E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

E*TRADE Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Paul T. Idzik

Pros
  • Etrade values work life balance and offers opportunities to advance in your career path(in 16 reviews)

• The Series 7 and 63 training is free and useful in other jobs(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • could improve in employee work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Call center work can eventually wear on an individual(in 14 reviews)

Call centers suck.

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsPaid for Series 7 and 63 classroom hours with amazing instructor. Free materials (books software to study at home) and test. Was awesome to be able to get paid and study!!!

ConsMicromanagement like you never seen before!!! I might as well have a supervisor sitting in my cube!!

You have to literally log on the computer EVERYTHING you do the second you do it. If not the sup will IM you and ask what you are doing. You will receive a schedule everyday that dictates when you have lunch and go to the bathroom. I am serious!! I cannot make these things up!!

Unless you like having a phone glued to your ear from when you get in to when you leave, this job is not for you.

Also, they are very sales heavy, sups want you to push products of these poor investors.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging your employees!!!

Run FAST

Operations (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsViews of lower Manhattan. I can't think of anything else.

ConsI have never seen a group of managers and directors with such hatred towards one another in my entire career.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making an environment that pits managers against each other.

FSR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat for someone out of college or looking to get there entry level license without out of pocket cost

ConsLow pay for the constant barrage of calls and high responsibilities and no room for error. constantly pushes advancement from within but makes you feel bad if you dont want to move in there time frame or at your own pace. and they act like your getting some huge raise with the promotion. Managers do squat with the majority of work falling on shoulders of the leads.

Advice to Senior Managementread the reviews of past employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible

Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

ProsOkay benefits and good hourly pay for what you were doing.
    Get to look at the stock market all day and see a lot of fox news, if that's your sort of thing.

ConsCondescending middle management, little autonomy, Absolutely no one on my floor woke up and wanted to go to work in the morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive an accurate description of position in the interview and maybe you won't have a 50% turnover every 6 months

In my experience you had to put up with the micro management that is typical of a call center, but pay is competitive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe training was good, with opportunities for advancement

ConsThere was a great deal of micro management

This is a good job. It is a call center environment and there are sales quotas.

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

ProsThe overall work environment is really good. They promote from within and the starting salary is very competitive. They do stress the importance of a positive client experience.

ConsThere is a lot of uncertainty regarding what shift you may have to work which makes it difficult to plan all other aspects of your life. Retirement benefits are currently poor. They will match up to 2.5 percent is all.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave recruiters be completely honest regarding the position. I was told this position has no sales aspect. I asked about sales quotas specifically and was told that was not a part of this position. It turns out that your sales ability is a huge part of your performance which affects your evaluation, your bonus potential and your ability to advance your career.

Forever a start-up financial company

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGood place to get your securities license

ConsC-level management constantly changing (3 new CEOs for the past 5 years). Leads are given to favor reps/fc. Poor training, compensation, protocols and customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to get their act together.

high turnover, they treat you like a commodity, not a team member

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

Prosgood pay potential, quarterly bonuses

Conshigh turnover and they can let you go without a warning or doing anything unethical and still meet business results

Advice to Senior Managementhave an action plan to help improve employees rather than without any warning/coaching let the employee go

Not an Encouraging Place to Work

(Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility concerning Telecommuting, the Location was ideal, and the Work/Life Balance was pleasant.

ConsCompensation Package (low pay compared to competition and/or industry standards) Management (as they were horrible to work with, complete condescending people), In addition they micro-managed and the funny part is that the employees knew more than what they knew. High-Turnover, and outsourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen depleting the work force in order to save a buck. Try trimming off the people fielded in the managerial positions because in my opinion and based on experience, the lower level employees actually get the work done, while management takes the credit. I guess that's the culture of working in a corporate environment.

Financial Consultant

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsPositive team environment and colleagues are great!

ConsVolatile work environment (job and compensation policy changes are slow) environment is a bit stressful (with call volume), and not necessarily family friendly work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementE*TRADE Management is in survival mode, its important for them to appreciate the impact that production brings to the bottom line and encourage this growth. Something the last regime and this regime struggle with in its vision or game plan moving forward.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!