Dr Pepper Snapple Group
www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014
Dr Pepper Snapple Group – Albuquerque – “Dr Pepper Snapple Group--Seven Up of Albuquerque”

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young

Larry D. Young

Pros:
  • "Benefits are good they start from day 1"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Growing company, great benefits, jobs all over the country, overtime, flexible schedule if needed,"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average)"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good just for short time only.

Account Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Norcross, GA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 3 years

Prosyou can make a little money

ConsUnprofessional/unorganized not a great career builder.

Advice to Senior ManagementNa

Great entry-level management/sales career but limited advancement

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOne of the best reasons to start a career with them is they truly promote from within. You get a good feel for how the business is run as a merchandiser, and if you are even half-way motivated you pretty quickly make your way into a sales representative role. There is a lot of flexibility as you do not have any direct management overseeing you, you run your route as you see fit, for the most part. They also offer decent training. Good benefits (healthcare, 401k)

ConsThe pay isn't that great, especially when you start out as a merchandiser or entry-level sales. It's tough to make a living. It may be easy to get promoted into a full-time sales role, but it is extremely difficult to move above that role. Once you get into the route manager/account manager/sales rep position, you would need to put in a minimum of 10 hours a day to attempt to do everything they expect you to do everyday. Even then, it's nearly impossible to do it all. The pay is pretty good, but when you do the math on the hourly rate, it isn't that great. Everyday in sales, you need to see at least 20 accounts to try to make the commission, but when you have to merchandise your own produta at gas stations, liquor stores, and grocery stores put up signs and stickers, manage 3 merchandisers stops, and sell new products to every account's decision-makers it's a very full stressful day. Granted, it's excellent management and sales experience, but the pay isn't exactly worth all that stress (in my opinion)

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer some other type of career advancement between the sales rep position and district manager position to entice the employees to work harder. Every year the sales rep position makes less than the year before, which is the complete opposite of inflation. It is a flawed system that needs to be attended to. Keep promoting from within though and offering great healthcare and benefits! Good job! The flexibility and trust you have in your employees is extremely honorable.

Long term career with Dr Pepper/Snapple Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRelaxed corporate environment and great people to work for.

ConsLong term employees effected by downsizing

It was horrible.

Production Planner (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere are zero pros to this company. They are very rude and unprofessional.

ConsManagement is unprofessional. They are rude and filled with liars.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Management is HORRIBLE

Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits were good at one time. Excellent insurance, 401k, paid time off etc.

ConsHR DOES NOT CARE! Management makes less people do more work, the schedule is so DEMANDING. I feel like I work at a sweat shop although I have been there for 5 years. Its stressful and the pay is not good at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Happy workers= Excellent Quality Work.

Started great. Nothing but downhill from there.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are great. They have an excellent health insurance program. Their 401K has a good amount of matching and immediate vesting. Pay for merchandisers at my facility is the best in the business: $15-16/hour. You don't have to be a genius to do this job. I get to employ a lot of strategy in my job.

ConsHuman resources are a nightmare. The company has created a federal government-style labyrinth to protect employees, who need to be fired, from getting fired. This creates a lowest-common-denominator mentality as employees see what their coworkers are getting away with. The very few people who actually care about their job (such as myself) are left with extra work to do from those who won't do work. Also, expect to wait at least a month (closer to two) to get hired.
This company has nothing but a downward trend concerning pay. A coworker of mine was taking home $2200 every two weeks during the big months before I started. Since I've started, that same coworker is now taking home less than $1300 in big months. As for myself, I now make less than I did before I received my "promotion". And there are a number of merchandisers who now make more than me even though they work fewer hours than I do and have less responsibility.
Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company. The further you go up, the longer you work and the more you realize that the compensation isn't worth your time. Both the district managers I've worked for average working 60-90 hours a work for less than $50,000 per year and neither have taken a vacation of longer than 1-2 days since I've been with the company. With this in mind, I have absolutely no desire to get the next promotion, and unless they change how I'm currently compensated, I'll be asking for a demotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet a promotion/pay raise be an actual promotion/pay raise and not just a giving us a heavier ball and chain.

not the best place to work if you like communication and working like a team.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Prossome of the people you work with.

Consunorganized from the top to the bottom. they need to focus more on working on getting the little things right first and not the other way around.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on getting the distribution and merchandising down to a science, before trying to sell something you can sustain.

Very fast paced

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Prosgreat opportunity to advance one's career

Conspoor planning with production materials

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Overall pretty good, but hard work. you will be challenged to perform and expected to do everyday.

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
DFW, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

Prossense of achievement, hard work, good managers, room for growth, off early, wake up really early. Though I've heard that things have changed.

Conslow pay, grunt work, very difficult, high expectations, work a lot of hours. Chinese labor law that cuts overtime in half rather that 150%.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo make routes more realistic. Don't overload your employees so much

Great company to wear lots of hats

Transportation Intern (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall company with big company feel, many national accounts and responsibilities, warm co workers, culture steeped in continuous improvement

ConsSmall campus, not as flexible in terms of hours

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dr Pepper Snapple Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Dr Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry D. Young. All 161 reviews are posted anonymously by Dr Pepper Snapple Group employees.