Dynamics Research

Add Photos

Dynamics Research Chairman, President, and CEO James P. Regan

James P. Regan

Worst Run Company I ever experienced

Director (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsNONE, Management is the worst ever.

ConsManagement is horrible. Employees are treated poorly. Performance is not rewarded

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the President, and all the SVPs. Start fresh.

A good place to work.

Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsI have been happy with DRC's culture, which is more personal than I would've thought. The benefits and salary are competitive and I am in a job that fits my skill set nicely.

ConsThere seems to be a contraction of business in my area, so opportunities for growth and expansion seem limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication regarding business opportunities and growth potential for the company would help employees better plan their careers

Horrible Management

Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsYou get paid every two weeks, providing you don't get mysteriously fired.

ConsTheir website talks about providing their employees "respect." I can only assume their idea of respect is different from the rest of us.

Respect? DRC's On-site management repeatedly raised their voices at us, spoke down to us, and even chewed us out in front of our peers. As one longtime employee whispered to me, "This is the most unhappy place I have ever worked at."

Respect? DRC's management had a major software delivery scheduled for the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. So the poor programmers spent the Thanksgiving weekend working 10 - 12 hours at the client site in an attempt to get the software release installed. No time with family and friends during the one long holiday designed just for family and friends. Did DRC think about these employees' families and friends by scheduling a release on a Monday after a major holiday? Of course not! But then again, that's DRC's idea of "Respect."

Respect? In the first six months of working for DRC, I saw the entire computer programming staff turned over. People would be fired late in the day, never to be seen again. Just an awful working environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementDRC mamagment can't fire themselves; too bad, because it is the management that is responsible for such an unpleasant, hostile work environment. I honestly don't know how these people sleep at night. But then again, since DRC management has no conscience, they probably sleep very well.

Which all explains why the company is in trouble, losing business along with employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not A Trustworthy Company. Unethical Practices

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsHave contracts with good clients

ConsVery unreliable company. The management only looks for money and they don't care for their employees. They put unethical pressure on employees to advance their business. Will never recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of managers who are unprofessional and unethical before they irreparably damage the reputation of DRC

Management is good old boys club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsGood possiblities in the marketplace, but officers in Massachusetts weak on strategic planning.

ConsC level executives down in the weeds too much. Need to give authority to people on the front lines of business

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce staff in operations and listen to people down the food chain.

Defense Contractor

Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsGreat Benefits associated with the company.

ConsNot so great pay associated with the company.

Research analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLife work balance is okay, some telecommuting options available, salaries and benefits are generally good. Company provides training opportunities.

ConsCompany doesn't invest in employees beyond corporate training. Turnover is high, management isn't strong and that creates a stressful environment.

Good COmpany to work for

Various IT Analyst Positions (Former Employee) McLean, VA (US)

Prosgood pay and benefits, flexible, interesting work

Consfor me the only con was my commute

Excellent Company, excellent managers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThe managers that I have had exposure to are top notch. They go to bat for their employees, and they lead by example. I've also been given the nudges I need to excel and develop in the workforce. They do everything they can to hold onto their top employees.

ConsSomewhat hard to move within the company.

Solid medium-sized company with above average benefits and strong work/life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsRelaxed work atmosphere with above average benefits and welcoming employees. Work/life balance is excellent as there really is high flexibility in working from home and/or flexible work hours. As long as you get done what you need to management is good with. The DC area has abundant offices, so no matter where you live you can come into work in one of the nearest offices if needed from time to time. DC regional capital HQ is in the Heart of Clarendon right across from the Metro which is super convenient, there is never a dearth of good lunch places to visit

ConsDRC is beholden to the macro world of government contracting. Given the volatile political atmosphere in DC, if you are consulting, your projects could be at risk at any given time; however, this is not singular to DRC. Corporate offices are very quiet which can be offputting at times. The coffee is also not very good, at all.

Worked for Dynamics Research? Contribute to the Community!