DynCorp International

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Not yet rated.

S. Gordon Walsh

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A company with no sense of direction

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsThe lower level of management and their staff are very good hard working people.
    Compensation is good
    Benefits are Ok
    Challenging tasks

ConsManagement has no sense of direction
    Too many changes in organization structure
    Too many VP’s & Sr. Directors
    Poor training for new hires
    Very poor HR department it is all about protecting the company but not the employee
    Too many complaints never addressed
    Poor employee moral
    Favoritism
    No merit increase for the last 3 years
    Constant increasing benefit cost
    Reduced 401K company match
    The business is decreasing and poor business development
    Do not care about employee’s wellbeing or their life outside of work the company is demanding more hours.
    Directors and up are very demanding and very good at blaming others

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to clean house, take care of your hard working people

Interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company is known for quick hire.

ConsThey hire from all over the world. This may cause some problems if you are not accustomed to working with foreigners.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter screening of who you put in charge.

Good people horrible management

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsGreat group of people to work with who share knowledge and help you as much as possible.

ConsUpper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Dynamic Company

EOD Specialist/Security Lead/Senior EOD Technical Adviser (Former Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGreat HR, Finance Department.Excellent compliance ethos. Never an issue with corporate, and they went many extra miles when abrupt endings occurred on contracts they had.

ConsSome Senior project management lacked skills in administrating and managing people. Many were hired for their credentials, rather then their abilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a good program, provided excellent overall support and handled the day to day issues well. More clarity of what field management can and can't do would be appreciated.

Overall experience was pleasant and exactly what was expected.

ProsGot paid on time. Uniforms were provided and we had most specialized tools to perform all facets of aircraft maintenance.

ConsBeing away from home, but that's expected when signing up.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

my experience has change me a lot in financial and my career

General Labor/Warehouseman (Former Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsThey are caring in everything,my advice is to work more in the same company to serve for a better tomorrow

Consi did not experience any challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat achievement require great perservearence

Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor

Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGood pay, good benefits, good bunch of people to work with

ConsSome management does not know there job, buddy system for promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your employees, fix the promotion system

Review

Director of Pricing (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsGaffney's vision, leadership, mentoring. Completely different company since Cerberus bought us.

Cons"It's not my job"; "It's the COE's fault", "COE's do not support us" and like statements from middle management and below that tarnish relationships.
    Common statements within BATs and COEs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't compound bad decision made several years ago and perpetuate it. It might be better to snap a chalk line and start over.

Project Controls

Project Controls (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsThe job is satisfing and a good chance to work in on an international project in Afghanistan. The pay is good and the foreign earned income exclusion is a bonus. You have opportunities to visit other countries during your R&Rs.

ConsIt's a difficult time for families being apart 11 months a year. You can only be back in the USA for 35 days or less per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more influence on training and mentorship programs.

Long hours, good pay

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

Prosgreat people who are dedicated

Conslong hours that extend into home life

Advice to Senior Managementflex time means flex time, not take your laptop home after working 12 hours

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!