Department for Work And Pensions

Robert Devereux

Technical Support Technician with having 6+ years experience

Current Employee - Technical Support Technician in Hyderābād
    Current Employee - Technical Support Technician in Hyderābād

I have been working at Department for Work And Pensions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Having 6+ years experience in IT

Cons

Management should be recognize the hard-work employees

1-2 year

Current Employee - Adop Worker in Etāwah, Uttar Pradesh
    Current Employee - Adop Worker in Etāwah, Uttar Pradesh

I have been working at Department for Work And Pensions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

i want some thing differnt.

Cons

we do all work whose gave our officer.

work hard

internship

I worked at Department for Work And Pensions

Pros

great people, really interested in developing you and your career, providing wide range of opportunities for you to learn and grow.

Cons

n/a - didn't see any cons, it was a great place to work and somewhere where could learn a lot

Heartache

Current Employee - Operations Support Officer in Croydon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operations Support Officer in Croydon, England (UK)

I have been working at Department for Work And Pensions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Helping vulnerable customers who are in need

Cons

Wanted to return back to original site but would not accept me back due to head count

Management do not listen

Diverse and talked with different levels

I have been working at Department for Work And Pensions

Pros

The team, the hours and especially flexi time

Cons

Dealing with Difficult and threatening customers

None

Good to work with DWP, with usual challenges and very little rewards, but helping general public is main motivation.

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Stockport, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Stockport, England (UK)

I have been working at Department for Work And Pensions part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Satisfaction of helping general public. Security of job, Flexi hours with weekly structure of hours can help me organise my personal life around it.

Cons

Very little appreciation and next to nothing financial reward for the work we carry out on daily basis. Constant changes in the way we deliver the services and operate the system. Outdated IT systems and inefficient management .Biased process of selection for any higher management posts.

Listen to real life experiences and use common sense when implementing any new policy/legislation or operating system. Always have good and working contingency plans ready before hand rather then preparing contingency plan once faced with the failure implementation, because failure of giving public service can prove very fatal to general public who are relying on our service for their daily needs.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Team Leader in Middlesbrough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Pros

There are great benefits working there, decent pension scheme, annual leave allowance is excellent and flexible working hours are a god send

Cons

It's a challenging job sometimes and staff have very high expectations on them to hit benchmarks constantly as well as maintaining accuracy.

Be more visible to staff

Personal Advisor

Current Employee - Personal Adviser in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Personal Adviser in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Department for Work And Pensions part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Time off, HR policies, team work

Cons

Too target led, inadequate staffing at front of house level

DWP is a great organisation to work for because they help and support staff to reach their true potential.

Current Employee - Disability Employment Adviser in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Disability Employment Adviser in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

I have worked for DWP for 33 years and I have greatly improved my Customer Service knowledge and skills. I have been given the opportunity to work on various teams and I really enjoy my current job as a Disability Employment Adviser. I was diagnosed with a LT health condition in 1990 & the DWP were very supportive and made reasonable adjustments to help me continue my employment.

Cons

The reduction in staff numbers and certain managers not recognising staff suffering from stress/anxiety/depression

Please revisit the ESA process as we feel let down by the PCA assessment (Atos Origin) and pay specially trained GPs to conduct the tests. Claimants with mental health and learning difficulties are being treated very badly at their PCA appointments as realistically they can't actively seek work without the Supported Employment Teams and they have a waiting list of over 12 months. I hope the Gov. puts more money into these teams and the local welfare advice organisations who are struggling to help claimants with their benefit claim forms....I hope that these services for vulnerable people will be improved!

Its a very progressive and learning environment to work in

Former Employee - Office Administrative in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Office Administrative in London, England (UK)

I worked at Department for Work And Pensions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It feel good to work for the government and the work environment is full of opportunity to learn and grow. Job satisfaction level is high with all the perks.

Cons

The only challenge which i see is sometime we get some potential violent customers which i see as a good opportunity to use the skills of customers service and handle that kind of customers

I believe we should have a dress code, which will enhance the working environment.

Department for Work And Pensions Photos

409 Kennington Road (Photo thanks to Geograph user Stephen Richards, Some Rights Reserved)
Department for Work and Pensions, Exeter (Photo thanks to Geograph user Derek Harper, Some Rights Reserved)
Ebury House, Dee Street, Aberdeen (Photo thanks to Geograph user Bill Harrison, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo