Deutsche Bank CIB

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Deutsche Bank CIB Co-Chairman Jürgen Fitschen

Jürgen Fitschen

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepreneurial give a lot of freedom and opportunity to youngsters to show their talent. Also small teams encourage bankers to gain wide expertise

ConsSiloed some of the departments are not fully aligned with each other and can be better coordinated amongst them selves.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate better

Land of opportunities

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsIf you are one of the kind, you can make through all the obstacles to a niche for itself.

ConsManagement or boss won't care a single bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking at the organization as an integral part of the group as a whole, not merely as an offshore service Centre.

False promises

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsBonus
    Great colleagues - frankly too smart for this place

ConsMumbai office CIB is a back office - no client interaction allowed, no advancement in work role for 3-5 years, terrible work life balance with no glory

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent about no client interaction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management doesn't give two hoots about people

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsMoney - The pay is pretty good. If you're looking for a good place to learn about finance, DB CIB is perhaps a good place with a very steep learning curve, but just for the initial days. It is the perfect back office that does (almost) everything in financial markets, so, it's good if you want a diversity of stuff to work on.

ConsThe HR is perhaps the worst part - They're inefficient, arrogant, unhelpful and especially treat interns and new hires like crap. The senior management also never gives the impression that they care about you or your career, only about how much movey you make. Moreover, the job that most people do is extremely trivial and huge underutilization of talent. Most the job is just to assist and verify the work onshore.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo start caring about your own people. I know a ton of people who refused to join you just because they knew they'd never be cared for.

It is a decently good place to work for but there are better opportunities

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsIt pays a relatively good salary. The work life balance here is good. We get top have a good interaction with our onshore counterparts.

ConsIt is a front-office extension. We cannot directly trade or pitch to clients. It lacks career opportunities beyond 3-4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould open up some form of trading and client pitching. Should increase percentage of variable compensation

Amazing place to work for in Mumbai!

Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsGreat people and rotation among global locations

ConsToo much politics at the workplace

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the system more meritocratic

Its like working in a jail.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsHigh salaries & comfortable chairs to sit. Nothing else is worth it. The world thinks that you are a star working in CIB.

ConsKnucklehead leadership, false commitments by the company, extreme work hours, sick work culture, no team spirit. If you say 'NO' u get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat your employees well and they will partner in your success. Stop treating them like animals with a badge. Take care of their life balance.

Nice learning experience and good exposure. Requires exceptional initiative to excel

Associate (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsHighly talented people to work with. Very strong and diverse exposure with limited down-side. Start to end deal brain-storming. Good work-culture (gets a bit over-demanding at times).

ConsLimited opportunities to advance. Requires exceptional initiatives

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be good to be more selective in hiring at a junior level and be more pro-active in recognizing genuine performers and rewarding them

Good learning experience, highly political place

Associate (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsGreat learning experience, especially in FX and credit

ConsPolitical, bank is not doing well nowadays, under lot of financial stress

Growing really well. But a lot of politics.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsThe bank is growing well inspite of what's happening in Europe. Lot of opportunities opening up.

Constoo much of internal politics

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more meritocratic

Worked for Deutsche Bank CIB? Contribute to the Community!