DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros:
  • "Good pay and union support, the people I worked with were top notch people"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Decent salaries and the working class employees are mostly good people who want to do good work"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Promoting employees to management with no management experience, overall arrogance of upper management"
    in 7 reviews
  • "being away from home living conditions can be harsh"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience with DynCorp is irreplaceable. It's a great experience that you cannot get anywhere else.

COMBS Site Manager (Former Employee)
Bargay, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat way to challenge yourself and create new relationships with a broad range of different cultures and feel good about your daily accomplishments.

ConsMinimal downsides, my worst downside is being away from love ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the great support that we provide for our War Fighters.

Dyncorp int'l is the best company i have ever worked for

Tent Repair Technician (Current Employee)
Herat (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Prosworking conditions are the best and salary is satisfying

Conssometimes you are reprimanded while you are Innocent

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should be more fair to all regardless of the race

DynCorp International have provided our customers with top quality service around the world

Aviation Maintenance Technician (Former Employee)
Mannheim (Germany)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople that make up the workforce enriches the Company with extensive real-world experience, expeditionary spirit and innovative thinking

ConsMedian pay, slow advancement opportunities, restrictive leave policy, and lack of material support in austere work locations

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove partnership with workforce, and customer by valuing relationships with the workforce

unhappy place

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI want to be able to put something, but I honestly can't think of anything positive to say. If you are out of a job and they will hire you, go for it (at least it's a paycheck), but I wouldn't leave a decent job to go here.

ConsEmployee morale is in the toilet. Constant threat of layoffs for the worker bees, but yet they have an over abudance of VPs. No pay raises for the last two years, but mgmt still paid themselves a bonus. Managers can't or won't make decisions. Too much red tape, but it's a government contractor so I guess that's to be expected. Really depends what group you are in, some groups are expected to work themselves to death. Seems to be a better balance in the field or on contracts than in corporate office. Advancement opportunities are practically non existant. You might be able to make a lateral move but unless you are "in the club" you won't be moving up anytime soon. They are stuck in old fashioned ways "because that's how we've always done it". Company gets bought/sold on a regular basis, so the structure is constantly changing. As soon as the dust begins to settle from one sale, the next one happens. The only thing that stays the same here is change, but it all seems to focus on superficial things that create more work. I did not feel valued as an employee at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you would accept that your employees are your most valuable asset and brought back things like jeans Friday, and actually put an effort into improving morale you would do infinetely better. People know they are expendable at DI. The constant threat of layoffs causes your best people to leave voluntarily before they are cut, so you end up with the poor performers sticking around. You need to put some effort into training people - new hires leave so quickly because they are thrown to the wolves with ZERO training or support. Pick a direction and stick with it for more than 5 min to see if if actually has an impact.

Same as any other overseas contractor out there, lots of politics and many employees there for the paycheck only.

Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee)
Kandahar (Iran)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFast, easy money. Great position to be in to pay off loans and debts. Important to remember, do you one-year contract and go home.

ConsFar from home and family. Some of the loneliest days and nights that I have spent.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit your employees more often to make sure that they are doing what they are being paid to do.

Great Overseas Opportunities

Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee)
Lashkar Rāh (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsGood focus on ethics; great overseas opportunities, pay is excellent

ConsContracts differ, but LOGCAP was 7 days a week, 12 hours a day in very austere conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the ethics focus - the DI Star is a great tool. Upper management needs to actually live it, though. I saw multiple examples of when it came down to doing the right thing versus looking good (either for an individual or for the company), reputation (i.e. looking good) trumped fairness (doing the right thing for a subordinate).

Great Company.

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

ProsFunds, chance to grow. Exciting.

ConsLiving conditions, food, weather and work -varies from site to site.

I have an experience in warehousing of more than two years.

Warehousing Material Contrl Clerk (Former Employee)
Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsTo gain more experience in all fields, because with Dyncorp, everything concerning experience one can make.

Consworking with Dyncorp is excellence.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo me Dyncorp is everything they expert in all fields.

Good Organization,Interesting Pepole

Operations & Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee)
Kandah, Laghman Province (Afghanistan)

ProsGood Salery Good Position and Comunication

ConsHave tre contract American,Eurpian and Asian.Same Job tre diferent Salery

Advice to Senior ManagementJ have good Comunication

Great Company

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOpportunity for challenging and rewarding work in numerous areas around the world

ConsContracts come and go which does not provide for stability

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to "Do the Right Thing - Always"

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for DynCorp International CEO Steven F. Gaffney. All 256 reviews are posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees.