Dr Pepper Snapple Group
www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Dr Pepper Snapple Group – Albuquerque – “Dr Pepper Snapple Group--Seven Up of Albuquerque”

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young

Larry D. Young

Pros:
  • "Benefits are good they start from day 1"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Growing company, great benefits, jobs all over the country, overtime, flexible schedule if needed,"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average)"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Harvey, IL (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with. Fun environment and great recognition for top performers as well. There was also fun incentives that motivated people to perform.

ConsPoor Mid-level managers. They lack leadership skills. It seemed like the friends of the boss or those who had been there the longest got the promotion. That does not always mean they are best for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to those who go and get degrees and want to progress within the company before they leave, like I did.

High Stress Environment

Inventory Analyst (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

Prosgood pay and opportunity to advnace

Conshorrible work life balance and hours

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees

Great Experience

Account Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Somerset, KY (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe money is there, you just have to go and earn it. Good salesmen will make it and move up. I loved the fact that I got to go about my day without constant supervision over my shoulder. This job offered me an excellent sales experience, and I highly recommend it for driven, motivated salesmen.

ConsThe company is still young and has its growing pains. Because of this, upper management seems to make some questionable decisions. One that I don't understand is how they let the competitors distribute their flagship brand Dr Pepper. I understand that they have a contract that was in place before the company came to, and I understand that the cost would be high to compensate the extra volume, but the brand doesn't receive it's justice. Pepsi and Coke give DP little to no love compared to their own flagship. Not a great long term business decision...

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions that will move the company forward, not hinder it.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group review

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

ProsEasy commute - located in West Plano. Good working environment.

ConsAdvancement. Company does not promote from within.

Laid Off Week before Christmas

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
Northlake, IL (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNot many at this present time of the company.

ConsGreat times during the Cadbury reign but after the sell off things went down hill fast. Instead of a pop company, we became a 5S, 6S, Continuous Improvement, find ways to save money company instead. We were no longer being innovative or trying to strengthen our core brands we just came up with bad products and tried to sell them with mega marketing and a sales force hamstrung with polishing crap.
Management is unprofessional and has a master/slave relationship with the union workforce. Tons of backstabbing going on with the workers and managers, as well as thievery. Loyalty has gone out the backdoor because everyone is in a look out for #1 mentality. The worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of your processes to get the most return on investment for the shareholders is great but don't forget we are a pop company. These are short term processes and in the long run you will have to sell pop to remain viable. Or just do everyone a favor and sell it! And our Core Values should be relevant all the time, not just during annual review time.

Great entry-level management/sales career but limited advancement

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOne of the best reasons to start a career with them is they truly promote from within. You get a good feel for how the business is run as a merchandiser, and if you are even half-way motivated you pretty quickly make your way into a sales representative role. There is a lot of flexibility as you do not have any direct management overseeing you, you run your route as you see fit, for the most part. They also offer decent training. Good benefits (healthcare, 401k)

ConsThe pay isn't that great, especially when you start out as a merchandiser or entry-level sales. It's tough to make a living. It may be easy to get promoted into a full-time sales role, but it is extremely difficult to move above that role. Once you get into the route manager/account manager/sales rep position, you would need to put in a minimum of 10 hours a day to attempt to do everything they expect you to do everyday. Even then, it's nearly impossible to do it all. The pay is pretty good, but when you do the math on the hourly rate, it isn't that great. Everyday in sales, you need to see at least 20 accounts to try to make the commission, but when you have to merchandise your own produta at gas stations, liquor stores, and grocery stores put up signs and stickers, manage 3 merchandisers stops, and sell new products to every account's decision-makers it's a very full stressful day. Granted, it's excellent management and sales experience, but the pay isn't exactly worth all that stress (in my opinion)

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer some other type of career advancement between the sales rep position and district manager position to entice the employees to work harder. Every year the sales rep position makes less than the year before, which is the complete opposite of inflation. It is a flawed system that needs to be attended to. Keep promoting from within though and offering great healthcare and benefits! Good job! The flexibility and trust you have in your employees is extremely honorable.

Managers getting 20k bonuses, Analysts and below - not even a X-mas card

Analyst (Current Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNone, there is no education in this company, technical or otherwise.

Cons-Horrible management, many with degrees not related to their positions
-too many foreigners in management positions.
-Probably the lowest pay of any fortune 500 company
-Blames decline of company on a declining industry rather than moronic management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNobody likes you.

No promotional opportunities

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGood People / Co-workers and good products

ConsManament haven't a clue whats going on sale in stores until last min then want to play the blame game for things not being executed. Small operation with good products that try and keep up with Coke & Pepsi. 7up has 1 Account Manager to Coke and Pepsi 3 Account managers in a area... and expect you to have excelent service. Management is dishonest!

Advice to Senior Managementstop running away good help

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood people. Favorable brand awareness. Diversity of brands outside of CSD segment.

Cons- Little or no direction given by Sr. Mgt
- Banking on "re-energizing" CSD's is contrary to how both consumers AND competitors see category
- Depending on dept. antiquated view of how to treat employees.
- Poor work life balance, weak HR department, tremendous stress

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of long term vision makes it clear that the company is being run for short term & until Sr. level management can retire and leave the company a prime candidate for a takeover.

Good just for short time only.

Account Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Norcross, GA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 3 years

Prosyou can make a little money

ConsUnprofessional/unorganized not a great career builder.

Advice to Senior ManagementNa

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dr Pepper Snapple Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Dr Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry D. Young. All 159 reviews are posted anonymously by Dr Pepper Snapple Group employees.