Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Updated 15 April 2015
233 reviews filtered by

1. Great Company to Work For

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Worked with a great team of individuals.

Cons

Wish there were more opportunities to grow new skills.

2. Good place to work

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Holland, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Holland, MI (US)

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great manager, flexible schedule good benefits

Cons

Low pay, sales reps didn't communicate needs

3. Overall pretty average

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Okay benefits but the insurance premiums have been rising a fair amount over the last few years. High level top down communication has really improved over the last few years. Lots of focus on trying to promote from within instead of hiring from outside when positions become available. There's been a lot more employee led training classes available on site in recent years which is a plus, but quality will vary from class to class. Standard vacation time starts at 2 weeks and you have the option to buy another 5 days.

Cons

Your work-life balance and happiness here is going to hinge almost solely on your manager. Very little consistency across the various departments and teams. Some managers/directors understand the importance of work life balance while others fully expect their employees to work 60+ hours per week, every week. And holidays. As a whole, the company does a good job trying to promote hard working employees but then does a terrible job of training their newly minted managers in how to manage people. As a result, you end up with mid level managers whose management style consists of berating their employees on a consistent basis. Involving HR usually means the person will become the black sheep of the group and probably "laid off" during restructuring.

Advice to Management

As a manager, you are there to make sure your direct reports have the tools and resources to get their jobs done. Don't forget that. Happy, hard working employees are what get those KPIs

5. Great Place to Work!

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

good benefits, career pathing opportunities and personal growth, continuous education, dedicated team members

Cons

Sodas cost 25 cents each!!!

6. Overworked and Underpaid

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits start once you're hired.

Cons

12-14hr days and getting paid a "variable rate" for OT. Sometimes called "Chinese OT". I worked 32 hrs of OT and was paid $5.32 per hr for it. High turnover in USD Delivery dept.

Advice to Management

Better communication and better pay is definitely needed.

7. Great benefits good supervisors

Current Employee - UDs Driver in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - UDs Driver in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for sideload in Denver, benefits are top notch. Equipment is good.

Cons

Currently restructuring tying to become efferecent and leaving some drivers to face forced changes and pay cuts, large company without concern or care for employees even though local managment does care they have to follow directive.

Advice to Management

Think out your changes and how it will effect workers before making them, what works in Texas dosent work everywhere!

one year in and starting to see the flaws

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

first off there are def a lot of pros for DPSG. paid weekly, decent work schedule, decent pay, and if youre smart enough fly off the radar and enjoy being home more than you work. thats where the pros end

Cons

use your own vehicle for work, if youre not a morning person dont even bother. 6am start time. if you have a large route and a lot of deliviries to put away youre looking at easy 12hr days with NO help. just you and only you. I had about 7-10 stops daily and managed to never work overtime because I knew my route and stores like the back of my hand. other soda companies like coke have less stores, MORE pay, but more product to stock..HOWEVER they get help. explain that to me. If you get a jerk for a salesman like I did be prepared to hate life on load days, and pretty much any day they work. Surprisngly youll look forward to working the weekends just so you dont have to hear from the salesmen. the salesmen can ruin your life. I was just kicked off my route, not because I messed up (stores had no issues with me, great relationship with all the receivers) I was kicked off becuase the salesmen was a cry baby about anything and everything, so my boss had enough and took me off the route EVEN THOUGH all the stores and receivers couldnt stand the salesman. explain that? so not a lot of support from upper management.

Advice to Management

hire more merchs or increase pay. I cant understand how you expect your merchandisers to do a 100% merch at stores when they have 7-10 stops. I dont get it. I had days where I had 3 loads at my normal stores, 2-3 extra loads at drug store chains plus 3-4 regular merch stops. If I ran the company Id do like pepsi and let the merchandisers write the orders, so they could order what the store NEEDED, and not what the salesman NEEDED to make his check bigger. so if you insist on keeping the "salesmen" let them go merch and write orders for the walgreens and CVS type stores as well as gas stations and what not. Let the real men (merchandisers) handle the rest. If you want to stop the high turnover of losing your good merchs to coke and pepsi where they make more money, less stops and in pepsi's case cut out the salesmen headaches, make some changes.

Its cool, but it takes a toll on you

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Norcross, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Norcross, GA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Work independently, not as much work as coke or pepsi, weekly pay

Cons

hard work, lots of stores for one merchandiser, long hours

Advice to Management

Hire more merchandisers or pay more

10. Decent

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance depending on the group you worked in

Cons

Culture could be better in all areas...this could be a great place to work

Advice to Management

You have such a great brand and image to the outside public...use that to promote the same culture inside the company

So Far, So Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Autonomous working environment - If you are the kind of individual that thrives without direction and can create your own systems and tools, this is the place to be. Creativity is allowed across the scope of the job, and the team is very supportive of new ideas and innovations that are brought over from other companies.

Self Directed Career Profiling - You have the ability to create your own career path. While it won't be defined for you, developing skills outside of your core job will enable you to seek promotional opportunities outside of a traditional path.

There seems to be enough support to get your job done, but not too much to create office drama.

Cons

Innovation is sometimes strangled or thwarted due to old-school methods for getting work done.

Advice to Management

Encourage innovation by removing barriers and rewarding ideas.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos