E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

E*TRADE Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Paul T. Idzik

Pros
  • Etrade values work life balance and offers opportunities to advance in your career path(in 16 reviews)

• The Series 7 and 63 training is free and useful in other jobs(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • could improve in employee work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Call center work can eventually wear on an individual(in 14 reviews)

Financial Consultant

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsPositive team environment and colleagues are great!

ConsVolatile work environment (job and compensation policy changes are slow) environment is a bit stressful (with call volume), and not necessarily family friendly work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementE*TRADE Management is in survival mode, its important for them to appreciate the impact that production brings to the bottom line and encourage this growth. Something the last regime and this regime struggle with in its vision or game plan moving forward.

Not an Encouraging Place to Work

(Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility concerning Telecommuting, the Location was ideal, and the Work/Life Balance was pleasant.

ConsCompensation Package (low pay compared to competition and/or industry standards) Management (as they were horrible to work with, complete condescending people), In addition they micro-managed and the funny part is that the employees knew more than what they knew. High-Turnover, and outsourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen depleting the work force in order to save a buck. Try trimming off the people fielded in the managerial positions because in my opinion and based on experience, the lower level employees actually get the work done, while management takes the credit. I guess that's the culture of working in a corporate environment.

It's just another high-turnover call center.

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsThe Series 7 and 63 training is free and useful in other jobs.
    You can make good friends and connections in the Incubator Class.
    The health benefits are good.

ConsYou will be on the phone for 8 hours a day.
    Customers are often rude, impatient, and unreasonable.
    Promotions are a joke, you will still be on the phone all day no matter the department.
    Few applicable skills outside of sales/customer service industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring more people to keep the queues low, this is better for the employees and customers alike.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Average place

Senior Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsGreat location, beautiful office view, little stress, relatively stable, friendly colleagues

ConsLots of bureaucracy, below average pay, limited potential

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose a busienss style between Silicon Valley and Wall Street

Analyst

Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosdown to earth working environment

ConsNothing much, only pros that you can have

entry level

Prosto get your license. it trains you quickly but doesnt pay much at all. you will have to go elsewhere to get paid what you deserve

Conslack of pay. they will start you entry level and not give much opportunity to grow and increase your pa.

Worst company to work for !!!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

ProsSome coworkers were friendly and easy to work with.

ConsMicromanagement was common practice there. Employees were not valued. Instead they were blamed for upper management's missteps. Technology was outdated and you didn't have opportunity to learn and explore cutting edge technology. After working there for a number of years and you would find yourself stuck with the company and had no markable skills. Benefits were below average in the industry. Only 12 days of vacation to start with.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more people management skills and learn to respect others.

product management

Prosgood benefits, nice people to work with, bright technology team!

Conswork overload, no direction, too vendor dependent, management wants the little people to lead them!

Advice to Senior Managementlead!

In this job, you will learn about the financial industry everyday.

Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsThey provide great training before you are on the job and have good benefits.

ConsThere is a lot of micromanaging.

Good

Prosgood teamwork, excellent support and opportunity to learn more

Conslow compensation/ benefits , no standards and processes are not followed

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!