DynCorp International

Updated 15 December 2014
Updated 15 December 2014
3.4

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay compared to some of the other companies (in 29 reviews)

• Opportunity for challenging and rewarding work in numerous areas around the world (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Logistics(parts/materials) Living Accomodations (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not communicate effectively so issues constantly arise (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Challenging

Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay compared to some of the other companies.

Cons

No mobility in HR. Very limited HR positions available.

Value the people you have.

Hires Military experienced first

Current Employee - QAQC Technician in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - QAQC Technician in Dabak, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Anytime you're working in a war zone you become a family with those on the ground.

Cons

This company hired much less qualified personnel who once worked for me into the lead positions that I held with other companies doing identical work. Military experience takes heavy preference.

It is legal but hiring ANY group over qualifications, experience, past successes will weaken the company in the long run.

the company it self is a good company to work for ,the only problem is there is some problem with there leadershipe

Former Employee - Generator Techanician in Jalālābād, Nangarhar Province (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

work over there is kind of hard because you live your love once behind u ,there are things u cant do when u are over there,things like ,no drinking of alcohol parting.

Cons

leadership training ,communication ,skills

more leadership training within the offices

excellent

Current Employee - Human Resources in Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good opportunity and good offers

Cons

Enhance my knowledge and more professional

i fell that i am well qualified for this position

Worst place to work as a female / can't keep a CEO

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company has very little that is positive, if the job market wasn't in the toilet, I would hve left already.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement for women

Try not to be so much of a boys club in your overseas programs

Overseas Position

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door for working abroad.

Cons

Definitely the "Good Ole Boys Club". Many of the higher ups didn't think you were able to do a job unless you were either a man or a retired LTC or higher in your branch of service. Due to this fact that if you didn't have military experience, you didn't understand how to properly manage a dept.

Quit trying to run your overseas projects like the military. Run it like a business.

DynCorp doesn't care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are really in need of employment and can't find anything else then work here only to gain experience and then leave after a year. Otherwise, I don't recommend working here.

Cons

DI is top heavy and pay only its upper management personnel. They don't care about the support staff, often lose bids on proposal due to POOR PAST PERFORMANCE ratings, and has a bad reputation with the government. They are a sinking ship!

Clean house!! of your upper management who have fat paychecks, stop hiring your siblings, and other family members and promote HONESTLY within the minorities who are qualified. Stop promoting those caucasians who are NOT qualified. Stop lying to the government!!!

Concerned About the Bottom Line

Former Employee - Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good salary, benefits, in processing, freedom to act without supervision.

Cons

Lack of communication about future contract status. Poor relationship with the military.

Involving the company with the supported organization is critical. The company allowed it relationship to lapse. A direct quote from a U.S. Army Colonel who was my supervisor and was pleased with my performance - "DynCorp is the Enemy".

Even Ethics does not do the right thing

Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High salaries per experience and a ton of flex time during the week.

Cons

I had a manager who broke every rule on the social contract. I reported it to Ethics because it was getting out of hand. Ethics said, "yeah, there are some bad managers out there but just because he lies or treats you bad does not mean anything.. but I will talk to them about the internal training you aren't getting". I was given permission for training immediately afterwards and a couple weeks after that I was let go in a so called "lay-off"! I contacted Ethics regarding "retaliation" and they wouldn't respond for 6+ months. Later found out that my boss had lied again to Ethics in a cover-up so Ethics just left it at that. Would not look into the matter.
    Turnover is significant. More than any company I've ever seen. I had 7 different managers during my few years tenure. None of whom are with the company any more. Further, leadership portrays unethical standards in cost representation to the government.

The right thing doesn't come from you.

Employee Relations

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is that you are getting paid no matter what happens outside the wire. As long as you work your 84 hours, they will pay you for them.

Cons

The leadership is terrible, they are double minded, most do not know anything about the job they are performing. The company does not treat its employees well, there is no time off, no sick days, no holidays and they wonder why people are exhausted and complaining.

Treat the employees like adults and not someone you despise. Listen to our ideas on how to improve things and dont shut us out. Allow us to have some time off even if its not paid so that we can regenerate our minds and bodies

DynCorp International Photos