DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

DynCorp International Chairman & CEO Steven F. Gaffney

Steven F. Gaffney

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone(in 24 reviews)

• I was able to move into a management position very quickly and enjoyed a good salary and benefits(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program(in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up(in 6 reviews)

A great company to work for.

Subcontracts Manager (Current Employee) kandhara

ProsGreat management and we all worked as one team.

ConsWork location was in Afghanistan

Advice to Senior ManagementI had a great time working for the company.

Working with true professionals was good Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Money and good Working Environment

ConsThere is no challenge for a Professional

It is very ineresting to work with the company

Human Resources Administrative (Current Employee) New Delhi

ProsI am a contract staff of the brocker Mathew and associates. which is a manpower consultancy. they are recruting candidates for Dyncorp So I am waorking for Dyncorp to complect the process of the Indian candidates those who are hired by DI

Conslearned a lots of new thing ... new sofeware, creating candidates profile making them to complect the paper work... etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementMaagement is ok.. they use to dicuss he matter with team learders only not with the admins....

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company Review

Staff Officer (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is very generous in its vacation allocations, based on how long you've worked for them. The are definitely pro-veteran, and family. The atmosphere is one of teamwork.

ConsBeing off-site, sometimes information is found out slowly. Additionally, historically when training is required, we tend to get notification at the "critical" hour for it to be completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communication lines open to the lowest worker level.

Strong opportunity as a starting block for contract work

Operations (Former Employee) Kuwait City (Kuwait)

ProsThe pay wasn't as strong as, say, KBR and some of the other companies. However, you received a lot more of the freedoms you'd receive working a normal job.

ConsYou're not completely free. Having a family can be difficult. Hard to move up, depending on the project.

Quality Corporate Ownership and Leadership

Director In Human Resources (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsOur Owner and our Chairman/CEO are the best that I've worked for. They always seem to have the DI Star in mind when they must make those tough decisions regarding staffing. I have never seen the CEO unkind--firm, yes, demanding, yes, but kind.

ConsThe uncertainty for the company staff because of the uncertain win or lose in government contracting.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more all-hands communication

Good employer

Force Protection Supervisor (Former Employee) Ferizaj (Kosovo)

ProsGood pay, ok food, ok rooms.

Consneeds to pay closer attention to upper mgmt.

Advice to Senior Management?

Great pay

Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) Patuxent River, MD (US)

ProsGreat pay, and experience! Raises were annually started off at $27.00/hr after one year of work and one raise I ended at $30/hr

ConsThe location of work was pretty bad, it was southern Maryland and the cost of living down there was outrageous.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork was great while I was there, it isn't the normal professional work environment due to the majority of the people being prior military there is a bit of hazing going on at times.

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay, vacation, overseas service, experience and great people

ConsPolitics, hours, access to basic things: Internet
    Personal items

Advice to Senior ManagementRead resumes, you have people with leadership potential and years of experience wasted on menial positions

It was a good place to work, management was pretty easy, but for most people the advancement rte is low

Avionics Technician (Former Employee) Patuxent River, MD (US)

ProsPeople pretty much get along, everyone was military and we all had a common goal.

ConsUnions are not around to protect the people that want to work...definitely for the lazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have incentives for people to work harder

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!