Diodes

www.diodes.com

Diodes Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2014
Diodes – Plano – “Plano HQ”

Diodes – Plano – “Plano HQ”

Keh-Shew Lu

Flexible hours, but stagnant work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits options, flexible hours for salaried employees, casual environment. There was always a project to work on. The new office has a gym inside for all employees.

ConsThe opportunities for advancement were limited to who you knew, and there was a lot of alienation between departments. Projects were usually rushed in the last few weeks of each quarter.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with employees. Communicate with each other. Communicate earlier rather than later.

Great Potential, but ultimately very disappointing to her work here

Corporate IT Director (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsSome of the best and smartest people I've worked with. Somehow, they left the company.

ConsSalaries aren't great that way to faster for the expansions and acquisitions. People wasn't come first.

Loved working there

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) Chatsworth, CA (US)

ProsSmall with open communications from the top down, but I worked there a long time ago. Wouldn't change a thing. They were a great company to work for.

ConsDon't know what it is like to work there now, but the pay was not so great when I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear path and many opportunities to advance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

product engineer

Product Design Engineer (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Prosopen and relax enviroment, nice ppl, a lot support from colleague and company, fast glowing, excellent company strategy and so on...

Conscompany implement cost down strategy, the salary is average, not high compared to other company. International enviroment, difficult to communicate

Was a great company until they hired the wrong management team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits if you are single.
    Great pay if you are willing to work extra extra hard

ConsUpper Management needs to listen to their employees more often for their opinions and concerns Needs more team building events to bring all the employees together. The place is a wreck.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to lower levels of the company and be concerned about your employees and how they are doing. Have team building event to gather all departments together.

High Turnover and Low Technology

Product Engineer (Former Employee) Lees Summit, MO (US)

ProsIt pays some of the bills

ConsWorking every day, and everybody is always blaming somebody else.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better, invest in technology, stop pointing the finger, allow a person to have a life. The cost of insurance should be cheaper than a policy purchased on the internet with the same coverage. Stop charging salary employees that work 65 hours a week, time bank for a bad weather day. Keep up with the latest technology trend like your facility in England. A calm supervisor produces calm employees, and better productivity. It sounds like you have lost a good amount of senior engineers in the last couple of years.

Please heed the previous warnings!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood comraderie in the lower levels.

ConsBig disconnect in the sr mgmt and corporate office. Little compensation and salary for the work they require.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat a joke!

Diodes Fabtech in Lees Summit: Do Yourself a Favour, Just Don't Come to Work Here

Engineering (Former Employee) Lees Summit, MO (US)

ProsSalary and Benefits ok, Bonus scheme awful

ConsAwful Upper Management, no really, really Awful. If you are looking for employment keep looking...

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your staff like they are good people, nurture them and they will flurish, rather than stomping on them with your size 12's.

If you're not family, friend, or church member, do not work here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGood benefits (health insurance, 401k with employer match, paid vacation and holidays)
    Decent work-life balance
    Nice newer office building with gym
    Free coffee and filtered water

ConsRigid hierarchy and "my way or the highway" management style
    Preference given to insiders (family, friends, church members)
    No opportunity for growth or development - promotions are unheard of
    Almost exclusive use of Chinese alienates English speakers
    Terrible morale due to management's lack of respect for employees
    Low regard for integrity and ethics throughout the company

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more inclusive of outsiders and more open to new ideas or suggestions. Taking away privileges is demoralizing...happy employees = better productivity.

It is a very unprofessional environment and the morale among employees is low

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsI really cant think of any other reason except that we are in tough economic times
    They have OK benefits

Consvery high turn-over because of poor work environment thus you are constantly training a new person who might quit just after the training
    Morale is very low thus not a good environment for productivity and creativity

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees when they make suggestions on how to improve the work place
    Stop poor planning and last minute rush
    Talking down to employees is a strategy that never works
    Senior management stop hiring a new manufacturing manager every year each one of them introduces new policies that will take a year to implement then they are gone

Worked for Diodes? Contribute to the Community!