Dr Pepper Snapple Group

www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014
Dr Pepper Snapple Group – Albuquerque – “Dr Pepper Snapple Group--Seven Up of Albuquerque”

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young

Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits package if you choose to enroll, available on day 1 (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 10 reviews)

• Trouble with supervisors and upper management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

I am working in DPSG for last 2 years it is ok to work here asa every one is friendly

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Noida

ProsEvery one will be Co operative and help you to reach your goal

Consless hikes and no onsite oppurtunities

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider the person who is working hard instead of experienced people

Good sales experience

ProsLearning how to hone in your sales skills

ConsHolidays are spent stocking grocery stores that may not have anything to do with your area.

Tough but rewarding job

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN (US)

ProsGreat place to work, competitive work industry with enormous potential. Keeps pace with the leading competitors with a generous pay scale.

ConsLacks support from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more support to a growing branch

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work, providing good opportunities for growth & development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsStrong culture of continuous improvement and good work-life balance in majority of jobs/functions. Overall, a very team-oriented environment, with hard-working people. Benefits available from day 1.

ConsCompany does a good job in promoting the value system, but needs to be more effective in identifying and addressing behaviors that do not align with the company values. Biggest challenge going forward will be in identifying and capturing growth opportunities in a challenging, contracting industry.

Terrible Management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation and benefits were more than fair. With certain members of management - the culture was great.

Conslack of training
    expectation level did not match training level
    unprofessional management
    threats instead of coaching

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to be more involved and know what's going on with management at each level. Branch managers/warehouse managers have made threats, stolen and driven morale in negative ways.

Employees often don't leave their jobs but their management.

Power Hungry

Deductions Specialist (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsThe people working here are always friendly and helpful. Good benefits and very flexible with work schedule.

ConsTrouble with supervisors and upper management. No training experience. I was a temp in CTA and I was training another temp. They don't let you have an opinion. You cannot bring new ideas to the table. Have "metrics" that do not reflect actual performance. My supervisor just made reports all day with no answers to my questions. No room for growth. If you have an opinion, it will most likely not be heard, and ignored. They pick their favorites from the team and do not understand how to manage a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople more open to change, and more open to opinions from the team. Interact with other departments to make it a fun working environment. Have more growth outside the department. Care about your employees instead of being a dictator.

Horrible but OK

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFreedom to go where you want
    No constant breathing down your neck
    Take lunch whenever you please
    Take your time doing stores
    You get a uniform that has you name on it
    Company phone
    Decent rate of pay

ConsManagers with unreasonable demands
    Store personnel that give you no respect
    Wear and tear on vehicle
    Sometimes having to travel further than you want
    Sometime the rate of pay does not match the work that you do

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being tight and put more money into your warehouses.

Great bunch of people, maybe a bit lacking on the technology front.

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI (US)

ProsIf you come in and work hard it will be recognized by management.

ConsWith the union in place hard work cant really be rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the union.

Always hiring..

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThey are always hiring in my area and have good security even if you meet minimum objectives. Decent starting wage and benefits fair pay for what you work.

ConsThey do not pay time and a half in some areas and pay the lowest end possible on mileage which is normally less than enough to cover your gas for the week. This is lowest paying soda company by quite a margin.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more from within the company. Encourage your partners to seek promotions if you believe they are qualified. I've seen too many people who were good enough to merchandise for years go unrewarded while someone from a competitor came in as a salesman. Pay more out to employees mileage. These issue's are keeping the company from developing a solid core of merchandisers to help drive sales. Allow as many employees as possible to work 6 day weeks to eliminate reliance on the part timer myth.

Good Company with great benefits!

ProsFaced with challenges each day which make you a better employee. Diverse brands. Great benefits package if you choose to enroll, available on day 1.

ConsAnnual performance reviews do not reflect true performance. They should establish mid-year reviews to update objectives and goals. Hard work is not always rewarded.

Dynamic at local branch was off. Each department is isolated and there is little interaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote employee morale. Get input from the field team.

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!