Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Updated 13 December 2014
2.8

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 12 reviews)

• Great Work life balance with local autonomy to control your destiny and opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average) (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

I am working in DPSG for last 2 years it is ok to work here asa every one is friendly

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Noida
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Noida

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every one will be Co operative and help you to reach your goal

Cons

less hikes and no onsite oppurtunities

Please consider the person who is working hard instead of experienced people

BULK DRIVER ( 10+ years )

Current Employee - Express Driver in Fort Myers, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Express Driver in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Mon-Fri , 401k , Match 401k up to 4% , Diversity , Paid to pick up shells , Few B & C reloads , few Hot Shots , On route, managing daily activities with out, some one, talking in your ear all day. , Great associates to work with. Paid vacation , Paid holiday's , Paid sick days , Paid personal days. Medical benefits ,

Cons

No stock perks , 401k dropped 6% to 4% , Employee Retention bad , Non-exclusive pallets , No ASN @ Walmart's or Targets,Check in process @Walmart very time consuming. , Corporate took over routing , Inefficiency of deliveries, routing, merchandisers. , Little or no raises that don't reflect cost of inflation across commodities sector. , Sick days should be increased , Personal days should go back to using as sick days if not used , Lack of communication to employees , Low wages , Poor software , Slow corporate red tape of hiring positions @ Branch level , No Paid medical examine , Not following corporate policy because of lack of personnel , Poor service to customers, lack there of people , Too many stops for drivers, spread too far away to make delivery times, company traded public , Working the following Saturday's post holiday that was a paid day off; while corporate enjoys or other branches enjoy the four day week end.Every year medical costs go up for the employee. No lunch in order to make door times , No employee incentives , 53ft put in a circle K parking lots is a dangerous practice, & a lawsuit waiting to happen; Bulk trucks should be kept out of small format,utilize for grocery stores only. Waste of fuel because of inefficient routing

Corporate comes up with policies that have good intentions for the company but unrealistic execution at branch level. I see policies being made that effect the efficiency and execution of product.and undue stress on employees which causes poor retention and turnover. I believe,these cuts,being made are for the board members & to satisfy shareholders.I understand there must be growth within the company,for an idea to work at a lower level it must be executable.The retention of our people over the years,that I have seen,is not very good.costly,not only to our company,as well, to our customers.We could do much better in execution and double our case volume, it takes money to make money, the lack of the monies put towards execution and retention of our people is critical. Retaining seasoned skilled workers is necessary and maintaining equipment to keep up with the volume is crucial for growth.When a Publix ad comes on sale we struggle to execute.If we were able to execute deliveries within the door time and give better service in the store with our product we would get a lot more displays and end caps, more shelf space for our product, our volume would increase The following quarter. We have to show a constant timeframe of great quality service to achieve this trust is earned over time. @ First we will be in the red, The black ink will come to follow.The growth will be seen from that point forward.I see your policies changing following our competitors, are competitors follow through therefore they execute where is we come short and do not follow thru.when a company grows too fast it's too hard to sustain,growth at a slower rate is more sustainable.our branch lacks the necessary trucks drivers and merchandisers. When truck is broke down we have no replacement therefore product sits.you ask why because the person in charge of replacing that tractor is out on route because somebody has quit because they don't like the way the pay reflects the amount of work for the money made.our out of date delivery process needs to be updated and kept current. Pocket loads are outdated and inefficient more efficient than the old way. Small format should be already loaded on pup trucks ready to roll off. The upfront cost to convert over versus injury will eventually offset rates with insurance companies. The best ideas in life are usually stolen and given by current employees to improve the situation. Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts. Looking forward to another ten plus years with DPSG.

Frustrating leadership

Former Employee - Director in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Slowly changing for the better, especially with RCI focus.

Cons

Too much of a old school distributor model, not enough innovation, no downstream accountability, minimal upstream vision

Spin off distribution from manufacturing, sell off under-performing brands.

In a Transition Period

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Brands are very recognizable in the local area and in some regions nationally.

Cons

Leadership. The executive leadership team is very consersavtive and risk averse. No long term strategy, very cost conscious and long term gain is sacrificed for short term cost control.

Invest in your brands and people.

It's alright"

Current Employee - Warehouse Loader in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Loader in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benifits
    Cool boss
    Paid holidays
    Paid weekly

Cons

Work until the work is done
    No life/family balance
    Overwork you
    Clock out on lunch 1 hour
    You have a high pick rate

Please make set schedules for the warehouse workers because working until the work is done is not good no family life balance .Staff is overworked,and tired ,not enough breaks,should not have to clock out on break warehouses work too hard....

Ok place

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Fun brands to work with and decent vacation time benefits. Lots of entry level training for new hires.

Cons

Work/life balance varies wildly depending on who your boss is. Continuous Improvement was great at first but is starting to shift the culture to "assign blame" due to the constant emphasis to "root" cause aka explain why things aren't 100% perfect.

Solid place to work with decent pay.

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great team work environment and team sharing. Great Work life balance with local autonomy to control your destiny and opportunities.

Cons

Senior leadership is questionable at times. Also HQ team is very focused in their small universe or department vs. seeing the big picture.

Ensure new hires have bottling experience over a masters degree. Experience is more valuable for the up and coming.

Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, don't work here!

Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, constantly changing work environment and job location

Cons

Low pay, rude customers and grocery store managers, heavy repetitive lifting, management doesn't care about their employees

You are always advertising for new employees on internet job sites but the best way to get new hires is in the field. Your employees interact with potential new hires. But we have nothing good to say and advise them not to work for DPSG.

Don't believe the hype

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

salaried employees on routes work
    Together to make matters less difficult.
    Great benefits

Cons

No one is happy here.
    Salaries are below competitors.
    acct managers are pushed to the max . doing everything they can to get the job done.
    You are expected to work overtime everyday sometimes working 6 days a week to hit numbers that are so far fetched. Eventually you realize you are making less then the F/T merchandisers which also make pennies compared to other companies.
    The new restructure is significantly hurting all employees but more so the 80% Acct mgmt that were forced to merchandiser positions losing upwards of $10,000 a year just on gross pay without bonus and or incentives.
    Chinese over time is what they offer and is evidently not guaranteed.
    You fight tooth and nail to meet the demand of The company in a declining market and in turn they send extra unnecessary cases to stores without your consent or the grocery mgmt. In turn, deliveries are getting cut and you are to Blame for it. losing the trust of your customers and in turn losing display potential. Backrooms are typically slammed to meet volume and still, you can't make bonus upsetting receivers and continuing the infamy behind DPSG.

No matter how hard you push, how long you work you are nothing but a number to them.

In fact, it appears as if the new restructure was meant to force people to quit I believe this unethical practice is called "constructive discharge"?

HR is only there to represent the companies best interest.

Inturn- they are losing there best employees and hiring young, novice, and hungry people for less money. Causing this irreversible trend of poor performance among the merchandisers (who get paid $10 an hr) and obviously at that rate they lose interest in doing the job to standard causing a domino effect on the upkeep and ordering process of accts.

Care for your field workers as they are the backbone of your company.

Slamming stores with unecessary usually blind ordering products that don't move at some locations only makes matters worst.

You belittle your employees , over work them with out proper pay and degrade the integrity of your best workers.

Eventually, you will get what you pay for. And lose your best men to competitors who see the value of a hard, dependable, and loyal employee.

I regret I stayed this long.

Current Employee - Route Audit Cashier in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Route Audit Cashier in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great (day 1) and PTO

Cons

No room for growth, no promoting from within, salary isn't competitive, unfair management, no work life balance, too much work and not enough employees.

Value you your hardworking employees.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos