Dr Pepper Snapple Group
www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Dr Pepper Snapple Group – Albuquerque – “Dr Pepper Snapple Group--Seven Up of Albuquerque”

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young

Larry D. Young

Pros:
  • "Benefits are good they start from day 1"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Growing company, great benefits, jobs all over the country, overtime, flexible schedule if needed,"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average)"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Long term career with Dr Pepper/Snapple Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRelaxed corporate environment and great people to work for.

ConsLong term employees effected by downsizing

It was horrible.

Production Planner (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere are zero pros to this company. They are very rude and unprofessional.

ConsManagement is unprofessional. They are rude and filled with liars.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Management is HORRIBLE

Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits were good at one time. Excellent insurance, 401k, paid time off etc.

ConsHR DOES NOT CARE! Management makes less people do more work, the schedule is so DEMANDING. I feel like I work at a sweat shop although I have been there for 5 years. Its stressful and the pay is not good at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Happy workers= Excellent Quality Work.

Started great. Nothing but downhill from there.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are great. They have an excellent health insurance program. Their 401K has a good amount of matching and immediate vesting. Pay for merchandisers at my facility is the best in the business: $15-16/hour. You don't have to be a genius to do this job. I get to employ a lot of strategy in my job.

ConsHuman resources are a nightmare. The company has created a federal government-style labyrinth to protect employees, who need to be fired, from getting fired. This creates a lowest-common-denominator mentality as employees see what their coworkers are getting away with. The very few people who actually care about their job (such as myself) are left with extra work to do from those who won't do work. Also, expect to wait at least a month (closer to two) to get hired.
This company has nothing but a downward trend concerning pay. A coworker of mine was taking home $2200 every two weeks during the big months before I started. Since I've started, that same coworker is now taking home less than $1300 in big months. As for myself, I now make less than I did before I received my "promotion". And there are a number of merchandisers who now make more than me even though they work fewer hours than I do and have less responsibility.
Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company. The further you go up, the longer you work and the more you realize that the compensation isn't worth your time. Both the district managers I've worked for average working 60-90 hours a work for less than $50,000 per year and neither have taken a vacation of longer than 1-2 days since I've been with the company. With this in mind, I have absolutely no desire to get the next promotion, and unless they change how I'm currently compensated, I'll be asking for a demotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet a promotion/pay raise be an actual promotion/pay raise and not just a giving us a heavier ball and chain.

not the best place to work if you like communication and working like a team.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Prossome of the people you work with.

Consunorganized from the top to the bottom. they need to focus more on working on getting the little things right first and not the other way around.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on getting the distribution and merchandising down to a science, before trying to sell something you can sustain.

Very fast paced

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Prosgreat opportunity to advance one's career

Conspoor planning with production materials

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Overall pretty good, but hard work. you will be challenged to perform and expected to do everyday.

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
DFW, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

Prossense of achievement, hard work, good managers, room for growth, off early, wake up really early. Though I've heard that things have changed.

Conslow pay, grunt work, very difficult, high expectations, work a lot of hours. Chinese labor law that cuts overtime in half rather that 150%.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo make routes more realistic. Don't overload your employees so much

Great company to wear lots of hats

Transportation Intern (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall company with big company feel, many national accounts and responsibilities, warm co workers, culture steeped in continuous improvement

ConsSmall campus, not as flexible in terms of hours

Merchandiser position summary

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Northlake, IL (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for less than a year

ProsGood benefits. Worked with some really nice people.

ConsThis job was a nightmare! They work you like a dog, which I expected, but it got absolutely ridiculous almost immediately. You will run into store managers and receiving managers who will treat you like garbage. Many store back rooms are so crowded or poorly run that it makes it 10 times harder to do your job. Communication between managers at Dr. Pepper was bad. The pay was horrible and you use your own car to drive to all the stores. Avoid at all cost unless you are desperate, young, and in good shape.

I've had two managers that intimidate and tend to be feared by subordinates.

DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery proud of the results we've achieved. Leading company when it comes to setting and reaching it's targets.

ConsNot balanced as a company. Everything has to be done right now and without regard for it's people. Performance reviews don't take into account if you've coached and promoted people only if you've achieved very objective results.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the big picture in mind. Long term performance has to be balanced with people and making it a great place to work.

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dr Pepper Snapple Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Dr Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry D. Young. All 159 reviews are posted anonymously by Dr Pepper Snapple Group employees.