportunities to advance. I would work at Delta again in a heart beat if I could find a position where I live currently. Delta employees are wonderful. Oh, and the benefits are fantastic.

ConsI moved and my office was too far to commute or I would still be working for Delta.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees, Keep Climbing.

The Airline to Work With

Cabin Ops Support Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe Leadership seems motivated to make Delta Air Lines the best airline out there. Working on the passenger cabin, we are emphasized on delivering the best product to our customers. The flight is also a plus, although some routes can be a little tricky to get to. Delta has a good culture and clear mission each year.

ConsDelta does not sponsor international students, but if you are on OPT or CPT, do not hesitate to apply.

One of The best companies you can work for

Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood salary, good environment, friendly, exceptional city ATL

ConsYou might start at a shop before going to Line Maintenance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Work Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsFlight Benefits, Professional Environment, Great place to work. Work Life Balance is just awesome

ConsLess salary, but compensated by the flight benefits

Delta is a great place to work

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat people, interesting industry, free flight benefits and opportunity to work a flex schedule

ConsLow salary because they are a premiere employer in the area, mediocre health benefits with lots of out of pocket costs, and flight benefits are not what they use to be because there are fewer and fewer flights. You can barely use the flight benefits because you cant make the plane, especially with a family. Also, there is very little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter health and flight benefits

Great company to work for!

Managing Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsLove the company and the culture, Fair pay, Excellent travel benefits, involved leadership, lots of upward potential.

ConsIt;s the airline industry and it's subject to lot of economic shocks. Good times may turn on a dime.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees.

Alot of benefits....

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosyou get pay raises every year, as well as an abundance of discounts with other companies. They are always looking to promote from within....You fly free as well as your immediate family(spouse,parents,etc..). easy to pick up overtime if in hub station

ConsIts hard to transfer to other cites unless its a hub station.

Mixed Reviews

Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsDelta strives to take care of its employees in recent years with profit-sharing. Ambitious, focused talent. There are a lot of sharp minds at the corporate offices.

ConsExtremely hard to implement change due to the complexity of even simple tasks. Extremely heavy political environment in financial departments. Promotions are hard to obtain and require a lot of patience. Flight benefits are increasingly hard to use. Even with a master's degree/CPA, the company's pay is lower than average (which is supposedly the trade-off for the flight benefits). Healthcare coverage is less than average.

too big for it's own good

Cargo Customer Service (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosyou can fly for free
    new experiences

Consmanagement will keep trying the same old ideas that don't work over and over again
    encourages you to break rules to get the job done

Advice to Senior Managementtry new things not the same old ideas

Simply being here daily has been a great learning experience however the Co-op program is not organized or exciting.

Industrial Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits and a lot of exposure to clients, suppliers and upper management in TechOps.

ConsSlow paced environment and roles are very specific and sometimes redundant.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!