Duff & Phelps

Duff & Phelps Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Duff & Phelps Chairman, President, and CEO Noah Gottdiener

Noah Gottdiener

Pros
  • Good work life balance and somewhat interesting work(in 8 reviews)

• With some effort, patience and skill, there are doors that open at Duff and Phelps, and you have flexibility to create your own work environment(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Erratic hours; tough clients who are also working crazy hours; hard to find a work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Long hours but aside from that not much(in 10 reviews)

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary that is competitive

ConsExtensive last minute travel possibilities

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Culture and Professional Employees. Diversified client base, Duff and Phelps has good name recognition,

ConsCompetitive industry. Industry is also cyclical and sensitive to economic conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior staff needs to spend more time marketing

I wouldn't recommend

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosgood opportunities to learn, get thrown in on lots of projects, big name clients

Consincredibly long hours and weekend work and very little pay relative to hours worked, zero ability to control or predict your schedule, the company expects you to have your computer when you take vacation, the rating system is on a curve aka even if more people are great, they can't get assigned the higher rating and they have to have some assigned as the lowest rating, incredibly low bonuses, no loyalty to employees, people are incredibly intense and can only talk about work, culture is intense, stiff, and people aren't friends

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing...dispute consulting division

Dispute Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Proslean team structure on certain engagements

Consoverworked
    poor pay
    laughable bonus
    poor training
    poor staffing structure
    i suggest looking to other litigation consulting firms unless you have an interest in IP litigation

Advice to Senior Managementbe less cold-hearted

Long hours, terrible compensation, poor culture

Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsYou will become an expert at putting pitches together because that's all you will do. The company rarely ever wins a pitch. The firm's sweet spot is negative EBITDA companies.

ConsSome managing directors will screw anyone over for a deal, even their colleagues at the firm.

Bonuses will be hyped so that you work extra hard (especially thought the holidays) but when it comes time to pay bonuses senior management always have an excuse about how it was a tough year. My bonus working a 9-5 corporate role was higher than working 90+ hours a week at Duff.

Great Job out of College

Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGain Marketable Skills. Valuation / Modeling

ConsPay is below street, Challenge employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees better, match street to retain employees.

mediocre

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossome people are quite good

Conspoor leadership, very poor communications

An actual experience is very much dependant on the office location

Senior Associate (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood training on promotion, excellent facilities, flat management structure, senior management is approachable, the company supports employees in getting financial qualifications, good hours.

ConsThe brand is not recognisable in UK, below average compensation. The fact that the company is headquartered in US is very evident elsewhere. High turnaround, majority of people work about 2-3 years in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate your efforts on European and Asian offices.

A Well Run Organization Looking to the future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Pros-Knowledgeable people across all positions

-A Strong team environment

-Willingness to change and adapt

-Interested in developing talent and fostering employee growth

Cons-Some positions experience a very heavy work load, especially during certain times of the year

-Hard to describe your job at parties

-Transitional period requires new skills and a high comfort level with uncertainty in some areas

Property Tax Integration Analyst

Property Tax Integration Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat location, beautiful offices. The people are very friendly and the have free soda!

ConsHiring practices are unprofessional! I was hired, asked to work temp for 3 months and then told to show up for training. I showed up for training on a Monday with one other woman who had also been hired and 6 temps. On wednesday, the trainer told us that only three people from the class would be kept on friday. Myself and the other woman that was hired were not of the 3 kept to stay at Duff and Phelps. They would not tell us why!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way, your so called training class for new employees is a joke!

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!