www.dyn-intl.com

Updated 21 October 2014
Updated 21 October 2014
3.3

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 27 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

General Aircraft Technician

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many professionals involved in day-to-day operations. Excellent pay with great medical benefits.

Cons

Very few if any. Since DynCorp has a world-wide mission, many days and months away from family takes a small toll on family life.

None. DynCorp is a strong company with a long tract history of satisfying the customer.

Concerned About the Bottom Line

Former Employee - Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good salary, benefits, in processing, freedom to act without supervision.

Cons

Lack of communication about future contract status. Poor relationship with the military.

Involving the company with the supported organization is critical. The company allowed it relationship to lapse. A direct quote from a U.S. Army Colonel who was my supervisor and was pleased with my performance - "DynCorp is the Enemy".

Okay overall

Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Program Financial Analyst

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-works, benefits good, work-life balance good, management good, flexible schedule, staff development is good, upward mobility ... Opportunities around the world...

Cons

Contract work, so possibility that my position could go away in a few years. No tuition reimbursement on my contract...employer match has been cut back to save money.

None

I had good experience and know how in working with Dyn Corp International

Former Employee - Supply Technician in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Former Employee - Supply Technician in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think I don't have problem in working with Dyn Corp Interational they teach me in dealing with co-employee civilan and military.

Cons

The challenge working with Dyn Corp International in arabic language I was forces to speak in arabic . The benefit they give me was so beneficial to my family and myself. They develop us employees to deal in good leadership in our work.

I have nothing to see with regrds to management of Dyn Corp International. They ar good company.

DynCorp International

Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Herat (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Herat (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good organization, focused on continual process improvement

Cons

There is an ever need for qualified personnel

Hire by qualification, never association

Stay away! Bait and switch

Current Employee - Mobile Training Team in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Mobile Training Team in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The team leads are good first line managers. Working with team mates if the best part of the job.

Cons

Dyncorp has very little concern for employees. When complaints about recent 60% pay cut were voiced! management related they had hundreds of propel to take out place.

Instructional knowledge is something you should try to hang on to. The new contract in Palestine will go into default, can't run two sites at 30% staffing

Not too shabby

Current Employee - Work Center Supervisor in Lexington Park, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Work Center Supervisor in Lexington Park, MD (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits for the most part.

Cons

Micro managed all the time.

Higher more management to oversee all of the employees.

The experience with DynCorp has been challenging.... Good, and bad, but overall a worthwhile experience.

Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities for growth and advancement if you apply yourself. This was in a warzone and the people for the most part were like family.

Cons

The biggest CON is that most of the upper and senior management were not competent in their position. Their lack of skills and competency crippled the operation in many ways... Bad decision!!

Bridge the gap between working projects HQ, and corporate for a smoother and seamless operation.

It seems that the company is continuing to falter. Three CEOs within the first month.

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of work to do. The people are great and you get to help those that serve this great country.

Cons

Cerberus (owner) is killing the company since they keep trying to bring in commercial best practices in the a government / military world. It just doesn't work.

Also teams are too lean as it stands. Once LOGCAP goes away the company will be hurting. Plus they are one huge contract away from imploding since they barely have the staff to keep the lights on.

Listen to your employees, many have which been with the company for over 10 years. Also, get away from Cerberus as fast as you can or they will totally sink the ship and alot of good people will loose their jobs.

Overworked

Current Employee - QC Master Electrician in Shīndand (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - QC Master Electrician in Shīndand (Afghanistan)

Pros

I learned alot but ...........

Cons

.............not a minutes rest. 7/12s. Lousy accomodations. Always the worst on FOB. Management, all former KBR didnt seem to learn much from LOGCAP III. Bad morale (QEST). Overworked, stress out the ears, mind numbing paperwork. QEST auditors are disrespected and hated by all and the hostility wears on you.Makes you hostile.

How bout a day off. Better living quarters. Not enough attention to mental health and stress. A very passive approach. People suffer in silence. How bout some real MWR. Organize events instead of just setting up tents.General order #1 sucks. Beer making kits should be distributed to all.

DynCorp International Photos