Dialog Semiconductor

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jalal Bagherli

constructive experience

Digital Design Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood team, nice poeple, professional way of working. Excellent company for analog designers. High growth company.Good work life balance.

Consit is starting to become political. The company is extremely dependant on one main customer.

LiGioi

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Campbell, CA (US)

Prosgood benefit, flexible working hours, a lot of activities, easygoing people

Conslittle growth
    no clear market direction
    HR efficiency and management should be improved

Mixed bag experience

Analog IC Designer (Former Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

ProsA very smart bunch of people to work with, intellectually stimulating environment, strong focus around innovation.

ConsCompensation package not upto market standards, work culture is pretty geeky unlike companies like google where its more open and friendly etc

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what I envisaged

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary better than most competitors, offices are nice, some decent benefits.

Cons-Very political and "cold", lots of back-biting.

-Processes take a long time (training, for one).

-Certain political players get all the good work and perks. Not good if not into politics - made me sick to see.

-They retain poisonous employees who are either no good at their job, sow seeds of discord, or are very adept at playing the political game. Definitely favouritism.

-Offices, while nice, are often lacking atmosphere.

-Too many trying to climb the greasy pole.

-Lack of communication in some offices.

-Munich & Austrian offices over-worked.

-Project management office treats you like a number.

-Reverence for 'top designers' but couldn't see why; I saw several design flaws I would have changed.

-Lack of interesting work for apps, design, and possibly other functions - heard this was particularly bad at Edinburgh site but can't confirm.

-Analogue & Digital design was almost non-existent - across sites there is a lot of grumbling about designers being used only for verification purposes; design skills die out over time so not a good situation for the employee.

-Personally, I left one of the German offices after just over a year for a LOWER salary at another company in Austria, but I'm getting better experience which will be of benefit in the long-run. Turns out money isn't everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere do I start...

A great place to work, if you are interested in working at a semiconductor company

Digital Verification/Software (Former Employee) Graz (Austria)

Pros- Great benefits
    - Paid to take courses for continued growth
    - Great people
    - Enjoyable atmosphere
    - Very flat hierarchy
    - Opportunities to work abroad

Cons- The town is a little bit small, but that is only a problem if you are looking for something a little bigger.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am satisfied with how management handled everything, and I believe that I was treated very well, being integrated into the team very quickly and enjoying the environment very much.

Management in Netherlands has no long term vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Good atmosphere and friendly colleagues.
    - OK place to start and gain some experience, but not a place you want to work in for very long.

Cons- No long-term vision. Management is always one step behind trying to catch up with competition.
    - Low salary.
    - Bad cafeteria.

Advice to Senior Management- Listen to your engineers more often.
    - Reconsider better salaries.

Big ideas, yet the proof is in the implementation

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

ProsPower managment chips is a profitable business sector

Conslike most companies of similar size training is tied to senior managers and can take time, I mean time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people some training and make sure they get it

Worked for Dialog Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!