DynCorp International

Updated 17 September 2014
3.4

James Geisler
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A great company to work for.

Current Employee - Subcontracts Manager  in  kandhara
    Current Employee - Subcontracts Manager in kandhara

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management and we all worked as one team.

Cons

Work location was in Afghanistan

I had a great time working for the company.

Working with true professionals was good Experience

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Good Money and good Working Environment

Cons

There is no challenge for a Professional

It is very ineresting to work with the company

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative  in  New Delhi
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative in New Delhi

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I am a contract staff of the brocker Mathew and associates. which is a manpower consultancy. they are recruting candidates for Dyncorp So I am waorking for Dyncorp to complect the process of the Indian candidates those who are hired by DI

Cons

learned a lots of new thing ... new sofeware, creating candidates profile making them to complect the paper work... etc...

Maagement is ok.. they use to dicuss he matter with team learders only not with the admins....

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good opportunity and good offers

Cons

Enhance my knowledge and more professional

i fell that i am well qualified for this position

Overseas Position

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door for working abroad.

Cons

Definitely the "Good Ole Boys Club". Many of the higher ups didn't think you were able to do a job unless you were either a man or a retired LTC or higher in your branch of service. Due to this fact that if you didn't have military experience, you didn't understand how to properly manage a dept.

Quit trying to run your overseas projects like the military. Run it like a business.

Concerned About the Bottom Line

Former Employee - Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good salary, benefits, in processing, freedom to act without supervision.

Cons

Lack of communication about future contract status. Poor relationship with the military.

Involving the company with the supported organization is critical. The company allowed it relationship to lapse. A direct quote from a U.S. Army Colonel who was my supervisor and was pleased with my performance - "DynCorp is the Enemy".

Employee Relations

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here is that you are getting paid no matter what happens outside the wire. As long as you work your 84 hours, they will pay you for them.

Cons

The leadership is terrible, they are double minded, most do not know anything about the job they are performing. The company does not treat its employees well, there is no time off, no sick days, no holidays and they wonder why people are exhausted and complaining.

Treat the employees like adults and not someone you despise. Listen to our ideas on how to improve things and dont shut us out. Allow us to have some time off even if its not paid so that we can regenerate our minds and bodies

The experience with DynCorp has been challenging.... Good, and bad, but overall a worthwhile experience.

Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor  in  Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many opportunities for growth and advancement if you apply yourself. This was in a warzone and the people for the most part were like family.

Cons

The biggest CON is that most of the upper and senior management were not competent in their position. Their lack of skills and competency crippled the operation in many ways... Bad decision!!

Bridge the gap between working projects HQ, and corporate for a smoother and seamless operation.

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.

Not too shabby

Current Employee - Work Center Supervisor  in  Lexington Park, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Work Center Supervisor in Lexington Park, MD (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Pay and benefits for the most part.

Cons

Micro managed all the time.

Higher more management to oversee all of the employees.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!