DynCorp International

Updated 17 September 2014
3.4

James Geisler
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunity for prior military

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

the benefits and the work environment

Cons

short contract away from home

great salary t

Current Employee - Mwr Technician  in  Herat (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Mwr Technician in Herat (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

super intel and advanced company

Cons

easy to rise to the next level

best in managing people skill

EL SALVADOR CSL NAVAIR/GSE CFTs AUDIT needed Records, tool-control, PMs need QA checks Complete/Maint/safety IAW-NAVAIR.

Current Employee - QA Insp U S Comm/Airframes MRO E S Intl Airport  in  San Salvador (El Salvador)
    Current Employee - QA Insp U S Comm/Airframes MRO E S Intl Airport in San Salvador (El Salvador)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

DynCorp Intl CFTs NAVAIRGSE Maint/Support CSL-1 EL SALVADOR was good in the early years when the team was fresh in 2001.

Cons

Problem is that the same CFT has been on site for 13yrs and the maintenance, slacking with no expert QA/oversight.

Surprise Secretly Audit the site from Corporates Higher Echelon of experts, to many friends in lower network leak AUDITS to their buddy network.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company, lots of opportunities for career advancement

Former Employee - Senior Contract Administrator  in  Shīndand (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Senior Contract Administrator in Shīndand (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The job is well paid, there is lots of opportunity for international travel, the company pays for all living expenses in country.

Cons

minimum 12 hour work day (usually more like 14) seven days a week. the living conditions are minimal, there is a great deal of internal politics.

Great Company, Local Management Needs Work

Current Employee - Mentor  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Mentor in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Good salaries, excellent people, professional company

Cons

Local Program Managers and Deputy Program Managers seem to believe they are the primary focus and SOW earners are the supporting players. Usually the best logistics, support items, housing etc goes to the PMO and staff.

Stop using previous rank as a factor in hiring for leadership positions. Remember that the PMO and staff are supporting the SOW earners, not the other way around.

Did not provide a timely response to a hazmat health issue

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

It is an international company, perhaps the adventure to other countries, cultures, however the market is changing, expect a reduction in positions overall.

Cons

Lack of response from headquarters, even after I emailed the CEO about the issue. I requested a change of work area from local management, that was denied. It was a health hazard to all workers, including other military groups, and contract company employees. I heard in the aftermath, people have issues talking, are coughing, have headaches. Why do large corporation, supposedly experts in the field lack adequate procedures to prevent future health issues that their employees may experience. Not my idea of a company with great values, and the values they say is there operational foundation.

No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The management does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level. No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The IT management, locally and at the headquarters, does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level.

I advised the management, never heard back. The CEO was replaced, however I doubt it was due to my email. Does management read this.... I doubt it.

Workers make companies money, why allow future suffering from health issues?

Walking on egg shells, very unstable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Been here a long time and make good salary.
    Big campaign to promote their ethics and culture.
    I am trusted and respected for my skills and knowledge for the most part, which is as I expect to get anywhere, as I highly skilled and have 2.5 decades of expertise.

Cons

Extremely unstable; employees live in culture of fear and exhaustion. Rounds of lay offs every year if you are not a union employee working a specific contract. Funding for various projects is always hard to come by even for regular much needed maintenance.
    2 years of zero merit pay increases across the board and benefits reduced.
    AWFUL work hours on call 24x7 for weeks at a time. Some weekends worked continuously.
    Very top down organizational chain of command with a strong reaction to employee's voicing questions or criticism. Not a collaborative culture.
    Very few opportunities for advancement.
    The promotion of the DI Start as their ethics and culture is superficial. SR management does not act it out.

Make employees feel valued with even a tiny pay increase. Stop the executive and senior management perks. Stop trying to trim the corporate overhead jobs, cutting benefits, and constantly rearranging the reporting structure. So much change is not making it better, only creating doubt and fear. Create opportunities for employees to grow their skill and value.

Kind of ok.

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Decent pay. Pay on time.

Cons

In Afghanistan. Very, very poor program management.

None.

operation different types of equipment according to work order [ tmr].

Former Employee - Heavy Vehicle Operator  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Heavy Vehicle Operator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

good ,pay system is ok

Cons

you miss home,family and friends.

upgrade

Love this company.

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is full of intelligent, helpful, team players.

Cons

The company has made benefit cuts to compete with this poor economy. I hope once the economy turns around the company will remember that the employees gave up benefits in bad time hoping to have them returned with good times.

Remember to coach and mentor your employees, they are an investment.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!